4th Tour just arrived, as have been exchanging devices due to various problems. I do see each device with improvements.

1st Tour - ordered on day 1. trackball ok, screen ripple, muffled voice, bluetooth ok, locked SIM.

2nd Tour - trackball problem, no screen ripple, muffled voice, bluetooth ok, locked SIM.

3rd tour - trackball ok, no screen ripple, no muffled voice, bluetooth problem, locked SIM

4th tour - trackball ok, no screen ripple, unlocked SIM. still need to test voice.

I'm not upset as it's a new device and any new, mass-produced, technical device will have bugs. I am also satisfied that Sprint is overnighting me a new device each time without question. I feel confident that Sprint/RIM will work out the bugs in the very near future.
    08-12-09 05:08 PM
    Sprint went from the worst in customer service to the best (opinion). I had my Tour with Sprint since July 15 and have had 0 problems. They will workout the bugs. Remember Rim is slow with updates and OS. Unless it is a major emergency like the first storm lol.
    08-12-09 05:32 PM
    i am on my third tour, no tracball issue, no screen ripple, no loose battery door for me. 2nd tour had trackball issue. 1st one had trackball issue and loose battery door. i was first tour customer at my store
    08-12-09 05:39 PM
    I will be swapping out for my 3rd tour tomorrow.

1st Tour - trackball issue, muffled voice, random reset, screen ripple

2nd Tour - keys around the trackball (menu and back button) fell out of the phone! screen ripple, and other keypad issues.
    08-12-09 06:49 PM
    i refuse to acknowledge the battery door to be an issue anymore
    08-12-09 08:09 PM
    Most people have screen ripple, they just don't know it. Go to the calculator app and press down your trackball. You will see it in the lower left and right corners. Whether this bothers you or not is up to you, unless yours goes up 1/3 of the screen. Even then Sprint would not replace mine. Without a car and the 2 stores near me were jerks, so anyway, there you go, there's your screen ripple.
    08-14-09 02:59 AM
    Most people have screen ripple, they just don't know it. Go to the calculator app and press down your trackball. You will see it in the lower left and right corners. Whether this bothers you or not is up to you, unless yours goes up 1/3 of the screen. Even then Sprint would not replace mine. Without a car and the 2 stores near me were jerks, so anyway, there you go, there's your screen ripple.
    Just tighten the screws.......really not a big deal.
    08-14-09 07:46 AM
    On my 3rd from Verizon and it seems to be perfect so far. Not even a loose battery door.
    My first one seemd to have every problem out there adn I took it back with in a week.
    My second one had the loose door and trackaball issue. It also had a large gap between the screen and bezel on the left side of the phone, which in turn made it creek almost anytime I had to use it.

Good luck!
    08-14-09 07:47 AM
    I was the first person in my local verizon store to purchase the Tour on July 12th when it came out. I had NO issues what so ever. I lost the phone like 5 days later and received one from assurian with a crazy loose battery door. Returned it and got another one that now has the trackball issue. At this point, I understand an upgrade will fix it so i'm not gonna bother trying to return it.
    08-14-09 10:00 AM
    There's a thread right below yours about the exact same thing. Could we maybe keep all the "I'm on tour number X" posts in the same thread?
    08-14-09 10:02 AM
    There's a thread right below yours about the exact same thing. Could we maybe keep all the "I'm on tour number X" posts in the same thread?
    posts are little different. Mine is about my 4th tour and noticing the progress and changes Sprint/RIM are making, not about being upset that is my X replacement.
    08-14-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD