Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Official OS 7.1.0.714 for the Torch 9860

I put this s/w version on my 9860 before it became official and I like quite a bit. It's by no means perfect but the battery life is good, there are a couple of tweaks to the condensed keyboard AND the GPS chip performs way better on it compared to previous versions I tried. You definitely have to try it!
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Im new to crackberry and the whole os thing. My 9860 is running 7.1.0 bundle 921 from blackerry. Would .714 be an upgrade or downgrade for me? Any reccomendations would be appreciated!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

Is anyone having trouble getting WhatsApp working with this OS update? Updated last night to 7.1.0.714 and when I try to use WhatsApp I'm getting this error: "Sync Error: java.lang.nullpointerexception" and a msg telling me to contact customer support.

Everything else on my phone seems to be working perfectly after the update, even the load times are shorter then they were.
    CrackBerry User

Which version of Whatsapp you have? Because the last app update was release three days ago... maybe you need to update it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coldpatrix View Post
    Which version of Whatsapp you have? Because the last app update was release three days ago... maybe you need to update it!
    I actually updated Whatsapp today through the website as per their advice as the app version was newer then App World. Initially it didn't seem to help so I just left things as they were. Later in the day the problem seems to have corrected itself and I'm now able to use Whatsapp normally. Perhaps it was a temporary problem on their end, I'm not sure. Anyways, some observations about the update:

My 9860 has been freezing constantly for the last two or so updates, I was hoping the last update would fix it but it did not. After updating to this new version the freezing issues seem to be fixed, which I'm very happy about, just hope things stay this way. Can't really comment on the battery drain until the new OS has been running for a while. To be perfectly honest the audio bug is probably never going to be fixed at this point. Every new update makes the phone feel more responsive, so that isn't really worth mentioning. I noticed that "wifi calling" is now set in the options for preferences towards calls. I didn't notice this previously as I haven't updated the last couple of times, so this was new to me. All in all this update has been great for me, just hope the pesky freezing stays away.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12