Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ponyboy24
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Where is the Torch 9850 for Sprint?

So my wife's Curve 8530 might be done today. I was looking into getting her either the new Sprint Curve OS 7 or the Torch 9850. But when I got on Sprint's website, for the life of me I couldn't find the Torch anywhere. I wonder if this was a fluke of some kind or (and I hope I'm wrong here) Sprint is DCing the Torch. Anyone know?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

taps 4 the 9850 torch, you might try calling into sales, I bought my wife's from amazoon for like $30 less. you could also goto bb website, $50 for your old phone
    Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.1925 T-Mobile
    Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.2.0.1791/1792 (backup)
    9850 Sprint - Internet Fast as a turtle - Old news
    8350i Nextel - Slow as a turtle - Ancient history
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thank you I might just go around Sprint all together and go for it. My only concern, and this isn't really a deal breaker, is that Sprint might stop support for it if it's discontinued. Might just call Sprint to see, then actually look into buying it from 1 of your suggestions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    PIN
    K and GREEN: SKEE WEE!!!!!!!!

This is the last month they are selling them..They are on Sprint EOL list..Here is the link...

Sprint’s End-of-Life Gets an Update, BlackBerry Torch 9850 Gets Burned, Galaxy Tab 10.1 Ready to Retire » Sprintfeed
    Thanked by:
    axllebeer (02-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sprint 9850 through Walmart $80
    BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 (Sprint) | LetsTalk.com

Global Posts
    30,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

Quote Originally Posted by akaquietstorm View Post
    This is the last month they are selling them..They are on Sprint EOL list..Here is the link...

Sprint’s End-of-Life Gets an Update, BlackBerry Torch 9850 Gets Burned, Galaxy Tab 10.1 Ready to Retire » Sprintfeed
    A shame, really, the new Torch is a pretty nice phone.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by akaquietstorm View Post

Wow that really stinks. I wonder why they are EOL but they still sell the Tour! Sprint, what are you doing to us here?
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,841 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

The subsidy for the Torch was too high to justify its lackluster sales. It is essentially the same phone as the Droid Incredible (first edition) released 2+ years ago. Except the DI had a glass screen, no ugly raised plastic buttons, 2 gigs of app storage on the phone, expandable app storage to SD, Flash support, the Android Marketplace.... Kind of tough for Spint to rationalize buying at the bulk level required by RIM and pay the subsidy price to RIM when they could not sell their initial purchased stock, even with the large amounts set aside as replacements due to the higher than usual initaial return rates.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

Sounds like those of us who were chomping at the bits to get a 9850 to replace our Storms (1 or 2) and managed to get them sent to us a few days before they showed up on the general ordering lists and were so happy when we got them, are now shown to be the suckers

Must be some sort of record for shortest time from product introduction (September 2011) to product EOL (March 2012) : 6 months.

I am getting a new Prius Plug-in, and while other Blackberry models are supported for its Internet applications package (at least partially), the 9850 is nowhere to be seen. I am working on re-activating an old Droid (original model) that my son moved on from so I can get those apps. The folks on the Prius forum I participate in commented that why should Toyota bother with a platform that had only 6% of the new smartphone sales in 4Q 2011.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 02-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Dang it... Why? Why the kill? Anyone have an idea why? Why so soon? I've had this phone just a little over a week and it's done? This is upsetting.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Undenied View Post
    Dang it... Why? Why the kill? Anyone have an idea why? Why so soon? I've had this phone just a little over a week and it's done? This is upsetting.
    I went in to my local Sprint store and they only had the Bold on display; sad! Although they had all Android and iPhones all over the place. Why did they kill it?? Because it's a Blackberry and not an Android or iPhone!
    Raptor105 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I do t mind that this is EOL. I got a 7.1 software update which will hold me over until the BB10 phones are out.

That said this is a great phone, but it will be redundant when the first BB10 phone comes out, so sooner or later it was going to have to die to make room. If you have it, enjoy the fact that you have a great and unique phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti14 View Post
    I do t mind that this is EOL. I got a 7.1 software update which will hold me over until the BB10 phones are out.

That said this is a great phone, but it will be redundant when the first BB10 phone comes out, so sooner or later it was going to have to die to make room. If you have it, enjoy the fact that you have a great and unique phone.
    Well said, sir (or miss)!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy24 View Post
    I went in to my local Sprint store and they only had the Bold on display; sad! Although they had all Android and iPhones all over the place. Why did they kill it?? Because it's a Blackberry and not an Android or iPhone!
    With the deal Sprint made with Apple, it's a wonder they sell Android and BlackBerry phones at all.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Sprint Torch 9850

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    So my wife's Curve 8530 might be done today. I was looking into getting her either the new Sprint Curve OS 7 or the Torch 9850. But when I got on Sprint's website, for the life of me I couldn't find the Torch anywhere. I wonder if this was a fluke of some kind or (and I hope I'm wrong here) Sprint is DCing the Torch. Anyone know?
    Go check out Best Buy - $50 with new 2-year contract.
    Device Model: 7750; 8703e; 8830WE; 9630; 9650; 9930; Q10 + 2 PBs (16 & 64)
    Carrier: Sprint
    PIN:g! Missed by a hair

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment - Will Rogers
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy24 View Post
    Well said Ponyboy24!