Is It Possible for Keys to Click While Typing?
I've only had a 9850 for a few weeks and am wondering if there's any way to have the keys make some type of audible clicking response while typing, which I think would help with my typing on a virtual keypad. I understand that I can turn on a tone sound for all key strokes across using the entire phone, but I'm not wanting that. Rather, I'd like for the keys to give something more than just the pop-up letter indicator when I type a note and for that setting to be independent of what sound profile the phone is currently set on. I found this older thread (9860 Virtual Keyboard 'Vibrate'?) which sort of addresses the issue, but thought I'd ask directly to help confirm whether it's possible.
Thanks ahead for any help.
^ Right, I've seen and tried that option but it's not exactly what I'm after. I was hoping for something that would allow the keys to make a tone while all of the other keys stayed silent, including the menu key, back key, etc. With the tone option you mentioned, all of the other keys also make a sound when pressed. I suspect that what I'm looking for isn't available. It's not a huge deal, just something I'd prefer and was hoping for. Thanks, though.
- CrackBerry Master
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM #5
- 1,074 Posts
Unfortunately there is not. Only sound possible is the audible beep. I too had hoped for it. The new BB10's that hit the streets soon will have a click sound when typing. Enough people must have liked that and wished for it as well, for it to be possible on the new phones coming very soon
- By Ndrwzheng in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2011, 02:27 PM
- By alskor in forum BlackBerry OS GamesReplies: 40Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
- By elaina_mndd in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
- By yellowzebra. in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
- By PianoMan99 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:59 PM