Hey, I just updated my phone to .732 using DM in Windows. Process is all finished, but I am missing A LOT of stuff. All of my 3rd party apps are gone, except for the Enhanced GMail plug in. Even Memos and Tasks have disappeared. Although it doesn't bother me because I don't play them, all of the games are gone, except BrickerBreaker.

I tried at least restoring my memos and tasks from the LoaderBackup.ipd file that is automatically created in the upgrade process but some items in the database list, including Memos and Tasks, are grayed out and I'm not able to transfer them over to the phone.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't really mind reinstalling the 3rd party apps, but I had some important memos that, for now, are lost.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    06-15-10 03:47 PM
    Hey, I just updated my phone to .732 using DM in Windows. Process is all finished, but I am missing A LOT of stuff. All of my 3rd party apps are gone, except for the Enhanced GMail plug in. Even Memos and Tasks have disappeared. Although it doesn't bother me because I don't play them, all of the games are gone, except BrickerBreaker.

I tried at least restoring my memos and tasks from the LoaderBackup.ipd file that is automatically created in the upgrade process but some items in the database list, including Memos and Tasks, are grayed out and I'm not able to transfer them over to the phone.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't really mind reinstalling the 3rd party apps, but I had some important memos that, for now, are lost.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    You must be a BES user. If your BB is connected to your office BES server, it'll grey out certain databases.
    06-15-10 04:27 PM
    I'm a BIS user, so I don't believe that is the issue. Any other ideas?
    06-15-10 08:40 PM
    Did you check mark the apps to be loaded? I'm betting you didn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 10:03 PM
    No, I don't remember explicitly doing this.

Was that during the update process, or is it something I need to do when trying to restore data from the backup file?

I still don't understand why it would cause BB default apps (memos, tasks, games) not to be restored to the phone. Seems odd that you would have to check a special box to keep them from disappearing...
    06-16-10 12:28 AM

Was that during the update process, or is it something I need to do when trying to restore data from the backup file?

I still don't understand why it would cause BB default apps (memos, tasks, games) not to be restored to the phone. Seems odd that you would have to check a special box to keep them from disappearing...
    I have used these instructions to upgrade 5 or 6 times and have never lost anything. If you have an official OS from your provider ignore the part at the beginning about deleting "vendor.xml".

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ting-system-os
    06-16-10 08:35 AM

Yes, during the update process you were given the option to install apps like BB Maps, Memos, Tasks, Docs To Go, etc.

I have the Garmin app so I didn't check the box for Maps. I didn't want PTT or BBM and those weren't optional, but Civic gave me the work around for them!!!!!
    06-16-10 08:48 AM
    That must be what happened then, as I just realized my Doc2Go apps are also missing. Is there anyway to somehow restore these apps to the phone?
    06-20-10 04:56 PM
    I would try to re-load the os and see if it gives you the option to check these apps and load the os. This time you should use the app loader to do it. If you don't know how it's my computer, C Drive, program files, common files, research in motion, app loader and follow the steps from there. You will get a screen after you run the app loader to check off anything you wanna add. I hope this helps.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 08:29 PM
    Cool, thanks! I'll give that try.
    06-21-10 11:18 AM
    I actually just got to App Loader through DM. Worked perfect. Everything is back. Thanks for the help!
    06-23-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD