Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    PIN
    33018ED0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default went from android to bold now thinking torch (uscc)

i have bb bold 9650 had android but broke im thinking about torch is there any issues with the phone is there any issues, hows battery????? is there good apps for os7 ????/ thank you
    CURRENT: BOLD 9650
    BLACKBERRY FUTURE PHONES: BLACKBERRY TORCH 9850.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,346 Global Posts

If you go with the Torch, I'd recommend Face Lock and Six Tools at a minimum. Battery life is okay, but not great. Personally, I'd go with the new Bold were I to do it over again, since I just miss the physical keyboard.
    March of the Smartphones: Handspring Visor with Digital Link > Handspring Treo 600 > Sprint PPC 6700 > Palm Centro > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > Blackberry Torch 9850 > Palm Treo 755p > Blackberry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4s (issued by work) > Palm Treo 755p > BlackBerry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry User

Dont do it...Im on my 3rd Torch with USCC. The back button issue every time. I would also warn you about the crappy keyboard. The virtual keys are way too small in landscape and useless in portrait. If you have tiny fingers, maybe this won't be an issue for you. I REALLY miss my Bolds keyboard. As far as apps go, I'm happy with what I have, but most aren't. This Torch will be my last BB unfortunately. The big reason I stuck with BB was the keyboards and BBM. USCC doesn't have the new Bold so no more physical keyboard and if everyone you know has switched to iPhones/Android as 99% of my friends have, BBM is useless. I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty sure its too late for BB. Even with the BB 10
    phones on the way, I don't think many people will go back. All the other phones are so far ahead of BB and the lack of app support just sucks...When is the last time you saw an ad that said, "try our app! Availible for Andriod iPhone AND Blackberry" Yeah...it doesn't happen...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    PIN
    33018ED0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

because im stuck between htc merge and torch
    CURRENT: BOLD 9650
    BLACKBERRY FUTURE PHONES: BLACKBERRY TORCH 9850.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts

I have owned both devices and each have their own issues like any device. I am currently using a 9850 and no major issue here to complain about. I don't think there is a device out there that doesn't have some issue.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts

I love my 9860, but as the poster above mentioned the keyboard is kind of lackluster. Aside from that its such a good little phone.

One thing though, you ask about apps, it doesn't have many.
    8700, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9860, Z10! Spider-Man case FTW!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

had the torch for 6 months now and it's ok but like what the other post said the keyboard can be a pain. That's the only complain I have. I find it a bit touch sensitive even after adjusting the sensitivity.
    Comparing it to the Iphone or even the Android's touch screen keyboard it is very different.

after 6 months I'm back to my Bold. i just miss the having an actual keyboard.