I absolutely love my Torch and the new .374 Os, however the SureType has the worst pedictive dictionary around. I tried to type the word "this" and it came out as "YGIS.". Wtf? Sometimes it comes out right and other times it's not. I hope they RIM fixes this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 02:53 PM
    I also have the same OS build and love SureType. I'm not sure why it does that for you, but I think it's actually very intuitive. It even seems to understand where I'm going with a sentence and if there are multiple words that are formed by the keys pressed, it seems to work out the logic and pick the right one more often than not.

I even tried typing "this" and the first two came up with "this" and the third one was "ygis" and it was in italics (this means that it's not a recognized word).
    10-27-11 03:05 PM
    I absolutely love my Torch and the new .374 Os, however the SureType has the worst pedictive dictionary around. I tried to type the word "this" and it came out as "YGIS.". Wtf? Sometimes it comes out right and other times it's not. I hope they RIM fixes this.

Could be that you accidently tapped ygis at some point which would save it in custom words as a selection whenever that key combo is used, as timastyle already posted. Having come from two previous devices that used SureType I can vouch for this; to get rid of it look through Custom Dictionary and/or Word Substitution. If it's in neither you may need to hook up to Desktop Manager and selectively delete your dictionary (had to do that at one point).
    10-27-11 04:05 PM
    I'll try deleting out the dictionary, thanks for the suggestion.

10-29-11 07:26 PM
    I'll try deleting out the dictionary, thanks for the suggestion.

Deleting it from the dictionary should fix that. It worked for me with a few words I was having issues with
    10-29-11 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD