Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tayl0rd
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2852D8F3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Software like iphone 4s with siri??

Hi Guys, I was wondering do we have such a software app similar to that of the iphone 4s siri app where you tell the phone who to ring and voice to text. and also the app reads your txts out. I know we have the app drivesafe.ly but anything closer to the siri app??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Try Vlingo. Its similar, but not as fancy.
    Loving my Z10!
    Thanked by:
    Andy N.i (11-16-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

I believe there is a voice dial app built into blackberries. Vlingo also works but it isnt so great. I uninstalled mine since it has to connect to the internet (just like siri) and unlike the android voice control which is all handled on the phone itself. Vlingo also does not work when I am in my car since my phone gets routed to my speakers via bluetooth and vlingo simply is disabled.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Bb7 has voice search, which has an ok accuracy rate imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

No, there is no single app yet like SIRI on BlackBerries. There are separate apps that can do some of the individual features of SIRI. OS7 has a really nice voice search, but no voice text composing/read back or voice enabled appointments/tasks.
    Thanked by:
    farmwersteve (10-15-2011) 
    farmwersteve likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

I know this is an older post but if anyone is still on here, is there any app that is voice to text/vice versa that works with the bluetooth in my car via my radio? Like UPS925, mine gets routed through my radio speaker via blue tooth and is disabled once the radio is on. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by tayl0rd View Post
    No, there is no single app yet like SIRI on BlackBerries. There are separate apps that can do some of the individual features of SIRI. OS7 has a really nice voice search, but no voice text composing/read back or voice enabled appointments/tasks.
    Vlingo Pro has voice text composing into any text field. And the good part is that Vlingo Pro is part of the set of software RIM is giving away, so there's a chance to have try it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cbvinh View Post
    Vlingo Pro has voice text composing into any text field. And the good part is that Vlingo Pro is part of the set of software RIM is giving away, so there's a chance to have try it!

They way they are releasing this software it may be built into the OS itself in the year 2015!

2 Apps ... Hurry up already
    9000 > 9700 > 9800 > 9860...