So today my alert/speakerphone speaker decided to just crap out... phone wont ring, no text or msg alerts, no speakerphone. And I thought this was my "good" Tour after swapping out 2 with bad trackballs. Im really fed up at this point with the Tour and/or RIM and want out, but VZW isnt having any of it. They offered to send me a replacement (refurb) or if I am approved for a new one I can get one but they will extend my contract X amount of months. Im fine with that, but since I have gone through 3 Tours already I asked if I could get something else, and all they offered me was the Storm 2. I know that phone is a POS too so after trying to get them to send me a Droid instead I just took the refurb. Im not giving up though, I left a message for executive customer service in the Northeast division of VZW to see if maybe someone else cares about keeping a customer with 2 smartphones and a data line under contract. If not Im honestly tempted to just take the ETF hits and go to another carrier and get something that isnt a rickety piece of trash.
    12-13-09 01:52 AM
    im really sorry to hear that man... my tour is ridiculously amazing
    12-13-09 02:15 AM
    Its a good phone when it works, but to go through 4 of them in less than 6 months? Thats totally unacceptable.
    12-13-09 02:19 AM
    sorry you had those problems, but the Tour is an amazing device! you must have a black cloud over your head or something
    12-13-09 07:17 AM
    What is happening with RIM? I've been cruising the Bold 9700 forum lately and many complaints with quality issues also. Some have exchanged their phones 4-5 times before getting a decent one. RIM seriously needs to step it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 08:40 AM
    Are you loading the same apps back on, have you gone thru a process of elimination to see if a 3rd party app is causing it.. I can understand one or 2, but 4??
    12-13-09 09:56 AM
    So VZW is trying to help you, offered you a new phone, and you refused and that wasn't enough for you? The Droid isn't even a like model for your Tour. Sounds like your scamming for a new phone, with all these "issues" you're having with the phone and demanding a particular model........
    12-13-09 10:47 AM
    I had to swap my trackball out... Now the device performs as it should have.

The QC issues at RIM are just nuts. What is going on?

They used to have a high end reputation. Now... ??

12-13-09 11:41 AM
    I'm on my 5th replacement phone so far and they haven't got it right yet. Each phone they send me back has some other physical defect in it like buttons not working or loose trackballs. Quality control is definately not something RIM or VZW know much about apparantly
    12-13-09 01:11 PM
    X2 on being a great device. I haven't had a problem one with mine yet... but maybe I got lucky? Someone needs to start a poll on Tour problems reported and which carrier they have. Seems like Verzion has the biggest number of failures, granted there are no doubt more Tours sold by them..but who knows.
    12-13-09 01:22 PM
    This is my second tour and works like a charm. I borught my 1st one in to get my email fixed and they said I needed a new one cuz of traxckball problems. Sweeeeet

12-13-09 01:59 PM
    I am on my 3rd, because of trackball issues. But I think one didnt count because I switched it out before my 30 days were up upon buying it.

I hand it to them, they see for themselves, then order a replacement. No more hassle than that.

Maybe you have a red X on your account and they send you all of the rejects?
    12-13-09 02:32 PM
    I was just coming here to see if anyone was having trackball issues. I wasn't sure if this was just a BB thing. This is my first one, and wasn't sure if this was normal. I can just scroll and scroll, lets say to the right and it goes left (with and easy touch and a more pressure touch). Can they fix it or will I have to get another phone? I really don't want another one..
    12-13-09 04:12 PM
    Are you loading the same apps back on, have you gone thru a process of elimination to see if a 3rd party app is causing it.. I can understand one or 2, but 4??
    COMPLETELY AGREE.

wow...some of you guys are ridiculous with your replacements. I'm still on my FIRST and have never had the problems I read about. I can't help to wonder if it's user error. I heard all the same complaints with the Storm. I seriously think most of you just don't know what the heck you're doing.
    12-13-09 06:59 PM
    COMPLETELY AGREE.

wow...some of you guys are ridiculous with your replacements. I'm still on my FIRST and have never had the problems I read about. I can't help to wonder if it's user error. I heard all the same complaints with the Storm. I seriously think most of you just don't know what the heck you're doing.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but the above post makes some sense I think.
    I'm sorry to hear about all of the op's problems, and regardless of his fault or VZW's fault - that relationship should probably be severed. I bought my tour at the start of november fwiw
    12-13-09 07:11 PM
    I can totally agree with people having problems with the Tour. I'm on my 3rd and given up on having a phone that does not **** me off. After 2-3 months heres my 2 cents. The OS sucks. Yes it sucks. The new version I downloaded about a week ago... sucks even more. I hate that damn clock that continually comes up when I am trying to download a file or play a game. Its ********. I have never expierenced a computing device with this much lag between execution and result.

I hate having to reset up the network connections after I land in a new city for a business trip before the damn browser will work.

Operator error my arse. RIM error all the way. My 8703 and Curve were a much better business PDA's when it comes to using your phone to download files and open them. They were also better at browsing the web. The web browser is annoying and flat out a waste of time. With all the magnifying and waiting and more waiting and centering. You might as well fire up your laptop, because gone are the days when you can check on a flight or banking site effeciently.

This phone takes decent photos and sends them via e-mail much better than the Curve. As far as the OS, browser, and file downloading speed, the PDA's I had before were much faster. Time is money.
    12-13-09 07:44 PM
    I have never expierenced a computing device with this much lag between execution and result.
    Clearly you've never tried a Motorola device.
    12-13-09 07:49 PM
    The phone is great even as I admit it's my fourth. Different strokes for different folks. :-D

12-13-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD