CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default TUTORIAL: How To Get Kindle On Your Blackberry Torch, And Add Your Own Books!

So, I was having a hard time figuring out how to get Kindle and add my own books to the app so I can read it on the Blackberry Torch 9860. I decided to make a tutorial so that other people who are having problems with it like I did will have a guide on how to do it.

Here we go...

First, you will need to download the Kindle Blackberry App. To do this open up your Blackberry browser and navigate to...HTTP://WWW.AMAZON.COM/KINDLEBB?tag=crackberry00-20.

Click "DOWNLOAD FOR FREE." You will then be prompted to download...go ahead and download it.

Restart your device.

When your device reboots you will now have the Kindle App...to add your own books to it, do the following.

Plug your Blackberry into your computer. For this example, I am using my Windows 7 laptop.

Navigate to COMPUTER and enter your Blackberry. If needed, enable it as a USB drive from the touch screen.

When you are inside of the Blackberry drive, navigate to home>user. If you do not see a kindle folder, create on by right clicking and creating a new folder. Name it "kindle." If you do have the folder already, continue. My problem was that I never had a kindle folder, so I have to create my own.

Open up the "kindle" folder, and create a folder called "eBooks." If you already have this folder, continue.

In this folder you will place your ".MOBI" ebook files. After they are done transferring into the folder, unplug your BB from the computer, open the Kindle app, and you should now see your books.

Hopefully this helps you. I had the problem of never having a kindle folder so I had to create my own. Good luck If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions...post below.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

That url is case sensitive. At least it was from my 9850. Be sure to use all lowercase. Solid tutorial otherwise.
    CrackBerry Abuser

[QUOTE=soapey;7732900]So, I was having a hard time figuring out how to get Kindle and add my own books to the app so I can read it on the Blackberry Torch 9860. I decided to make a tutorial so that other people who are having problems with it like I did will have a guide on how to do it.

Did you not search these forums first???