Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is the Torch 9860 worth getting

upgrade from 9800 to torch 9860
    And whats the screen made of some one said its a speciel plastic from aluminum mixed with other chemicals just for RIM Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Genius

One word "YES". Much faster then the 9800.

The screen well read this.

How scratch resistant is the 9850 screen?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    PIN
    K

I had the 9800. I traded in my 9800 for the 9860. I do not regret it at all. I HATED the 9800. That phone was so slow it was not even funny. I also didnt like the form factor much. Get the 9860. You wont regret it. Its a 4G phone and way faster.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

I also had 9800 and bought 9860 around 2 months back. Its worth spending on 9860.
    Prithvi (Z10/10.3.0.1154)
    CrackBerry Genius

well im not familiar with the 9800, i upgraded from s2 and wow its a huge difference and the phone is awesome.

I can say that much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Couldnt be happier with my 9860. Worth it? Yes it is but that's just my opinion.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks for the comments
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    857 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrszBerry View Post
    I had the 9800. I traded in my 9800 for the 9860. I do not regret it at all. I HATED the 9800. That phone was so slow it was not even funny. I also didnt like the form factor much. Get the 9860. You wont regret it. Its a 4G phone and way faster.
    Correction: It's a faux 4G phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Love it, came from the Tour, which I really liked. No complaints.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,040 Global Posts

Well I have the 9850 but also coming from a tour it's taking me time to get use to all touch, you won't have that trouble though since you a touch screen all ready. I like mine but still getting use to no keys. I am really greatfull for the 5 buttons esp. the trackpad!
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    Yup I like you too...

I all depends on what phone you had before.

Coming from a Storm 1, the jump forward has been pretty big for me. I can only see advantages from OS 5 to OS7. I have no regrets at all.

What I like in particular is how thin this device is. Having the old strom in my pockects always felt akward. But with this torch I check my pockects several times a day just to make sure the device is still there.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,414 Global Posts

YES.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you don't need a physical keyboard - go for it. BUT from all the virtual keyboards I have used (Iphone / Android) it is the worst. I could not type on it without a million and one mistakes - taking twice as long because of all the errors.

On a positive note -Battery life was good!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I can't type worth crap on this thing. Sometimes it does what it wants..
    CrackBerry User

Absolutely worth it. Nothing but great things to say about it
    CrackBerry User

I'm loving mine !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

My back key wore out after a couple weeks. Sent it back for repair 2 weeks ago and got it back today completely untouched and exactly the same - key is lays flat and the screen print is worn off.

I've got a 9900 from a friend and its so much better in every way. I probably won't go back to the 9860, and to be honest this seems like a perfect reason to get a Nexus Galaxy Prime or whatever its called.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    330AB97D

Quote Originally Posted by buwee View Post
    Correction: It's a faux 4G phone
    FauxG lol
    buwee likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I too came from the 9800 to the 9860. It's was a great upgrade and I am very happy with the new device! Typing, especially in landscape mode is WAY faster and more accurate then on the small 9800 keyboard. This device taught me, Kevin, to love the virtual key pad! 9860 is fast and very smooth to operate, it also takes great photos and videos, and the web browsing is WOW for RIM!
    glassofpinot likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Question

I've been considering this as an upgrade as well, but I have to wonder about the hardware stability itself.

I've read a lot of issues regarding a few of their physical & virtual keys (some accounts are even on these forums). Have any of the positive reviewers had issues with this, or is it safe to say after a decent period of ownership that this phone can be robust?
    Cheers,
    - cm
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Worth every cent you spend

but make sure you invest in a screen protector as the plastic screen is crap and scratches easily..
    Last edited by bbry18; 01-03-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Bold 9790
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask

went from the 9800 to the 9860..and always had the physical keyboard so it took some time for me to get used to the virtual keyboard..after about 3 months i can type pretty fast with it BUT it is for me a poor keyboard..i also have a iphone 3g and i can type wicked fast on it sooooooo..anyways, i dont have a screen protector on mine and i always keep it as clean as possible and put it in a case after every use and i have noticed some very small scratches and the left side of the screen from the case. but i have to say i do love this phone had a chance to get a 9810 which is better than the 9800 and as fast as the 9860 and just didnt because i didnt want to stop using ny 9860 so in a nut shell..I LOVE THIS PHONE AND THE LARGE SCREEN RULES !!!! DO IT
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bbry18 View Post
    Worth every cent you spend

but make sure you invest in a screen protector as the plastic screen is crap and scratches easily..
    +1, totally agree. I have the Screengardz on mine with the BB shell case, no problems at all.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Personally I dont like the phone. And in a word i would say 'no' coz of the lack of physical keyboard. I wouldnt rely on BBs virtual keyboard, but I am a heavy texter

But i seem to notice everyone who buys it, likes it a lot! Maybe its a magical device.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    Personally I dont like the phone. And in a word i would say 'no' coz of the lack of physical keyboard. I wouldnt rely on BBs virtual keyboard, but I am a heavy texter

But i seem to notice everyone who buys it, likes it a lot! Maybe its a magical device.....
    How can you comment on that which you do not own? .......almost amusing really.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast