Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By middbrew
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS update for 9850

My cell phone carrier is Alltel. (sad, yes I know) I contacted them about seeing OS updates for the 9850 on other carriers. They said they have nothing to do with OS updates. So my question is why have I not gotten an update for my 9850? When I check for OS updates on my phone it says I am using the latest version. (7.1.0.342) When connected to BlackBerry desktop it says the same thing. All help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!! Rockin an AWESOME Z30
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,054 Global Posts

Default Re: OS update for 9850

You can download the 9850 OS you want from here BlackBerry OS Downloads If you need help installing it come back and ask.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

You will need to use other carriers os. Its been happening for years. Any install help needed? Pleaser ask me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    33013B62

@ ichat, would you happen to know what the radio file is called? So that I may use a 9860 os
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimKobra View Post
    @ ichat, would you happen to know what the radio file is called? So that I may use a 9860 os
    No need for a radio file my friend, the downloads are everywhere, use google, he's your friend.

Thanks For Reading My Post
    Thanked by:
    GrimKobra (11-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    33013B62

Quote Originally Posted by ichat View Post
    No need for a radio file my friend, the downloads are everywhere, use google, he's your friend.

ok. will do. getting tired of my current os. its been lagging for a couple weeks now
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thank you everyone for your replies.
    Southern Illinois does not start at the southern edge of Cook County! (Chicago) It is about 250 miles South of there!! I really wish Illinois politicians knew this!!! Rockin an AWESOME Z30

I feel your pain with Alltel (I'm a fellow Southern Illinoisan). If it wasn't for my unlimited data I would have left a long time ago.

Here is the latest OS for the 9850; 7.1.0.649: Download Software Here

When using an OS that's not from your own carrier you will need to delete the vender files from your computer after installing the OS on your computer.
    They can be found here:
    C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Others have like 7.1.0.580 better. You can find it here: BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Thanks middbrew! I am like you, if it was not for the unlimited data, I would have been gone a long time ago too!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

i do have 1 or 2 questions. Do I download the os to my computer or to my phone? I see you said to download to computer to delete the vender.xml. how do I then load it to my phone? Sorry for the questions, just don't want to mess up my phone trying to do this.

Yes, you have to download it to your computer first. Here is a good step by step instruction on how to do it from start to finish. Where it shows you where to delete the vender.xml you will need to also delete both of the ones I listed earlier..

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    Need help? Just ask.

Thanked by:
    ultra07 (11-15-2012) 

And ultra, don't worry about asking too many questions. If you have any trouble or any other questions please ask.
    Need help? Just ask.

ultra07 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Thanks middbrew!