Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FD91FF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Screen Freezes

I've had the phone for 3 or 4 months now. I have plenty of memory, no water damage and no 3rd party apps but for some reason my screen randomly freezes. It's been doing it for a few weeks, at least once or twice a day and I can't figure out what's causing it.

It either freezes while the screen is locked and it can't be unlocked or on the home screen. Never while I'm using the phone.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing it? It's very frustrating. I've never had this problem with any other BB.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,599 Global Posts

Default Screen Freezes

Sadly this happens to every 9860 no matter the os I've loaded each one has always had this freeze even when I've got enough memory and I'm only browsing

Sent From My BlackBerry 10 Device
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    PIN
    K and GREEN: SKEE WEE!!!!!!!!

I would like to know this answer as well. I am having the same problem when I answer the phone and decide I want to place the caller on speakerphone and the screen is black. I always have to hit the lock button at the top of the bb and unlock it in order to show the screen to place the caller on speakerphone.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Are you giving it enough time, the proximity sensor needs about a second to detect it is away from your face.

After that the phone screen should show up.