Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    PIN
    Faber-Castell E-Motion Resin Ball Pen
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS 7.1 and BlackBerry Podcasts

I was running the BlackBerry Podcasts app under OS 7.0 with no issues but with the upgrade to OS 7.1, everything seems broken. The app itself seems like little more than a part of the media player with some podcasts no longer being grouped together and there is no interface at all and no way to subscribe to a podcast or even specify options, such as how many of a particular podcast to save by default. Anyone else having this issue?

As I say, this only happened with the upgrade to 7.1.
    Who's your BhagDaddy?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me. Reinstall it from App World and it works fine.
    CrackBerry Addict

^ This

If you check in App World, it will say that your Blackberry Podcast is currently uninstalled. Just reinstall it and it will work fine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    PIN
    Faber-Castell E-Motion Resin Ball Pen
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

That was it! Thanks, guys! I don't know why it uninstalled BlackBerry Podcasts when I upgraded and even more puzzling, why it left the Podcasts icon still on my 9850 but no app behind it. Very odd.
    Who's your BhagDaddy?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I lost all of my apps when I upgraded to 7.1. Trying to reinstall them now. Argh! It lost contact in the middle of my upgrade I'm sure is the reason why, but this sucks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuyDude View Post
    I lost all of my apps when I upgraded to 7.1. Trying to reinstall them now. Argh! It lost contact in the middle of my upgrade I'm sure is the reason why, but this sucks.
    Lost contact? I recall it downloaded the whole patch and then applied it only after you've selected Install Now or Install Later. It's a two hour wait for the install (did you get anxious and pull the plug on it?)... with the phone completely off the network (no cell radio, wi-fi, etc.).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cbvinh View Post
    Lost contact? I recall it downloaded the whole patch and then applied it only after you've selected Install Now or Install Later. It's a two hour wait for the install (did you get anxious and pull the plug on it?)... with the phone completely off the network (no cell radio, wi-fi, etc.).
    No, my contacts were okay, just my downloaded apps disappeared. I was wired in during the install, but some how lost the connection. It may have been bumped is all I can figure. No worries though, I went to App World and looked under "uninstalled" and they were all there...so I downloaded them all again. I have done dozens of upgrades and this was a first, but I figured it out.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Mobile 269714D5 | PlayBook 501054A1

This still does not work for me.