Definitely interest here as well. Love my 9850 and it would be great to have some themes to swap around.

Would be more than happy to test.
    04-03-12 01:24 PM
    For me personally - it has been the lack of an official Theme builder release. It was my understanding that the themes being built lack the abilities and functionality of a theme built with the native 7.0/7.1 theme builder. I personally would love an HTC Sense type theme. Had it for my Storm and Storm2 and it rocked. I have BEWeather and use it to skin the main screen, but it sucks that I can't just touch the Sun or whatever the day's weather is to bing up the app.
    +100

I like some of the "looks" that I have seen in the other model theme forums, but for me it REALLY is about the functionality.... and I guess that is all contingent on the release of the Theme Builder.... ack!
    04-03-12 01:26 PM
    The marketing for the 9850/9860 is awful. No themes because hardly anybody has these phones to ask for them. It has nothing to do with the community not wanting them, and everything to do with the fact there is no community.

I love the 9860, I think it is by far the best Blackberry phone on the market. RIM is desperately trying to compete with other phones, and the 9850/60, which has the best chance of competing, has zero support.

I know many Blackberry users love the keyboard on the Bold, but keyboard phones don't sell. The iPhone doesn't have one, the top Android phones don't have them, heck, Windows phones don't have them. People don't want keyboards, they want big touch screens.

The 9850/60 is the most "in" phone Blackberry has, it has the most mass appeal, and RIM is basically ignoring it. They have a commercial running for the Bold that takes shots at touch screen phones. The marketing is completely idiotic and embarrassing. You know what people think when they see the 9850/60? They say, "wow, that's a Blackberry"? Non Blackberry users, the people RIM wants to bring over, don't even know this phone exists.
    I second this post 1000%. The public is moving away from keyboard phones and migrating to smartphones with large screens. The larger the screen, the better...

The BB9860 is the ONLY phone with a full touchscreen, and can compete head-to-head with iPoo-d (oops... iPhone) or Android phones. BUT, as mentioned by Joltcola, there is absolutely NO marketing for the 9860. I actually found out about it when I was looking around in a phone shop.

The lack of 9850/9860 community results in lack of support and contribution... Sad case for such a great phone...
    04-03-12 09:25 PM
    http://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-dev...dware-keyboard

That's just one of the links I've found that says that physical keyboards aren't on the way out...

I'm tellin' you guys ROI (return on investment) is a powerful thing...just look through this theme forum and you will see abysmal post counts on ALL of them...

The devs need feedback...posts...screen shots...SALES...or it's going to become increasingly more difficult for them to justify spending the time on the 'underperforming' devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 10:51 PM
    ...and as soon as you post the link for your newest theme that you've given to 9900 & 9810, you'll get some of said sales...thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 11:09 PM
    Despite the lack of the theme builder some folks have been putting together some really neat stuff. Minibanner live, exquisite, zebra, bokeh party, analog clock, 9981, paper, the birds, are just a few. DC, Rapho, Walker, Xingxdom, and MMoooo and several others have been plugging away and Hedone says he got some stuff coming too. It's been slow, but picking up and I think most folks just gave up looking. They are looking now....
    Last edited by mundo472; 04-04-12 at 05:29 AM.
    04-04-12 04:34 AM
    For me, it's the inconvenience of using the work-around without a Theme Builder. There aren't enough people with 9850's or 9860's to warrant going out of my way to build a theme without a theme builder, especially with all of the work-arounds I already use in getting big clocks on there. Perhaps if and when the theme builder comes out, I'll start up again.
    04-04-12 11:54 AM
    I'm enjoying the P9981 theme by DC...Great theme! Always looking for more though.
    dcburke789 likes this.
    04-06-12 09:05 AM
    I too have a couple of DC's themes. I'll try and make some noise :-)
    dcburke789 likes this.
    04-07-12 07:24 PM
    I ask a well known awesome theme builder in one of my bbm groups the same question. I was told its due to lack of feedback, even if 9850/60 is least popular as long as we take time to provide feedback and help them test we would see more. So I say let's do our part and they will do thiers. Make some noise about getting some themes going for 9850/60!!!
    I know I provided feedback along with a request but heard nothing back. I appreciate all that the developers do and provide in the way of apps and themes. I miss the themes I had on my S2.
    04-07-12 08:46 PM
    I switched from Bold 9930 to the 9850 and am loving it. Best device IMO, loving the screen size that is for sure, perhaps Torch 9810 is best of both worlds but since it is only one ATT, I will never get unless it comes out for VZW, keeping my unlimited data plan is something I would hate to lose!
    04-07-12 11:53 PM
    I'm always up for some great new themes
    04-08-12 03:40 AM
    The marketing for the 9850/9860 is awful. No themes because hardly anybody has these phones to ask for them. It has nothing to do with the community not wanting them, and everything to do with the fact there is no community.

I love the 9860, I think it is by far the best Blackberry phone on the market. RIM is desperately trying to compete with other phones, and the 9850/60, which has the best chance of competing, has zero support.

I know many Blackberry users love the keyboard on the Bold, but keyboard phones don't sell. The iPhone doesn't have one, the top Android phones don't have them, heck, Windows phones don't have them. People don't want keyboards, they want big touch screens.

The 9850/60 is the most "in" phone Blackberry has, it has the most mass appeal, and RIM is basically ignoring it. They have a commercial running for the Bold that takes shots at touch screen phones. The marketing is completely idiotic and embarrassing. You know what people think when they see the 9850/60? They say, "wow, that's a Blackberry"? Non Blackberry users, the people RIM wants to bring over, don't even know this phone exists.

i agree!!!!!

Sent from my BB Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 02:30 PM
    I am seriously missing themes on my 9850, when I had my 8530 I had themes for days but on my 9850 I am stuck with the the default theme
    04-08-12 09:45 PM
    Maybe the lack of having a theme builder? hmmm?

RIM cant even support the phones they have let alone build new ones.

No theme builder after 9 months or more of the phone being on the market.

Very sad....

Tim
    04-09-12 06:47 AM
    any update on the crackberry mini banner theme on the 9850? The crackberry article came out almost a month ago and no love for the 9850 yet
    06-30-12 12:39 AM
    any update on the crackberry mini banner theme on the 9850? The crackberry article came out almost a month ago and no love for the 9850 yet
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7249181

Thanks to MINI_Banner_LIVE by drkapprenticeDESIGNS for this theme and to Victor for the link.
    06-30-12 02:00 AM
    Thanks Rich! I would still make 9850/60 themes for my die hard testers
    Not a die hard tester but I sure buy alot of your themes(NOISE!!!). I recently picked up a 9850 and am actually quite happy with it. Still using my 9930 for work though and who knows . Got to keep myself occupied til I see that 10.

So imagine , create and thanks or more will come.
    06-30-12 07:06 AM
    I am seriously missing themes on my 9850, when I had my 8530 I had themes for days but on my 9850 I am stuck with the the default theme
    Check this out from RJ Walker. Works in portrait mode . It's called iNEW7 avilable at Appworld. Also just incase ya like the wallie.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Earl_3; 06-30-12 at 07:33 AM.
    06-30-12 07:27 AM
    I second this post 1000%. The public is moving away from keyboard phones and migrating to smartphones with large screens. The larger the screen, the better...

The BB9860 is the ONLY phone with a full touchscreen, and can compete head-to-head with iPoo-d (oops... iPhone) or Android phones. BUT, as mentioned by Joltcola, there is absolutely NO marketing for the 9860. I actually found out about it when I was looking around in a phone shop.

The lack of 9850/9860 community results in lack of support and contribution... Sad case for such a great phone...
    Love my keyboard but also love my touch. With the 9930 you get the best of both worlds but with some sacrifices. The reason I think the 9930 did so well is because the community was jonesing badly for a new device and os that it couldn't wait for the 9850 to launch. It killed it . Verizon doesn't even have it anymore as I'm sure others don't either. There in lies the poor marketing and the death of a perfectly good touch phone. Had they launched at the same time ? Who knows?
    06-30-12 08:07 AM
    Check this out from RJ Walker. Works in portrait mode . It's called iNEW7 avilable at Appworld. Also just incase ya like the wallie.

Click to view quoted image

does this theme also have the issue when the screen is locked and the bottom half is cut off?
    07-02-12 09:30 PM
    does this theme also have the issue when the screen is locked and the bottom half is cut off?
    No. When using native lock screen all is good except for double gps icon. I did find 1. additional issue. You can not use beweather homescreen wallpaper mode but portrait mode works well otherwise.
    07-03-12 11:48 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD