Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kb5zht
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Planning to upgrade from 9550

My Verizon upgrade eligibility comes in January and I plan to go with the 9850. (Would love to find a hook with VZ and be able to get it NOW. Any hints?)

Anyway, I thought I would share that I am an Apple guy on my 6th mac notebook (since a G3 Lombard), plus an iPad. I also flirted with a droid for a month before I reactivated my 9550. I'm staying with the RIM brand mostly because of messaging reliability. Apps just aren't a huge thing for me, but connectivity is. Besides, my Storm 2, even for its antiquity, is a fine media player and syncs perfectly with my Macbook Pro. I also keep my contacts and calendar synced with Google. RIM may have it's challenges with staying competitive, but I'm staying with Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thats just what i did... I was on the Storm 2 because im a touchscreen guy and i wanted a blackberry...

...And this 9850/60 will knock your socks off!!!

You will actually have nightmares where you dream you still have the 9550 haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Curly62 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

A bit of a learning curve going from OS5 to 7, but you're gonna like it a lot. I've had the whole Storm line. The web browser is a DREAM compared to OS5!! I actually enjoy using it now. Web browsing on my Storm2 was an exercise in frustration and not worth the hassle. This one is snappy and fun to use.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Same here...Storm 1 to 2 to the new Torch 9850. Unlike most I still enjoyed my Storm, but the newer, faster and just plain better 9850 will make you feel like you bought an upgrade and not just another phone. It's not perfect but it is a big improvement over the Storm just from a specification standpoint. Operationally, it is night and day difference.
    CrackBerry Abuser

upgraded from Storm2 to 9850/60 and love this phone. screenis fantastic.
    only problem is adapting to a different style holster.no big deal.