Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Verizon 7.1 580 available

I just hooked my 9850 to device manger and the latest update is now available!
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    Thanked by 2:
    eclipse33 (08-04-2012),  mfj93444 (08-03-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Confirmed in CA

Yep, Verizon 7.1.580 for 9850 is live....... Thanks for the heads up!
    CrackBerry Master

Visual Voicemail problems with this o/s. Cant use the keyboard to enter letters. Only allows you to enter numbers. When you try to call your voicemail to reset your password, phone not recognizing the numbers that you enter on the keypad and when you press them it is alot of static preventing them from going through. Anyone else with this problem? Any work arounds?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Did you pull the battery after loading the OS? I would try that first.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Just did the update through Desktop Manager. Took about an hour. No problems. Not seeing any issues at all but nor am I seeing anything new.
    CrackBerry Master

I always do battery pulls after any install. One thing for sure is that the memory leak for me seems more present then it ever was, but it does not slow down the phone as it once used to. I have installed no new apps or anything, and as a matter of fact there were some updates in app world for some of my apps. I might try to uninstall the few apps left that there was not any updates for and hopefully wait until they are until I put them back. Battery life seems better then it was in the past, but I did notice I can not use my extended battery on this O/S as I did either. Few new features are nice. I guess we can't all have perfection. If we want that we will have to wait until Jan when the BB 10's are released. Any more interesting findings from anyone?
    Thanked by:
    mundo472 (08-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Please excuse me but I'm not seeing it for my phone, Verizon 9850 w/ 7.1.0.163, I've hooked it up through desktop manager and it says no updates and the same through my phone says your blackberry is up to date. Am I missing something? does it matter if I'm on BES? If I download the 580 OS and install it manually will I still be able to use BES.

Thanks last time I updated my phone was for the 7.1 update and did it OTA.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

UPDATE to my previous posting about installing the new release. When I do a backup now, I get an error message that not all data was backed up. Details reveals the compatibility database, 0/1, is not being backed up. Research tells me that this database cannot be deleted (though I tried several times through DM) and ultimately it is no big deal - if I were to ever restore from a backup with this error, the compatibility database simply wouldn't be restored. No biggie. I did find a new Applications Resource Monitor program that alerted me that one of my third party apps was draining my battery. A new icon appeared on my home screen. Had to dig a bit to figure out what it was and read the message. Seems like a nice feature.
    CrackBerry Master

Was losing a ton of memory. Going from 180 to about 130 in about 5 hours, without doing anything. Uninstalled Say It and that seems to be the culprit. Have not lost any since removing that. I did notice the speaker phone is very crackly and also distorted somewhat and when you press something like if you are updating your roaming capabilities, it has a weird pop kind of sound to it. Have not made any calls yet, so not sure if this effects the call quality. Certainly hope it does not.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    PIN
    33098B95

Quote Originally Posted by ESN View Post
    I just hooked my 9850 to device manger and the latest update is now available!
    Desktop Manager didn't pick it up, but when I logged on to Blackberry; Device updates, the new version showed up and was asked if I wanted to install it. Took about 40 minutes. Before downloading the app backed up my data and proceeded. Sooooo smooth. Plugged in a few passwords when requested and I'm back in business. I'm not sure what is new but I'm sure that it will be explored thoroughly by all those users much more adept than I am.
    CrackBerry Addict

Installed through DM no muss no fuss so far. Just had to re-register a couple of apps with the same #'s. For the record, this device stinks as a phone no matter what O/S it's running so that's not even an issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    PIN
    3308ccd0

Thanks for the hate Pastor.

CrackBerry Master

Someone has said that the device analyzer is on this build but you have to type something in somewhere for it to appear. This may have been discussed before but I was not able to find it. Does any one know exactly what you type in and where? Someone had said in options you type in ALT and then something else, but it was very vague. Where or on what screen or whatever would one be doing this in? Clear instructions anyone or screenshots? Thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzity View Post
    Thanks for the hate Pastor.

No hate, just fact. Like talking into a pack of playing cards. Does everything else great, just not so good as a phone.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

OK finally the update showed up through DM, will update later. Can anyone confirm if the speakerphone volume has been fixed, like pre 7.1 volume, so far that has been my only annoyance with 7.1

Thanks
    j21jam6 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by DJM626 View Post
    Someone has said that the device analyzer is on this build but you have to type something in somewhere for it to appear. This may have been discussed before but I was not able to find it. Does any one know exactly what you type in and where? Someone had said in options you type in ALT and then something else, but it was very vague. Where or on what screen or whatever would one be doing this in? Clear instructions anyone or screenshots? Thanks in advance
    Go to options device and then application resource monitor.
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Master

Thanks for that. I know about that. This doesn't reset your phone for you, like in the other builds. This will shut something down, if it is using too much memory etc, but I liked this option before, because it was a reset without doing a battery pull each time. This does not monitor and run background tests like in the previous builds. That is more or less what I am looking for. Thank you for responding though
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glassbottomboat View Post
    OK finally the update showed up through DM, will update later. Can anyone confirm if the speakerphone volume has been fixed, like pre 7.1 volume, so far that has been my only annoyance with 7.1

Thanks
    That is really my only annoyance as well, but sadly and amazingly, no - it is still not addressed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

In th options screen, type BBDA for the Device analyzer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

So far I have noticed the following improvments

Longer battery life
    No freeze ups
    Speaker louder
    Resource mananger
    The phone is much more enjoyable to use with these improvements.

Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Master

Options screen exactly where? There is and options in a lot of different areas of this phone. That is why I asking someone to be specific or provide an exact screen shot of this

Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

Can any one else on Verizon confirm that this is in this build and does work. I am not talking about the new or latest feature, I am talking about the version from the last build or two, when your BB is running low on memory the phone will reboot if you choose so you don't have to do a hard battery pull? Am I the only one that can not see this feature when I type in BBDA using ALT in the options? Several reboots here and still not seeing anything. Thank you
    CrackBerry Abuser

So far, this OS have the best battery life of all OS's. It seems faster and Memory drain has decrease.
    CrackBerry Addict

Options screen exactly where? There is and options in a lot of different areas of this phone. That is why I asking someone to be specific or provide an exact screen shot of this

Thanks
    See this post in the Sprint version of this OS:
    Official Sprint 9850 7.1 OS .580 Findings & Fixes ONLY
    Thanked by:
    DJM626 (08-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Finally! Will this stay on here permanently now? Or is it something I am going to have to enable all of the time?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast