I would like to know how you can tell when the person you sent a text to receives it? I know there is a check mark- that means it's delivered NOT read how do you know when it is read??

On the bb messenger when you send a message there is a D( for delivered) then when read there is an R (for received) why is there nothing for regular texts? or is there?

Q2- Why is it I never hear a notification when a voice mail is received??
    Is there a way for me to make it when I get a vm a sound will play to let me know I have one??

Thanks in advance!!
    03-06-10 08:08 PM
    Question one, there is no real way to tell, i know with mms picture messages there is a delivery confirmation on the options menu.

Question two your text message sound is the same as voice mail messages.
    03-06-10 08:19 PM
    When you send VZW to VZW you will get the D. There is no R for SMS.
    03-06-10 08:20 PM
    Question one, there is no real way to tell, i know with mms picture messages there is a delivery confirmation on the options menu.

Question two your text message sound is the same as voice mail messages.
    Thanks for answering!

My voicemail sound is not the same as a text message- when I get a voice mail it does nothing!! How can I change that?
    03-06-10 10:40 PM
    When you send VZW to VZW you will get the D. There is no R for SMS.
    Thanks for answering!
    I don't get the D for VZ to VZ!! that's what I'm saying!! It's a check mark. that's it.
    03-06-10 10:43 PM
    You can select a ringtone for your phone, etc. go to Options and then ringtones/Alerts
    03-06-10 10:44 PM
    I would like to know how you can tell when the person you sent a text to receives it? I know there is a check mark- that means it's delivered NOT read how do you know when it is read??

On the bb messenger when you send a message there is a D( for delivered) then when read there is an R (for received) why is there nothing for regular texts? or is there?

Q2- Why is it I never hear a notification when a voice mail is received??
    Is there a way for me to make it when I get a vm a sound will play to let me know I have one??

Thanks in advance!!
    In BBM the R stands for Read not received. To make your phone display a D next to the check mark for vzw to vzw sms texts you have to go to options>>>> Sms text>>>>>> then turn "delivery report" on.
    03-07-10 12:38 AM
    Thanks guys! The delivery report is now on.
    Now for the VM tone...gonna go try that now.
    03-07-10 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD