Torch9860 AWS compatibility
I'm trying to figure out if my 9860 can connect to AWS networks, specifically Windmobile. It is new, unlocked, purchased from RIM. I loaded the BB7 OS released for Wind (from the official blackberry download site).
In the versions page I have listed the following 3G bands: 1, 2, 5, 6. For 1700 AWS band 4 should be listed too...
Its only a software issue, or the 9860's capable of AWS have a different hardware configuration?
Your help is greatly appreciated
- 12-18-12, 03:38 AM #4
available on the RDQ: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900; HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100
available on the RDP: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE
Looks like you needed the RDQ. I only know this because I made the same mistake the first time I bought my 9860.
Even if I would've known this difference between the two versions, wouldn't have helped me...when you order it you don't see this number...just the name and the four digit model number. And on RIM's site it says it is compatible with windmobile...well up to a certain point it is, it picks up wind away coverage, but not their base frequencies.
- 12-18-12, 10:32 AM #6
its likely they will switch it out for you if they have the other model in stock so long as the device you have is still in mint condition.
The RDP is a "world" phone designed for international travelers. It sacrifices some frequencies in order to function internationally.
- By rrrebo in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 46Last Post: 01-26-09, 12:10 AM
- By c5plus in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-07, 12:13 PM
- By diosabellissima in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-07, 04:04 AM
- By ndc168 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-07, 02:46 PM
- By ndc168 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-07, 01:49 PM