Hi all ..

need a little help from the fam if I can...

My tour ...when I send a SMS out, a copy of it shows in my INBOX or Message screen after it is sent. I have to manually delete it after I send one and it is getting old. When I first had the phone, it did not show any SMS messages after they were sent . I went digging in the settings and cannot find anywhere to prevent this from happening. Any help ??

2nd problem... All my facebook folks show their birthdays in my calendar entries . Problem is, they show up repeatedly like 3-4 times EACH .. I disabled the REOCCURING setting in the calender profile, but after their birthdays come and go, they wont show again . Is their a way that I can have them each show ONE birthday in my calendar instead of two peoples birthdays showing in 10 calendar entries ??

thanks for the help !!
    03-13-10 01:06 PM
    Can't help you with the Facebook issue, but the SMS text I can. Go to Messages> Hit BB Button> Options> General Options> Hide Sent Messages> Set to Yes.
    03-13-10 01:10 PM
    thanks for the prompt response...tried that, but every SMS I send out still shows up in the message screen and Inbox ...any other ideas ? I wiped and reinstalled the OS just for giggles to no avail

thanks !
    03-13-10 01:20 PM
    What OS are you running? If 5.0, then it's not gonna work, the threaded messaging won't allow it. If 4.7, I would go in switch it, save, then go back in, and switch it back, save, then battery pull. See if that changes anything for you???
    03-13-10 01:32 PM
    I am running the 548 leak that just dropped but it has been an issue for some time before that. THANKS for your suggestions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 02:26 PM
    Yeah, as you know with the threaded text messaging in 5.0 it's like a conversation, chat style kind of thing. So there is no way to hide just the sent messages. That setting I mentioned before will just work for emails and MMS's.

Sorry I couldn't help with the Facebook issue. I don't have Facebook sync my contacts at all, so I don't have that issue. You could try clearing your calendar, then deleting and re-installing Facebook??? Not sure though... Hopefully someone else can help?
    03-13-10 02:35 PM
    Threaded messaging is superior because you see exactly what you typed last. With FB I just don't sync my calendar or contacts just messages.
    03-13-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD