Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Torch 9860 battery drain with data plan!!! Please help!

I have a Torch 9860 running on OS 7.1.0.714. I activated the BB Data plan two days ago. And since then, I have seen that the battery drains like crazy. I fully charged my phone in the night, and the next morning, there was no battery power left. I am so confused. It's not that I have been using the phone any different, or have installed any new app. And even my WiFi is off.
    I am seeing a constant sending and recieving happening at the top right corner of the screen. And I am guessing that is the problem. Can anyone please tell me what I should do? I really cant keep charging my phone twice a day. Please help me.
    Gagan
    CrackBerry Abuser

One thing: Delete the native *Social Feeds* app, pronto! It's one of the worst battery drains I've ever come across...
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'd advise a little bit of investigation on your behalf...

Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > BlackBerry Device Analyser > Battery Tests > Battery draining too quickly.

Set off the battery drain test programme

After a day or two, come back to the same place and "view the battery drain trends"

This will show a discharge graph, with a details button showing your more detailed stats, including any "offending" apps etc.

Leave it running then come back again after a week or so to let things settle down.

You will also get a real-time alert in the status bar area of any app that is causing wild discharges. You can then use the info to either stop an app, or decide to live with it because you use it a lot.

After a week or so you will have pinpointed the cause and your battery should be performing up to your expectations, or if not, then at least you know why....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Torch 9860 battery drain with data plan!!! Please help!

Then post the names of the API's of apps it names and we shall guide you from there or it is self explanatory.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Question

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Well, there is no "BlackBerry Device Analyser" option under advanced system settings. Am I missing something????
    Please let me know. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

Device Analyser is normally hidden. Go option and landscape mode, show keypad and type *??5*, it will become active. Normally, your battery should last for a day. delete all unwanted apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdswalia View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Well, there is no "BlackBerry Device Analyser" option under advanced system settings. Am I missing something????
    Please let me know. Thanks.
    Prithvi (Z10/10.3.1.1016)