My Tour constantly bumps around like this. It is very annoying when I'm trying to do something online, like carry on an IM chat session. I'm in a good coverage area, that was always perfect with my Curve.

I'm on my third Tour. All of them had the dreaded trackball problem (this one has it again, and was built after the supposed fix date). The second one had major connection problems. This one seems to be better, but still has network issues.

I've installed the latest official OS from Sprint, and I've also updated the carrier profile.

I just don't get it. Any solutions?
    10-26-09 03:55 PM
    You try the new PRL update? 60655 is the newest.
    10-26-09 04:33 PM
    You also might try going to to options>mobile network. Change global to 1XEV.
    10-26-09 04:47 PM
    I was gonna suggest that too. I'd also try updating profile or re-registering.
    10-26-09 05:01 PM
    I was gonna suggest that too. I'd also try updating profile or re-registering.
    How might one do this? & Im also having the same problem, cant hold an IM session with this happening.
    10-26-09 06:18 PM
    I had this happen when I was with Sprint. Not just with my Tour but with my Pre as well, so I dumped Sprint and went with VZW and I haven't had this issue come up yet.
    10-26-09 06:26 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    10-26-09 06:27 PM
    Thank You,
    10-26-09 06:32 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Unfortunately, I tried all of them and I am still having this issue.

Any other ideas?
    10-27-09 09:43 AM
    Same here in the metro Detroit area. I'll be driving along an interstate and go from 1XEV to 1Xev to 1X in the span of just a mile or two. very frustrating given that I live in a very dense metro area.
    10-27-09 10:44 AM
    Same here in the metro Detroit area. I'll be driving along an interstate and go from 1XEV to 1Xev to 1X in the span of just a mile or two. very frustrating given that I live in a very dense metro area.
    Mine does it just sitting still in one area. Very annoying.
    10-27-09 11:20 AM
    wow i live in metro Detroit 2 and i dont have any signal problems with sprint my phones always in 1XEV and ive had my tour since July
    10-27-09 04:59 PM
    mine does it even if it is 5 feet from an airave...

it makes calls all the time when there is an X for signal
    10-27-09 05:20 PM
    I had this issue, after doing a wipe and reload .57 the signal seems more stable and no more dropped calls. I don't know what changed but seem to work for me. I figure after loading and unloading beta and official release software, something might have gotten screwed up. Oh also, lags are gone with this procedure. Give it a try, the tour does have a weak radio but its better to find a workaround than to get rid of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 05:40 PM
    thanks for the hot tip lastraid, I just went and changed my settings and for the first time I'm staying in 1XEV! whoot!
    10-27-09 07:18 PM
    Mine had this issue. I got a replacement for my trackball issue and it went away! I tried everything as well. If I were you I would get one more replacement and hope for the best

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:21 PM
    thanks for the hot tip lastraid, I just went and changed my settings and for the first time I'm staying in 1XEV! whoot!
    Good to hear this worked for you. Just remeber if you travel out of the country, remember to change it back to global.
    10-27-09 07:21 PM
    Good to hear this worked for you. Just remeber if you travel out of the country, remember to change it back to global.
    Worked for me as well. Jumped around like crazy before and now it's all good.

Quick question, what is global? why does switching it from global "fix" any problems?

Just wondering...
    10-27-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD