I was hoping someone would know the answer. I need to be reachable for work, and I don't have the guts to hose my blackberry without more information.

I changed the verizonptt.alx file, and opened Desktop Manager and Application Loader - it did not give me an option to remove PTT so I quit.

I have Sprint - is it possible that PTT, Verizon Navigator don't get installed or are somehow deleted when Sprint Service Books are downloaded? Or would I have to reload the OS again and then get the option to not load PTT?

The file I changed was in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9630AMEA_v5.0.0.732_P4.2.0.334
    Ok, I wiped and reloaded the OS this morning, after editing the Verizon PTT.alx file. PTT was an optional app in the list, I did not install it.

I just launched DM and chose Add/Remove. PTT is now checked and greyed out.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-17-10 at 01:24 PM.
    06-17-10 01:16 PM
    I used .643 and thought it was the best Tour OS released (except I had issues with call volumes fading in and out).

After I installed .732 w/o PTT (clean install), I immediately noticed that the browser was much faster and calls were clearer. Memory and battery use seem to be great (same as .643). OS loads within 4 min (I have nearly 30 apps), which is almost the same as .643.

Overall, this is perhaps the most flawless OS I've used. No bugs, whatsoever.

This is the PERFECT os, way to go VZW!
    nearly 30 apps! WOW. I guess your post is an excellent tipping point reference for me to finally go for it and break out of my 4.7 OS shell of lameness!
    06-17-10 08:23 PM
    nearly 30 apps! WOW. I guess your post is an excellent tipping point reference for me to finally go for it and break out of my 4.7 OS shell of lameness!
    You're still running 4.7? Take the 5.0 plunge!!!!
    06-18-10 09:26 AM
    I just realised there was an OS update the other day when I plugged my Tour in to another computer in my home office that was running Win 7 and had BB DSM on it. I deleted the SMS notice I had gotten cause I thought it was a confirmation of the payment I'd made earlier that day. I run Linux on my main computer.. glad I had to shut it down for the first time in 6 months to move it or I'd still be rolling with the last patch.

Much more responsive in the menus and QL is now nearly instantly launched when I hit the hot key for an app. No more pausing and waiting for the menu to pop up menu.

Otherwise.. I've seen no really mind blowing improvement over all. But, I've never had to replace mine or my fiance's Tour either. They've both worked perfectly from day one.. just like our Curves prior to that.
    06-18-10 08:29 PM
    You're still running 4.7? Take the 5.0 plunge!!!!
    I'm terrible, yeah... I did load the initial official Vzw 5.0 release OTA, and actually downgraded back to 4.7 because of all of the horror stories ('tech failure') I read on here! It was an entirely preemptive decision.
    06-18-10 10:01 PM
    I am still occasionally getting the browser click issue. The more I used my browser over the weekend, the more I noticed it happening.
    06-21-10 08:31 AM
    I don't know about this .732. I also am having browser issues . Literally took 7 and change mins to get on crackberry. Really?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 08:53 AM
    Have deleted and downloaded Dragon for Email at least 2 time since installing new VZW OS and each time Dragon crashes after a day or so. Anyone else having similar problems?
    06-21-10 10:57 AM
    I upgraded 3 days ago and I have had NO issues. Facebook working fine. Had to reinstall google apps, but wasn't a big deal. Google maps working fine. I am hoping this fixes the voice mail alert in sms message issue, but I have not tried it out yet. Anyone? Overall, my BB browser seems faster, trackball clicking normal again.
    06-21-10 07:12 PM
    Downloaded from Wireless Update on Fathers Day. I noticed 3 days later that the lights on key board goes out. Have to hit back button to get back on. Driving me nuts. Also getting battery drain. I lost the back up to go back to previous version.
    Any fixes?
    Driving me nuts at night.
    06-22-10 07:25 AM
135 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD