I am wondering what you guys think about this because I have gone through 4 Tour total now, and 3 of which I have gone through in the past 60 days or so. Trackball issues over and over and over it sticks or gets stuck, I have the tech support guys at the store determine if it needs replacing.

But if this final one that is a brand new Tour not a refurbished phone, can I swap this phone for a Storm 2 do you guys think (after October 21st obviously), or will they try and give me a FIFTH Tour?
    10-12-09 03:03 PM
    They should give you the fifth tour or maybe a curve...because the s2 is touch screen and the tour and curve are full keyboard.

Its probably a user error.
    10-12-09 03:06 PM
    I think if you complain about it enough to them, who knows. It won't be an even swap though I'm sure, you'll probably have to pony up some cash to get one.
    10-12-09 03:08 PM
    Received my 5th curve last week that was new an not a refurb and was told anytime you receive a new phone you have 30 days to return it. Just pay the $35 restock fee and you can switch to anything you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 03:16 PM
    You would NOT have 30 days on that 5th curve, even if it was new.. you have 30 days on a new phone, as in.. 30 days from the purchase date.

The fact that you have a keyboard and want to switch to touch, shouldn't have any bearing on the decision.

I went through 5 Storms and was able to switch to the Tour without much issue at all. You are in the hands of the cust service rep, and with the Storm being so new, you will also be at the mercy of a store manager. You will need to find one that is willing to swap the phone in-store.
    10-12-09 03:38 PM
    There will be a lot of people trying to scam for a Storm 2 when it comes out. Verizon will be hit by all types of people that are suddenly having "issues" with their Blackberrys and want to swap it for a Storm 2. While there are people who actually have issues with their phone and need to switch, there will be many that do it just to get the newest phone. The latter will eventually screw it up for the people that actually need their phones replaced.
    10-12-09 04:08 PM
    That was exactly what custmer service and the store manager told me and now I have a storm well actually two because they switched my gf phone too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 04:13 PM
    okay here is what actually happens at VZW:

if you go through 3 phones within a 90 period then you can replace it for another model that is of similar specifications. Currently, that is a tour for a storm and vice versa. When the storm2 comes out I'm not sure if the will consider the storm2 comparable to the tour, but they might, just have to go try.

good luck
    10-12-09 07:33 PM
    I just received my 4th Tour (second green dot) and so far it is perfect in every way. No loose battery door, BT isn't quiet and trackball feels more responsive than the previous three.

The true test will be whether it is just as responsive in 2-3 weeks though when the previous ones failed.
    10-13-09 10:04 AM
    Verizon does have a policy if you have 3 phones bad within a 90 day period from the time of the first one going bad under warranty they will switch you out to a comparable device, which should be the Storm, the only way I would see you getting a Storm2 is if you raise enough heck(and have a generous manager) or if there are no Storms in the store.

I would recommend going after the Storm now rather then trying to do the Storm2 just for the fact like was mentioned their will be plenty of "scammers" trying to get the Storm2 for free.

I have also had customers come in with insurance claims and sometimes you can talk the insurance into switching your device out. You pay 7$ a month for insurance on the Tour and the Storm and have a $100 deductable on both phones, so you can sometimes(dependant on the Asurion rep you get) get them to switch it out.

EDIT: RIM also did have issues with the Tour's trackball and has "upgraded" the trackball. The ball is a tiny bit smaller and it feels to move around alot easier. When I sold one out the other day I could notice the difference between that Tour and my Tour.

Also just as a little protecton to me, I am off the clock and cannot guarentee anything I say on here regarding policies or anything work related. My views are personal opinions and do not reflect the companies.
    Last edited by StevenE06; 10-13-09 at 09:25 PM.
    10-13-09 09:21 PM
    It sounds interesting how you want to "switch" to an entirely different device when you are just having some issues with the device.

If anything, you should get a Curve since its the most comparable to the Tour.
    10-13-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD