So I downloaded the Sprint release of 5.0, went thru all the steps and loaded it on my VZW Tour. Everything seems to work great, except for the standby button on the top right. You know, when you press and hold the mute button to put your phone in standby mode, that's not working for me now, and I'm just curious if it's the same for everyone else running this build?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 05:35 PM
    Apparently, the standby is used as a mute button while listening to music and the lock button not only locks the phone but puts it standby mode. If want the latest radio "484" with you buttons the way you are use to, I suggest looking into running Driphter 6.4 hybrid.
    02-24-10 05:39 PM
    So I downloaded the Sprint release of 5.0, went thru all the steps and loaded it on my VZW Tour. Everything seems to work great, except for the standby button on the top right. You know, when you press and hold the mute button to put your phone in standby mode, that's not working for me now, and I'm just curious if it's the same for everyone else running this build?

Crackberry Master should know the answer to this one as it has been posted time and time again.

The standby button is integrated with the lock button on the left. This is by design and not a bug.

The top right button is used as a mute button in your media player.
    02-24-10 05:39 PM
    Crackberry Master should know the answer to this one as it has been posted time and time again.

The standby button is integrated with the lock button on the left. This is by design and not a bug.

The top right button is used as a mute button in your media player.
    This master would have known all of the bugs/issues before install.
    02-24-10 05:41 PM
    Well this master couldn't sift thru all the threads from people complaining about their Tours to find the threads about this issue!

Seriously tho, I do apologize if this had been posted prior, I did a search earlier and couldn't come up with anything. Thank you for clarifying this issue for me.

02-24-10 06:25 PM
    This master would have known all of the bugs/issues before install.
    I did read about bugs and issues, I never saw this one listed in the threads I read.

All I ever find in any thread about a bug with an OS build is someone telling the OP to load a hybrid, which I don't care to do.

02-24-10 06:27 PM
    Hmm. If you say so.
    02-24-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD