Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why bad battery?

I bought a brand new bb 9860 week ago and the battery, if I charged it during thenyt it might only do to 2pm th following day! Wat is rong

Global Posts
    36,583 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Default re: Why bad battery?

Short list of possibilities:

Defective battery, weak signal, defective antenna, OS doesn't work well with your carrier, bad install of an app/theme, app installed notorious for heavy battery drain, app or social media refreshing too often, heavy use, backlight setting, you wake up too early.......

In other words, without more details from you, there's no way to pinpoint the cause. You said you bought the phone new and a battery. Did the battery come with the new phone, or separately? Could be a low quality aftermarket battery.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I don't use it to often and the battery new frm O2, I have battery saving mode on, wifi and blue tooth off, Facebook refreshes every hour just, what is os and how do u change it thaks 4 helping me

Global Posts
    36,583 Global Posts
    PIN

Default re: Why bad battery?

the latest OS (operating system) is found at the top of each device's sub-forum. Here's the short list of how to install:

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    Takes a few days for it to settle in, and see the results (if any). Still could use more details from you, such as apps/themes installed, BBM contacts/groups........

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default Re: Why bad battery?

I've only 8bbm contacts, standard theme and wallpaper, 1app, What's app, that bout it
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Why bad battery?

Lithium-ion batteries can take a little while to reach peak efficiency. Remember to keep the os version at the highest as previous posters have mentioned.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post

Global Posts
    36,583 Global Posts
    PIN

Whatsapp is a notorious battery eater.

CrackBerry Abuser

Default Why bad battery?

Yap..whatsapp drains battery..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry User

What do you expect with 1230mah battery ? you are not the only one with the same problem.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Why bad battery?

Hopefully the 1800 mah coming to bb10 should be content if you choose to buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

It's totally normal for lithium ion batteries to drain faster if it is new. Give it a week more or so and you will see a huge difference in battery life.
    CrackBerry User

Default Why bad battery?

i had the same issue when i first got my 9860. A month later it was running great. Like someone said above you just need to run it in and it will be fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Yes! agreed.
    Do not used WhatsApp app on your BB.
    It was truly happen to me.

Finally I uninstalled WhatsApp.
    9000 >>> 8520 >>> 9700 >>> 9780 >>> 9300 >>> 9360 >>> 9810 >>> 9860 >>> 9790 & 9900
    Running Hybrids OS 7 from BL Returns v3.0.0
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by paulmaccaloon View Post
    I've only 8bbm contacts, standard theme and wallpaper, 1app, What's app, that bout it
    Try to make battery pull everyday after you fully charging your mobile for a week and you can see the different after that.
    And one more thing, uninstalled your WhatApps as well.

Good Luck!
    9000 >>> 8520 >>> 9700 >>> 9780 >>> 9300 >>> 9360 >>> 9810 >>> 9860 >>> 9790 & 9900
    Running Hybrids OS 7 from BL Returns v3.0.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a year with my device and I noticed some things ...
    *As many mentioned whatsapp consumes battery a lot, also gtalk, etc
    *When I am getting an update from App World the battery goes down too

I usually chat a lot from Monday to Friday and I need to charge it at lunch time and then when going to sleep, the funny thing is that on weekends I do not need to do this, battery goes really ok on those days.