Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By CUBeR64
  • 1 Post By ciabo
  • 1 Post By mundo472
  • 1 Post By gvs1341
  • 1 Post By christenmartin
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Proud new owner :)

I picked up the Torch 9860 brand new for only $390 on Friday, and I have to say wow am I impressed by the quality and sheer performance increase over OS6. I'm running the latest 7.1 build and couldn't be happier at this point. I use Wind Mobile so I had to hunt down the correct iteration of this Torch 9850/60 series, and it turns out it required me finding an imported handset from Quebec's Videotron which I'm very happy they support, while for some reason Wind said they would be bringing it but never did.

All in all, even with all the gloom in the media concerning RIM, their devices continue to impress me, even if j2me is the only current software option handset-wise and even with the internals not being bleeding edge, I'm still happy

If anyone is on the fence in terms of this Torch series, please don't be, best OS7 device in the lineup in my opinion if keyboards aren't your thing or you don't mind not having a physical one. I came from a Bold 9780 and love the massive speed bump, and not having a physical keyboard actually hasn't bothered me, I quite like it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CUBeR64 View Post
    I picked up the Torch 9860 brand new for only $390 on Friday, and I have to say wow am I impressed by the quality and sheer performance increase over OS6. I'm running the latest 7.1 build and couldn't be happier at this point. I use Wind Mobile so I had to hunt down the correct iteration of this Torch 9850/60 series, and it turns out it required me finding an imported handset from Quebec's Videotron which I'm very happy they support, while for some reason Wind said they would be bringing it but never did.

All in all, even with all the gloom in the media concerning RIM, their devices continue to impress me, even if j2me is the only current software option handset-wise and even with the internals not being bleeding edge, I'm still happy

If anyone is on the fence in terms of this Torch series, please don't be, best OS7 device in the lineup in my opinion if keyboards aren't your thing or you don't mind not having a physical one. I came from a Bold 9780 and love the massive speed bump, and not having a physical keyboard actually hasn't bothered me, I quite like it.
    Congrats on your purchase, i also purchased mine just last monday and im in love with it, very well build, the phone as a phone is amazing, and i just couldn't be happier for u and me
    NightSlayer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I must be lucky, I picked it up a couple of weeks ago for $260. 9860s are under estimated here. Anyway, congrats on your new phone and welcome to the club. I came from a keyboard too, and didn't miss it at all, landscape typing is sooo effin
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,111 Global Posts

Congregations its a nice device you will love it. Get a playbook and it makes the experience that much better!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Yup; definitely an underrated device. The screen is terrific, the browser gives my son's Android a run for its money (cue theHaters) and the Liquid Graphics is sill a real kick, even seven months into ownership. A pb makes this a perfect couple...it keeps getting better. If they could fix the memory leak it would be ideal, but it's not a deal breaker with such a quick bootup time.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

It's definitely an underrated device. Rogers here I believe doesn't even carry it anymore. Lucky you got it that cheap velociraptor89 :P As for a PlayBook I got one during christmas and love it very much, build quality on both devices are rock solid. The battery capacity on the Torch isn't the greatest, but it shall do x)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

It's great RIM went with the Snapdragon, it can support opengl es 2.0.. it's too bad developers could care less due to all the ranging BlackBerry resolutions and I'm not sure how the install base situation is for BB7 handsets, much less the high end models
    CrackBerry User

got mine last friday and cant seem to put the the thing down
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28A006EA

Good that more and more people are coming over to the Torch 9860. We definitely need more users of the first full touchscreen device from RIM.
    Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
    iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    3,900 Global Posts

I'm glad and proud to say that I just got my BB9860 and loving it It might be my main driver until BB10 comes out.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

been loving my 9860 since release day and still not bored with it!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    I'm glad and proud to say that I just got my BB9860 and loving it It might be my main driver until BB10 comes out.
    My 9860 will be my phone till 3 or 4 bb10 phones come out, since I have the playbook to update to bb10 I'm not in such a hurry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    3,900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ciabo View Post
    My 9860 will be my phone till 3 or 4 bb10 phones come out, since I have the playbook to update to bb10 I'm not in such a hurry

Interesting point. Current Iphone and Android features are a luxury rather than a necessity for many people right now. Which is why I think when BB10 hits the time will be prime for a good change.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,686 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

Congrats man...I'm trying to work out a deal for one in the marketplace. I want to experience a full touch BB for the first time!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ajst222 View Post
    Congrats man...I'm trying to work out a deal for one in the marketplace. I want to experience a full touch BB for the first time!
    It is absolutely awesome!
    Thanked by:
    ajst222 (07-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2848ac96

glad to see you all here and happy. i can not agree less with you. the speed at wish the torch 9860 functions is quite amazing. got mine since January this year and I'm still loving it. and here in Nigeria the 9860 and the 9900 are leading in the demand for BB. the curve series are not left out though. moreso, the prices are getting lower, but RIM can still do better in terms of price.
    I have moved from storm 1 to storm 2 and now this. miss the surepass thing though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    CrackBerry User

Default Congrats CUBeR64!!

The 9860 is grossly under-rated.

Here in India, iP3S & 9860 retail at same price (~ $360). And there are morons who get that iCr@p.

I don't get it. Why the crowds think all versions of iP are awesome and even the latest OS 7.1 devices are called sh*t .
    ajst222 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,404 Global Posts

I don't like this post. I LOVE IT!!!

You will really appreciate this phone if you like taking pictures. No not iPhone level but definitely fantastic photos. Just make sure its in the right settings!
    8700, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9860, Z10! Spider-Man case FTW!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

totally agree with this post. I don't understand this "selling my bb and pb since bb10 is delayed". if something being delayed three months makes you sell everything you probably should have done that anyway. i am amazed with the 9860 and the pb. solid biuld, fast, stable..... just need to tell somebody. Great phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    mzceetee likes this.
    CrackBerry User

OS7 is better but dont expect to much difference between os6 and 7. Its far from perfect.
    CrackBerry User

If it wasn't for the really bad keyboard it would be a great phone...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I found mine online for free so II upgraded one of my lines mostly cause I wanted a toy to play with. My main line can still upgrade to bb10 in march so I'm all set.

Anyhow, I wasn't real serious about the phone. I had a 9810 and my wife has a 9900. I figured I'd see what was up with this one but I love it. The huge screen is just amazing. I'm not warming up to the keyboard to well but for everything else its great. That being said I wonder why they didn't just make it even bigger like the competition.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Quote Originally Posted by christenmartin View Post
    totally agree with this post. I don't understand this "selling my bb and pb since bb10 is delayed". if something being delayed three months makes you sell everything you probably should have done that anyway. i am amazed with the 9860 and the pb. solid biuld, fast, stable..... just need to tell somebody. Great phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Its not three months! For those that purchased a PB a year ago the delays have been many.

Stop thinking these upgrades have been delayed for only a few months.

Search the forums. Read some press..

We have a right to be pissed.

Tim
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Welcome to Crackberry!
    Enjoy your new Blackberry Torch 9860!