Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. EyeInStein's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    PIN
    30FB8617
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Storm 3?

    So how long is RIM going to punt this down the road ? While the tablet may be all the rage for a small niche of users, the rest of us would like an updated phone. It's Wednesday and they have announced 2 new phones, gone on and one about having a tablet that plays flash and android apps - and lets Balmer brag about Win7.. Really ?

    I'm up for an upgrade and would prefer not to be stuck with an OS5 phone for another 2 years - 2 generations behind current. Maybe I try the iPhone for a couple of years and check back. Flame away fanboys - I know the door won't hit me.. but it is VERY frustrating when you have a product you like and the company seems to be living in la-la land.

    This reminds me of Novalogic.
  2. Deathcommand's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,169 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,183 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.
    #2  

    Default

    Do you mean 2 new as in 9900 and 9930?

    Clam down, the new devices won't be on market for a while. I recommend waiting but if you can't then get the iPhone. no one here is stopping you.
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
  3. EyeInStein's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    PIN
    30FB8617
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    The title of the Thread is Storm 3. I could care less about the other 2 phones and their release dates. There are hints and rumors of the device (Storm 3) everywhere - but no mention of them at their own event.

    'Clam Down ?' 'Go ahead and get an iPhone, no one is stopping you ?' Seriously ? Good answer. Thanks for the discussion.

    Does anyone know if RIM is actually planning this phone's release ?
  4. ravenlore's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    You know the "Storm 3" is the Monaco/Monza, right? That it'll be branded the BB Touch? That the Storm name is going away? Did you...read this forum at all before creating a new thread?


    /cranky, need coffee
    It's always darkest just before dawn.

    running stock .1015
  5. StaticFX's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,309 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    BB touch is coming (the "Storm" name has been dropped)... please read a little before posting stuff like this. If you cant wait a few months then by all means.. go iPhone or whatever. Just because you are up for an upgrade doesnt mean you MUST do it right away... I went 2 years extra once before upgrading because I didnt like anything out there.
  6. bobaloo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I get what the OP is saying. He's waiting on some information on an upgrade to his Storm. Semantics aside, the OP wants a full touch screen BB, but there has been ZERO official information about it.

    I'm in the same boat. I still have and love my 9530, but it's getting dated. New applications or updates to old ones are too hefty for my nearly three-year-old phone.

    So, yeah, call it whatever you want, but RIM's narrow foresight sure limits the number of people anticipating new devices.

    remember, people who were lured to BB by the Storm are currently left high and dry as far as upgrades. So as someone who loves all that is good about the Storm, I can understand the OP's anxiety over a full touch BB announcement.
    Thanked by 4:
    DanD2 (05-09-2011),  Droidophobe (05-04-2011),  EyeInStein (05-04-2011),  toddydogood (05-09-2011) 
  7. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    from what I read previously, RIM was planning to introduce only the Bold touch at BBW...
  8. trojanscott's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    158 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I understand the OP here as well, as I'm in the same boat. Verizon + Blackberry = crap. I really did like my S2, but this phone sucks now. It's freezing up constantly, it's not fast, and it's WAY behind the times. I want a full screen smart phone that does what it should, and this doesn't any more. The monaco looks appealing, but geez, get it out already.
    Thanked by 2:
    Droidophobe (05-04-2011),  EyeInStein (05-04-2011) 
  9. Altimate_One's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    PIN
    31121779
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    from what I read previously, RIM was planning to introduce only the Bold touch at BBW...
    Seriously? Why? If the public isnt going to see these devices for 1-2 months then why announce them? Does this mean that the BB Touch isnt going to be out till Q4?

    Why not at least update the "timeline" while they have everyone listening.

    I can see the OP gripe. Its not necessarily that he wants to upgrade, its just that the S1 and S2 arent getting any love and havent for some time.
    If you've gotta ask, then you're not nearly obsessed enough.
    Thanked by:
    EyeInStein (05-04-2011) 
  10. EyeInStein's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    PIN
    30FB8617
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Thank you for the updates. Just last week I did some searching on the internet for the Storm 3 and found a couple of videos with somebody playing around with one. It mentioned nothing about the name changes, so I was clueless about that. Whatever it is called, it is taking a very long time getting here. Additionally, if it is real, it will be arriving about the same time or after the iPhone5 ?

    I don't know about anyone else that reads these forums, but I don't have the time or inclination to hunt down every piece of news and/or feel like waiting on a phone. That would also include the time to reboot while it crashes once or twice a day - and the sluggish recovery going from app to app. When you are working for the machine, you are in the wrong relationship. The machine works for you.

    I love my BB, but we ain't exactly married with children..
  11. Stides's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I think they definitely have to get the Monaco aka Touch out as soon as possible. Verizon has already EOL'd the Storm 2 and Bold 9650. I believe they are only selling them as long as supplies last. That means that when supplies run out VZW will only be selling the Curve 9330. That is a horrid selection for RIM. Hopefully this means that the Bold Touch and the Monaco are coming out soon. RIM needs this devices released before full touch screen fans are lured away by the iphone 5 and droid bionic/targa releases this fall.
  12. jelp2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    562 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Storm3, Monaco, Monza,BB Touch....... doesn't matter what you call it, it's no where in sight!
    Thanked by:
    EyeInStein (05-04-2011) 
  13. EnergyPlus's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,047 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,149 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I get the gist of what the OP is saying and personally, "name/schname" I could care less it is called the "BB Touch," the "Storm 3" or "BB Elephant" for that matter. I have had both Storms since release day. For the record, my 2 still works perfectly, if it didn't, I wouldn't have kept it. Yeah, I traded it in when the sticking key issue first emerged, but the replacement is a gem and I don't have any problems.

    That being said, I too am sick of hearing about the Playbook. It's almost as though RIM has forgotten what got them to where they are in the first place. For the first time, I've caught my eyes roaming at the Thunderbolt, the X and, heaven forbid, the i4. I would very much appreciate a faster device, a much faster browser, more memory and improved screen display (not to mention all the other rumored bells and whistles), but please, let us see SOMETHING!
    This is a smart phone, it is JUST a smart phone. If it were meant to be anything more than a smart phone, we would have been issued further instructions on where to go and what to do and computers would have no place in our lives.

    ::: A man of independent mind, he looks and laughs at all that :::
    Thanked by 2:
    corymcnutt (05-10-2011),  EyeInStein (05-04-2011) 
  14. bobaloo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeInStein View Post
    I don't know about anyone else that reads these forums, but I don't have the time or inclination to hunt down every piece of news and/or feel like waiting on a phone. That would also include the time to reboot while it crashes once or twice a day - and the sluggish recovery going from app to app. When you are working for the machine, you are in the wrong relationship. The machine works for you.

    I love my BB, but we ain't exactly married with children..
    I can help you with this. Leave a post here or PM me and I'd be happy to walk you through getting things up to snuff on that Stormy of yours again.
    Thanked by:
    EyeInStein (05-04-2011) 
  15. tumer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,035 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    i have been a rim fan for a very long time but i must say i am very disapointed if that this phone hasnt been announced yet like reall the storm 2 was released alm ost 2 years ago wow nothing eversince i am still on the storm1 and in november it will be 3 years . 3years from the first touch screen attempt and we still can get an announcement of the progress they have made of there full touch phones at there biggest event of the year wow, then the devcon registration is released what is that mean now there going to drag and tease us till october im sorry but this is really starting to get upsetting.
    Thanked by:
    EyeInStein (05-04-2011) 
  16. dredewten85's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    147 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I saw on a website that it was rumored to come june 29th but to t-mobile
  17. EyeInStein's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    PIN
    30FB8617
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default Misplaced Loyalties

    I gave up on BB this week - at least for the time being. Supposed to have, might have and could have aren't getting the job done now. I can't explain the feeling that 'there is nothing like a Blackberry '. I also admit an addictive attachment to my Storm2. However, the promises the BB people are offering tomorrow are already being delivered by other phones today. IMHO, opportunities to proceed as 'normal' are being missed as a result of misplaced loyalties to 'the brand' and nostalgia. At this point, the business relationship we had appears abusive.

    I do miss the sure press and the keyboard layout - but the click was on the way out anyway. I miss the light notifier (but do I really need it?). Most of all, I really miss my BerryWeather since nothing - and I mean nothing - even comes close to it in the iTunes Store. I didn't really use BB messenger - so that is the extent of my losses. Sad.

    On the bright side... I still have push - but can now read a whole email (with pics). I don't need an addon to have a usable google reader experience. I can take a decent picture - and edit them with 10 apps that I got for the price of 1 BB app. I can surf the web. I can find decent free apps. The list will go on as I use this phone, I'm sure.

    I honestly believe other phone manufacturers simply need to offer counseling services for addicted BB users - and a decent BB messenger alternative. I'm now beginning to realize that BB phones - and the software that comes with them (I've had a few of them) aren't 'all that' in today's market. By the time the snappier 'current' processors arrive in the 'new and improved' BB's - with that new awesome browser they've been promising for the last 2 years - the competition will be offering the next generation.

    Put your pride down, lift your heads up, and look around and don't let them abuse you.
    Last edited by EyeInStein; 05-07-2011 at 01:46 PM.
  18. starmburst1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeInStein View Post
    I gave up on BB this week - at least for the time being. Supposed to have, might have and could have aren't getting the job done now. I can't explain the feeling that 'there is nothing like a Blackberry '. I also admit an addictive attachment to my Storm2. However, the promises the BB people are offering tomorrow are already being delivered by other phones today. IMHO, opportunities to proceed as 'normal' are being missed as a result of misplaced loyalties to 'the brand' and nostalgia. At this point, the business relationship we had appears abusive.

    I do miss the sure press and the keyboard layout - but the click was on the way out anyway. I miss the light notifier (but do I really need it?). Most of all, I really miss my BerryWeather since nothing - and I mean nothing - even comes close to it in the iTunes Store. I didn't really use BB messenger - so that is the extent of my losses. Sad.

    On the bright side... I still have push - but can now read a whole email (with pics). I don't need an addon to have a usable google reader experience. I can take a decent picture - and edit them with 10 apps that I got for the price of 1 BB app. I can surf the web. I can find decent free apps. The list will go on as I use this phone, I'm sure.

    I honestly believe other phone manufacturers simply need to offer counseling services for addicted BB users - and a decent BB messenger alternative. I'm now beginning to realize that BB phones - and the software that comes with them (I've had a few of them) aren't 'all that' in today's market. By the time the snappier 'current' processors arrive in the 'new and improved' BB's - with that new awesome browser they've been promising for the last 2 years - the competition will be offering the next generation.

    Put your pride down, lift your heads up, and look around and don't let them abuse you.
    There is a BBM replacement....its called live profile...free...look it up...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    EyeInStein (05-08-2011) 
  19. haris163's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    181 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeInStein View Post
    I gave up on BB this week - at least for the time being. Supposed to have, might have and could have aren't getting the job done now. I can't explain the feeling that 'there is nothing like a Blackberry '. I also admit an addictive attachment to my Storm2. However, the promises the BB people are offering tomorrow are already being delivered by other phones today. IMHO, opportunities to proceed as 'normal' are being missed as a result of misplaced loyalties to 'the brand' and nostalgia. At this point, the business relationship we had appears abusive.
    I feel the same way, my deadline to RIM is the iPhone 5. If the iPhone 5 is out and not the BB Touch, I am definitely going iPhone or Android. I love my Storm 1 and I want to get an upgraded version of it, but the gap between my phone and the current non BB phones is getting wider every day. I do not expect the phone to be the best on everything, but it must have reasonable specs compared to the competition.
    Thanked by 2:
    EyeInStein (05-08-2011),  hooch_is_crazy (05-08-2011) 
  20. DanD2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    152 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    I feel the same way, my deadline to RIM is the iPhone 5. If the iPhone 5 is out and not the BB Touch, I am definitely going iPhone or Android. I love my Storm 1 and I want to get an upgraded version of it, but the gap between my phone and the current non BB phones is getting wider every day. I do not expect the phone to be the best on everything, but it must have reasonable specs compared to the competition.
    Ditto!!!!!!!
    White Z-10
    Apps-One Touch Flashlight - theScore - BerryWeather - QR Scanner - Wallpaper changer - Barcode Scanner - Giant Clock - Smart Tags
  21. 1magine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,838 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,842 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask
    #21  

    Default

    Honnestly - I don't see how anybody not locked into a BES enviroment sticks with RIM. If I wasn't required by the terms of my employment to carry a BB - I would have gone Android 2 years ago.
    Ad Lucem

    Thanked by:
    ravenlore (05-09-2011) 
  22. maevinj's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    PIN
    = sharp
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    Honnestly - I don't see how anybody not locked into a BES enviroment sticks with RIM. If I wasn't required by the terms of my employment to carry a BB - I would have gone Android 2 years ago.
    I'm the exact same. I HAVE to have a BB. I hate it more and more everyday...
  23. 1magine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,838 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,842 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maevinj View Post
    I'm the exact same. I HAVE to have a BB. I hate it more and more everyday...

    It's funny. So many on these pages and in the analysts world think the greatest threat to RIM is the growing consumerization of smart phones. I think it is much like politics, the greatest danger comes from the base. BES users dissatisfaction with RIM is extraordinarily high. The internal pressure within companies to abandon the enterprise infrastructure has been growing for some time.

    As was noted in 1999, we are in the age of information. He who has the data wins. Being able to access and manipulate data quickly away from the office has genuine advantages. Devices that can not quickly access data (read slow throughput), manipulate data or worse are unable to handle large amounts of data or routinely fail in the field have real world consequences.

    I had hoped that RIM would become the Phoenix, similar to ATI's extraordinary comeback. The latest internal leaks, show the S3 coming around November.
    Ad Lucem

  24. maevinj's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    PIN
    = sharp
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    It's funny. So many on these pages and in the analysts world think the greatest threat to RIM is the growing consumerization of smart phones. I think it is much like politics, the greatest danger comes from the base. BES users dissatisfaction with RIM is extraordinarily high. The internal pressure within companies to abandon the enterprise infrastructure has been growing for some time.

    As was noted in 1999, we are in the age of information. He who has the data wins. Being able to access and manipulate data quickly away from the office has genuine advantages. Devices that can not quickly access data (read slow throughput), manipulate data or worse are unable to handle large amounts of data or routinely fail in the field have real world consequences.

    I had hoped that RIM would become the Phoenix, similar to ATI's extraordinary comeback. The latest internal leaks, show the S3 coming around November.
    Completely agree. Sucks the S3 isn't coming until November
  25. dsquared2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,795 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maevinj View Post
    Completely agree. Sucks the S3 isn't coming until November
    oh really?
    *Storm 9530->Storm2 9550->Bold 9930 -> Black BlackBerry Z10 (80GB) on VZW
    *BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

    A gift of any size supports the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross whether it's responding to a disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting our military members and their families. Donate to The American Red Cross.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions