Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Torch - Help with Notepad

I've had Torch 9850 for 9 months and it's the worst phone I've ever had. Turns off Wi-Fi at will, highlights and deletes notes, addresses, etc. out of the blue, send text messages to multiple people when I'm sending to only one person, it's unbelievable the stuff it's doing. I stick with it because of my notepad. I use it for business and have over 1100 notes that I can't live without. If anyone can advise as to how I can get these notes off of the BB and onto an Iphone or even just a plain text file, I will switch phones. I am trapped by the note pad. No one has ever been able to say there is an option short of typing out every note or emailing every note individually which would take forever. ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. As I speak, I am wiping the BB and trying to start over to get out some of these bugs. Thank you.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,146 Global Posts

If you use Desktop Manager to sync your BlackBerry with Outlook, Memopad notes on the BlackBerry will copy over into Notes in Outlook. That's one easy solution.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I do have the backup in Outlook, however that isn't useful as I don't really use Outlook. Is there a way to get the notes from Outlook into a Word file or to an Iphone or anything like that? That's my dilemma.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,146 Global Posts

You can export notes from Outlook in a variety of formats included Rich Text Format and plain Text. Word can read either format.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    eapple EXPress

A little late now but I use an app called BBNotePad. It's txt based so your notes can easily be stored as a .txt file on a memory card and transferred to any other device. It will open your BB memos in txt form and you can then save them in the new format. Obviously that would take a long time but unfortunately your options may be limited.