Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Speaker Phone Volume

Has anyone noticed a drop in volume when using the speakerphone function? It seems that when I use the speakerphone, since upgrading to 7.1, the volume is not as loud as it was prior. However when using the speaker for audio/video on anything other than the phone, the volume is fine. Has anyone else noticed this, or is there a fix available?
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

I noticed it is lower than my tour is. Can't remember if there is a difference in the 2 OS's I've had on here.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Are you aware of a "fix" for this?
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

No I don't other than another OS update maybe could work wonders?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks kbz1960. I remember I never had a issue with the volume on my Tour either, not this this is an "issue" at all. I use the speakerphone a lot in my truck and noticed after doing the update the volume wasn't as loud as it was before. I thought it was the call or the signal, but it hasn't changed based on the signal strength or if I call a landline or cell. I get nervous changing the OS; right now I'm running the Sprint OTA 7.1 and figure if it's not broke, don't fix it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

i noticed it too what a bummer!
    Thanked by:
    Ponyboy24 (01-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hopefully a future update can fix this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

I hope so also. Would like it to be louder than it is.
    Thanked by:
    Ponyboy24 (01-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Same problem here since update. Could not even hear VM this morning.
    STORM>STORM2>TORCH>Z10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

It is noticebly lower. I wonder if RIM knows. Gonna check some options later. Could be Enhanced Volume setting somewhere in there.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

No. It's just lower by design. They've added more volume bars to give you finer control, but the overall sound is lower. Thought I was starting to lose my hearing and I tested the cr-p out the settings.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Abuser

This is a bad deal. First thing I noticed after loading 7.1 was the lower speaker volume. I have moderate hearing loss and found tbat I need to use the handset because unless it's close to my ears I cannot hear the speaker well enough. Might have to go back to 7.0 if I can't find some good reasons to keep 7.1.
    CrackBerry Master

My speakerphone option is just as loud as its always been but I have other issues going on. Only thing I like about this build is my browser doesn't shut down as it did in the last build but my memory and battery issues and choppiness are horrendous
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Thachoc1 View Post
    It is noticebly lower. I wonder if RIM knows. Gonna check some options later. Could be Enhanced Volume setting somewhere in there.
    Thachoc1, I was checking the settings last night that you mentioned and I think they just apply to the media player. I placed calls and used the speakerphone before and after browsing through the audio settings and didn't notice anything different regarding the volume. Guess we just have to wait for a future update to help fix this, appreciate the input.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

Yes another update will hopefully fix it. Guess need to go to the blackberry forum and post about it there.
    CrackBerry User

Default Speaker phone is almost useless

Prior to the 7.1 upgrade the speaker phone worked just fine. Loud and clear - even sometimes too loud. Now unless I hold the blackberry to my ear I can not hear the phone at all. Background noise of any kind renders the speaker phone useless
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roadbiker View Post
    Prior to the 7.1 upgrade the speaker phone worked just fine. Loud and clear - even sometimes too loud. Now unless I hold the blackberry to my ear I can not hear the phone at all. Background noise of any kind renders the speaker phone useless
    Mine too. That tells me that a newer OS should be able to rectify.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDAAA0

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the speaker phone problem was addressed in the latest update. This is extremely frustrating to not be able to use the speaker phone function. When I bought the phone, it was the same or better than previous BB's. Now, after two updates, it remains worthless.
    claffeeba likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

On the way home I just made a call myself on speakerphone and thought it wasn't turning on, solution seems to be to hold phone upside down to your ear. Kinda defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it?
    KBZ, like the motorola forums, BB forums is not real tech support. Just moderators and people bithcing about how the phones should work. You really think the companies care when new models come out every six months? Good thing they don't build cars
    Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.1925 T-Mobile
    Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.2.0.1791/1792 (backup)
    9850 Sprint - Internet Fast as a turtle - Old news
    8350i Nextel - Slow as a turtle - Ancient history
    claffeeba likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Same thing here on my 9850. I can never hear people on the speaker phone in a noisy room. Earpiece is great though. And playing music through the speaker is loud too. Only calls over the speaker phone are a problem.

I am running 7.1. So that is where it changed? I probably failed to notice since I upgraded to 7.1 almost immediately after getting my 9850.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by pjcloninger View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like the speaker phone problem was addressed in the latest update. This is extremely frustrating to not be able to use the speaker phone function. When I bought the phone, it was the same or better than previous BB's. Now, after two updates, it remains worthless.
    Frustrating! That's the first thing I checked after I did the new update. Was kind of hoping this would have been one of the fixes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

My speaker is actually too loud, the volume is set slightly below the halfway point during calls and I can still hear it loud and clear! I wiped my phone and used apploader to load both sprints official and the latest leak of 7.1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

Think I'm gonna try the latest leak, and see if its been resolved. Has anyone checked this out?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Theresa new leak?
    Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.1925 T-Mobile
    Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.2.0.1791/1792 (backup)
    9850 Sprint - Internet Fast as a turtle - Old news
    8350i Nextel - Slow as a turtle - Ancient history
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDAAA0

Not that I'm aware of.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast