CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default YGIS - really?

I absolutely love my Torch and the new .374 Os, however the SureType has the worst pedictive dictionary around. I tried to type the word "this" and it came out as "YGIS.". Wtf? Sometimes it comes out right and other times it's not. I hope they RIM fixes this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I also have the same OS build and love SureType. I'm not sure why it does that for you, but I think it's actually very intuitive. It even seems to understand where I'm going with a sentence and if there are multiple words that are formed by the keys pressed, it seems to work out the logic and pick the right one more often than not.

I even tried typing "this" and the first two came up with "this" and the third one was "ygis" and it was in italics (this means that it's not a recognized word).
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by NinerJet9 View Post
    I absolutely love my Torch and the new .374 Os, however the SureType has the worst pedictive dictionary around. I tried to type the word "this" and it came out as "YGIS.". Wtf? Sometimes it comes out right and other times it's not. I hope they RIM fixes this.

Could be that you accidently tapped ygis at some point which would save it in custom words as a selection whenever that key combo is used, as timastyle already posted. Having come from two previous devices that used SureType I can vouch for this; to get rid of it look through Custom Dictionary and/or Word Substitution. If it's in neither you may need to hook up to Desktop Manager and selectively delete your dictionary (had to do that at one point).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I'll try deleting out the dictionary, thanks for the suggestion.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NinerJet9 View Post
    I'll try deleting out the dictionary, thanks for the suggestion.

Deleting it from the dictionary should fix that. It worked for me with a few words I was having issues with