Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JORENO View Post
    Why put this in the 9850/9860 thread if you got a 9900.
    Cuz

Quote Originally Posted by JORENO View Post
    Why put this in the 9850/9860 thread if you got a 9900.
    Because those with a 9850/9860 device are just so damn cool!
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32906EBD, 50109f6(PB)

So I finally got a 9860. I couldn't hold out with my Tour (Storm 2 before that, but I broke it), it was a p o j. This thing is great. My one complaint though is it doesn't seem to like the cold and I live in winnipeg, the capitl of cold.

Before I got my torch I've had a playbook for a while. Having an all touch phone though, I already find myself trying to use gestures to close windows or slide to the next one What do I call this sympton?
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,560 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thessalonian View Post
    So I finally got a 9860. I couldn't hold out with my Tour (Storm 2 before that, but I broke it), it was a p o j. This thing is great. My one complaint though is it doesn't seem to like the cold and I live in winnipeg, the capitl of cold.

Before I got my torch I've had a playbook for a while. Having an all touch phone though, I already find myself trying to use gestures to close windows or slide to the next one What do I call this sympton?
    Swipitis it very catchy and doesn't go away.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,923 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Default Re: The official I got my 9850/9860 thread

Just got a new 9860 today. Will take it to the track on the weekend to she what it can do.
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
    middbrew likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

After 1 year with my 9860 I can say was really awesome to me, this is the first time I keep more than 6 months the same device (always BBs), at the begining I was like stressed because I was not able to type correctly, but now I am just inlove with the touch experience, I think the button I use the most is the "back" button because the cover plastic is gone :P ... I love it more now with the OS 7.1 ... the only thing I did not like it was loosing some games I had it on my previous BBs, but I found some others that I now love ...
    CrackBerry User

I, too, have had my 9850 over a year now, and still love this phone! It does what I want, feels like a real phone and not a toy, and now is even better with the addition of my Playbook. Still wish more apps were available, but realize developers are working on BB10 now.
    Brian

No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Current: 64Gb PlayBook, BlackBerry 9850.
    CrackBerry User

Hate this phone! Got it about 7 months ago and it keeps freezing! Also it types slow and misses out on a lot of letter so I have to press really hard on the screen, which makes the typing experience a real pain in the ***! It looked so good on the reviews and nobody posted about lagging issues with it when I was reading them to see if I should buy it! Even when I reboot the phone it takes about 15 minutes to load! On the outside it looks good, but on the inside it's horrible (Hate this OS). It got me thinking several times of switching to Samsung or iPhone! Luckily for Blackberry I am a hard core fan and can't wait till the Z10 arrives here in Dominican Republic to switch immediately! Just wanted to share my frustration with you guys!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    334C9480

Quote Originally Posted by ErvinQ87 View Post
    Hate this phone! Got it about 7 months ago and it keeps freezing! Also it types slow and misses out on a lot of letter so I have to press really hard on the screen, which makes the typing experience a real pain in the ***! It looked so good on the reviews and nobody posted about lagging issues with it when I was reading them to see if I should buy it! Even when I reboot the phone it takes about 15 minutes to load! On the outside it looks good, but on the inside it's horrible (Hate this OS). It got me thinking several times of switching to Samsung or iPhone! Luckily for Blackberry I am a hard core fan and can't wait till the Z10 arrives here in Dominican Republic to switch immediately! Just wanted to share my frustration with you guys!
    What OS are you on? Your issues are not normal for this phone.
    Sent from my Atari 2600, in the back of my van, down by the river...

Storm /Storm2 .1015 /9850 7.1.0.861 /Z10 10.2.0.1725 /Z30 10.2.1.1055
    Playbook-16GBČ & 64GBČ
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
    What OS are you on? Your issues are not normal for this phone.
    Heck yes they are normal for this phone. I smacked mine against the wall and broke the screen I was so frustrated with it. It works fine one minute then it is all over the place the next. If the room is below normal room temperature you are lucky to have it register anything at all. I since bought a new screen for it and carry it around as a camera as that is the only thing I found that works good on that phone. I carry a 9900 for everything else. I wouldn't have to do that if the 9900 had auto-focus.......
    CrackBerry User

OS 7.0 my carrier (Claro Dominican Republic) has not released the update for the 7.1 update! But I'm sure this problem will continue even if I update to the "new" OS. Should have bought the Bold!
    CrackBerry User

I think I will do a hardcore rest and erase everything on the phone to see if it works properly! I've noticed it freezes a lot when I'm using whatsapp!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I think I will do a hardcore rest and erase everything on the phone to see if it works properly! I've noticed it freezes a lot when I'm using whatsapp!
    Good luck. But I can tell you with my experience that didnt do squat. I replaced the screen because I thought that maybe there was an issue with it(before I broke it) and the new one works just the same. One day it works without a flaw then the next it is all over the place. (doesnt register the letter, registers it 4 times, registers the wrong one..etc...) Please let me know if that works for you though... Im curious if it was just my phone somehow......
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,560 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastar View Post
    Heck yes they are normal for this phone. I smacked mine against the wall and broke the screen I was so frustrated with it. It works fine one minute then it is all over the place the next. If the room is below normal room temperature you are lucky to have it register anything at all. I since bought a new screen for it and carry it around as a camera as that is the only thing I found that works good on that phone. I carry a 9900 for everything else. I wouldn't have to do that if the 9900 had auto-focus.......
    Anger management maybe? LOL if it was that bad I'd be getting a replacement.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Anger management maybe? LOL if it was that bad I'd be getting a replacement.
    LOL. In my defense I was arguing with my gf over BBM and it just wouldn't register.... haha Sad thing is I just got it and could have taken it back. I also just dropped the 7 dollar no hassle replacement service.. DOH!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,560 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastar View Post
    LOL. In my defense I was arguing with my gf over BBM and it just wouldn't register.... haha Sad thing is I just got it and could have taken it back. I also just dropped the 7 dollar no hassle replacement service.. DOH!
    Too bad man. Murphy strikes again
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not normal for this phone. I'm on 7.1.0.755 . I do get lagging but it is in web sites like this one and BlackBerryRocks.com. Emails, surveys, no lagging.
    That app you mentioned whatupapp caused me problems. I assume you know how to clean your memory and your browser ?
    The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long, after the cheapness of price is forgotten.
    CrackBerry User

I update the OS to 7.1.0.825 from another carrier (as the carrier in my country has still to release the 7.1 update) and the problems I stated above stopped, lets hope its a permanent solution!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I update the OS to 7.1.0.825 from another carrier (as the carrier in my country has still to release the 7.1 update) and the problems I stated above stopped, lets hope its a permanent solution!
    Great news hope it keeps working for you.
    The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long, after the cheapness of price is forgotten.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

You can adjust the sensitivity settings for the screen. I had to do this when I first got it because it drove me NUTS! It took me about a month to get used to it coming from both Storm devices prior.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I want 2 know d difference between 9850 and 9860 pls.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,560 Global Posts

9850 works on CDMA and the 9860 works on GSM.
    Thanked by:
    widderschynnes (12-30-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

whch iz d bigest pls,I wnt 2 use 1.And ar they all call touch 3?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by taheer5050 View Post
    whch iz d bigest pls,I wnt 2 use 1.And ar they all call touch 3?

No they are called Torch 9850 or Torch 9860. Size is the same for both. The biggest is the new Z10 .
    CrackBerry Newbie

tanx.I know Z10 i can not go 4 it now.I need 1 between this two pls help.whch 1 will i go 4?9850 or 9860?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast