01-28-10 01:02 AM
    Installed the patch and it works great. Thanks.
    01-28-10 05:21 AM
    It is nice to see everybody is enjoying and having success with Driphter's 3G patch. That has been one very elusive .cod that others have looked for endlessly. Thanks to Driphter for spending the time to find it. Hopefully a similar patch will be coming for Sprint's users soon!

As Driphter tweeted last night, he will also be releasing another patch, this time for the browser. It will be available at BBHybrids Forums - Home this morning sometime. If you enjoyed the 3G patch you should definitely give this a shot! (Installed the same way, through BBSAK).

Speaking of Twitter, if you enjoy Driphter's stuff you should really check this contest out --> BBHybrids Forums - Free contest . Qualify to win some of the best BB Apps or become a pre-release tester for Driphter. Good stuff.
    01-28-10 07:02 AM
    I always wondered about that, my phone never showed 3G either..........good info thanks guys
    01-28-10 07:44 AM
    1XEV = Verizon Wireless 3G coverage and Blackberry Data Network Connectivity
    1X = Verizon Wireless 1X-RTT (Think AT&T/T-Mobile Edge Network) and Blackberry Data Network Connectivity
    1xev = Verizon Wireless 3G coverage and NO Blackberry Data Network Connectivity
    1x = Verizon Wireless 1X-RTT (Think AT&T/T-Mobile Edge Network) and NO Blackberry Data Network Connectivity
    01-28-10 09:28 AM
    Would anyone who dowloaded the patch be kind enough to post the steps on how to do it? I went to Driphters page and hit download and had some other random page pop up telling me to buy Winrar and don't know what to do next...thanks in advance.
    01-28-10 02:24 PM
    I put this patch on my tour running .419 and it works great. A couple of my buddies have 4.5 Curves on VZW and would like the 3G symbol. I know the posts say that it works on any 5.0 OS but does anyone know if it will work on a lesser OS or what may happen if I try. If I try and it doesn't work or screws something up can I take it off.

FWIW, I tried to ask this on the BBHybrids forums but when I registered there, I never got the activation email.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 06:50 PM
    Would anyone who dowloaded the patch be kind enough to post the steps on how to do it? I went to Driphters page and hit download and had some other random page pop up telling me to buy Winrar and don't know what to do next...thanks in advance.
    You don't need to buy Winrar all u need is some sort of unzip program like winzip or winrar to unzip the file after you download it. You can usually download winrar from somewhere for free if u don't have it.

Once you unzip the file, use BBSAK (blackberry swiss army knife) to intall the .cod file. The phone will reboot and thtas it.

02-01-10 06:57 PM
    You don't need to buy Winrar all u need is some sort of unzip program like winzip or winrar to unzip the file after you download it. You can usually download winrar from somewhere for free if u don't have it.

Once you unzip the file, use BBSAK (blackberry swiss army knife) to intall the .cod file. The phone will reboot and thtas it.

i can get to this point too... but you do you do it once in BBSAK? i see like 4 different files when I unzip with winrar. any help is appreciated
    02-01-10 07:48 PM
    i can get to this point too... but you do you do it once in BBSAK? i see like 4 different files when I unzip with winrar. any help is appreciated
    I only got one file when I unzipped and the .cod I installed is named net_rim_bb_ribbon_app
    02-02-10 06:24 AM
    Ok I figured it out. This is great to have the 3G symbol. Its the little things....

02-02-10 08:17 AM
    Driphter's file is just what I was looking for. Once you get bbsak and download his file, it's easy to do. Trust me, I'm not a wizard on the computer by any means. I'm loving the 3G symbol now that I have it.
    02-02-10 11:54 AM

I can't figure out how to do this, I hit "extract to" then "ok", I know I'm doing something wrong, I can't find it in bbsak
    02-02-10 03:33 PM
    ok, it worked lol, thanks for your help gumshoe351
    02-02-10 03:44 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD