CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default unable to login to your blackberry ID account !!

Hi guys ,, I really need help before I hate my new Blackberry 9860 .

I started beautifully loved the phone the touch the speed almost everything ... I setup my emails download some apps from Blackberry App World everything was ok until I start getting this error messge (unable to login to your blackberry ID account ).
    Now unable to download Apps also can't access emails setup which's frustrating. Now I can't stand it anymore if anyone knows a solution please help me. I don't want to sell my BB :-(
    CrackBerry Addict

Woah! Dont do something crazy like sell your phone just because you have a problem! lol, problems can be solved!

First of all, I could be wrong so I would like someone else to confirm this, isnt your Blackberry login ID and email setup username/password completely different?

Maybe your using the wrong passwords or getting something confused.... Now dont rule this out because I have known people and myself personally where I was a million percent positive I knew what my password was for something but it didnt work, and I ALWAYS use the same password for EVERYTHING... But all it took to fix was a simple reset of the password.

Using App Worlds Log In page, click the forgot password link and it should walk you through the steps to reset your password.

As for the Email Setup, your user name should be your telephone number including the area code and your password should I think by default (Not 100% positive on this) be 123456.

Hope I helped, although I might totally be out to lunch! lol. Let me know if it works!
    If I helped answer your questions or provided you with information your thankful for, don't forget to clickem mah Thanks buttons!!!! Woowoowooowoowoo!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I did try to reset my password and got a new one but still couldn't access the App world on my phone only. But if I use my BB ID online there is no problem.

Its strange isn't.

You know I don't remember what I used to get in the email setup. But in this situation in getting the same user name and password popup access.

I don't know what to do.

Anyhow thanks :-)

Still looking for help

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

I see, Try uninstalling App World and re-installing it, That might work! Ill do a bit of digging around for you and see what I come up with...

EDIT: Im not using my 9860 because it was sent away for warranty work because I made a cosmetic boo boo on it, but I think on OS7 both the email setup login page and BB ID login page use the same Username and Password... So I think your right when you say your seeing the same thing for email setup.
    Last edited by DannyJK; 09-27-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    If I helped answer your questions or provided you with information your thankful for, don't forget to clickem mah Thanks buttons!!!! Woowoowooowoowoo!
    CrackBerry User

Hello - I had the exact same issue and I must admit it is extremely frustrating. I searched high and low for a quick fix but couldn't find anything.

It was recommended that the only fix was to do a security clean wipe and basically start your phone as if you just got it out of the box.

I know this isn't the most convenient fix but it worked like a charm and within 15mins my phone was right back to where it was before. Except I was able to sign in at app world so the problem was fixed.

I love this phone, so it was well worth the 15-20min fix to get her running like a champ. Just back up the phone and do a restore when it is done and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yeah I was going to recommend a fresh install of the OS, but thats kind of last resort, Im sure he would like to try other options first. But OP, if all else fails muddasick has the right idea.

Im still digging for more info for ya.... But Im having no luck.... poo.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thank you all,

Just tried deleting the app world and reinstall it again but sane thing no change.

I guess I will go with security wipe and see what gonna happen.

Thanks again

CrackBerry User

PIN
    2812DD5F

Yep can confirm that a factory reset cures this as I had same issue. Just remember if you have reset your password during the error period then this will be the one you would need to use on rebooting after reset.

I have had no problems since doing this and love the phone more than my trusted Storm
    CrackBerry Abuser

Had the same issue on new torch. Vzw couldn't help. They sent me to rim which had me wipe and reload, that worked. VZW told me that some of the first torches off the shelf had issues with email or browser wouldn't open or BlackBerry login issues. Supposed to be fixed now with newer devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,447 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by smaltamimi View Post
    Hi guys ,, I really need help before I hate my new Blackberry 9860 .

I started beautifully loved the phone the touch the speed almost everything ... I setup my emails download some apps from Blackberry App World everything was ok until I start getting this error messge (unable to login to your blackberry ID account ).
    Now unable to download Apps also can't access emails setup which's frustrating. Now I can't stand it anymore if anyone knows a solution please help me. I don't want to sell my BB :-(
    Do a search here and over in the 9900 forum as this si a VERY common problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Hi guys ,,

And many thanks ,, for your help.

Problem fixed :-)

I was preparing myself for a security wipe but before that I checked if there is a new update unfortunately no update so instead of going with the security wipe I was thinking to start reinstalling OS7 and see what happen.

Now it fixed and I can access my App world and email setup.

Thank you all again :-)

CrackBerry Master

Default BlackBerry ID Woes

RIM has unilaterally shot themselves in the foot with BlackBerry ID: it is no longer just a nicety, it is necessity for setting up emails and getting apps. Now the ID is not just a name and password, it is a Screen Name and Password AND a UserName that is a valid email address - all of which RIM unilaterally changed the definitions of in mid-stream. I have attached the BlackBerry ID - Signup screen shot below. I have pleaded with RIM to add an extra line between the Confirm Password and the Username, but they are eaten out with themselves and do not think the way I do or just don't care.

Another hurdle: the Desktop Manager clearly states that it will put those 3rd. party apps (when you switch from your old to your new device) that are compatible with your new device. DO NOT willy-nilly just load your old apps onto your OS-7 device. Sure, lots of them that don't touch the hardware may work; but, some "Pre-Apps" that touch and manipulate the GPS hardware can lock your new device up to the point that a battery pull cannot bail you out. A true factory reset (analogous to a paper clip or tooth pick jab on a reset button) is non-existent. A USB connect, plus a Windows command window, plus the right magic is needed to reset to the factory settings.

That said, Verizon has really stepped up to the plate for me. Plus, as far as the 9850 is concerned, RIM delivers awesome surfing, screen navigation, and camera experiences in a very slim package that is very reasonably priced. The new compass is cool - eventually it will support AR (Augmented Reality). I just love the return of the Fifth Button, too.

Doctor Neutron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unable to login to your blackberry ID account !!-bbid-29-sep-11.jpg  
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 09-29-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

This has happened to me, i'mn thinking of doing a security wipe, its been a week now! What do i tick when it comes to the security wipe options?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Great, a wipe to solve this issue. Stupid BlackBerry. Is there another solution to this issue?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Searched the forums. Haven't seen any solutions other than a wipe. Good thing I don't want ant more apps.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Anyone fix this without a wipe?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Finally got it resolved. I was trying to handle it on the BlackBerry and that just didn't work.

I went to BlackBerry.com on the computer and did the reset from there, clicked on the email reset link from PC and then was able to log into my BlackBerry ID on the PC.

Once that went through, I was able to sign into BlackBerry app World and BlackBerry ID on the device.

Glad I didn't need to wipe and reload!
    CrackBerry Newbie

help i cant access my blackberry id cuz it was my uncles phone and he forgot the password