Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,103 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    Well, I just got a 9860, so I guess this is the place to post it. Honestly I was more impressed with the virtual keyboard that I thought I would be. I'm a long time iphone user and would certainly call myself pretty used to typing on a virtual keyboard. I've been using the lumia 800 and that was freaking easy to type on as well. Still getting the hang of the keyboard on the 9860, but somehow this feels better and more responsive as compared to the one on the 9810.

This should be my 13th different BlackBerry excluding the playbook.

Thought I would give the modern OS 7 full touch device a shot as well. So far so good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Are you able to type well in portrait mode without using the reduced keyboard?

Sent from my flip-phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,942 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post

Sent from my flip-phone.
    Yeah, actually its not too bad. that's what i use mostly. Of course i don't think its as good as an iphone, or a windows phone's keyboard, but its actually not too bad. Just have to place some trust in the predictive text input like most other virtual keyboard. I haven't used an Android with that screen width so i can't judge, but of course the bigger the width of the screen the easier to type in portrait.

My favourite virtual keyboard is still the one on the lumia 800, and at this point i can probably type the fastest on that. The width is not that wide that my thumbs have to travel too far, and its really responsive and sensitive. I figure my typing speed on that is much faster than compared to any physical keyboard BlackBerry I've used.
    southlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post

Sent from my flip-phone.
    I don't really have a problem with typing in portrait mode either.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Newbie

Default 9850

I have had my 9850 on Verizon for about a week. I really like the phone. It's everything I have been wanting in a blackberry. The keyboard is easy to use. My only want is more themes.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by icurveberry View Post
    I have had my 9850 on Verizon for about a week. I really like the phone. It's everything I have been wanting in a blackberry. The keyboard is easy to use. My only want is more themes.
    Oh the feeling is mutual...wish I had my favs of themes of my 9330 I miss...Enjoy your Torch..
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDC***

Your lucky to get one, Sprint doesn't stock them anymore.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I dont think you can get this anywhere anymore. I checked all the big carriers sites and couldnt find it. I have one on the way as a replacement for the 9800 and was trying to find the price and specs. One thing I didnt know when they offered me the 9860 is no physical keyboard.. DOH! I hope the bigger screen makes up for my sloppy touch screen typing on the 9800...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDC***

You won't have any problem typing on it, at least I don't
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ok I hope you are right...
    When I flip my 9800 sideways and use it that way I find I either hit the lock button on the top or the hot key on the side. Very annoying especially when the hot key locks my phone and I have to re enter the password. Im not saying this is a flaw it is probably just my awkward grip. Are the buttons like that on the 9860?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDC***

Yes the virtual keyboard is the best ice ever used!
    CrackBerry Abuser

No I mean the actual buttons on the top and sides of the phone. Not on the touch screen keyboard...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Smile

Ok I received it. I guess Ill answer my own question if anybody else is wondering. The lock button is actually harder to press in and is embedded in the top middle edge of the phone. This is WAY better than the original torch. Now I don't have to worry about it being pressed in my pocket. Also the mute button is on the side instead of at the top which is WAY better. Good job RIM!
    widderschynnes likes this.

Global Posts
    12,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Default Re: The official I got my 9850/9860 thread

I am looking to add one of these 9860s to my current BlackBerry collection. I am using a 9810 at present and like it.

As they are not being sold by carriers in Canada anymore I was wondering what a fair price would be for a refurb or used one. Any ideas?

I was offered a refurbished one for $280 plus 15% tax = $322. Do you guys 'n gals think it is worth it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanked by:
    bungaboy (10-22-2012) 
    bungaboy likes this.

Global Posts
    12,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by JORENO View Post
    Thanks. They won't ship to The Great White North unfortunately.

But I have some friends in USA so I will see what we can do.

Thanks again.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,353 Global Posts

Last edited by kbz1960; 10-22-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Thanked by:
    bungaboy (10-22-2012) 
    bungaboy likes this.

Global Posts
    12,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Thanks.

Naturally the Cross Border Shopping police won't let me see what your link pointed to.

After going into the Cross Border section on the site I found one from J&R for $302.99 plus $40.40 shipping to Canada. Is that the one you were referring to?

Thanks again for your help.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,353 Global Posts

Well the link isn't working for me now either. Let me fix that.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    bungaboy likes this.

The link takes you to eBay. Not sure if you can use the US eBay and have stuff shipped up there or not.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    283E6F9F

Loving my torch 9860 Monza so much but the bottom back button easily looses its click and i'm gonna press it more smoothly from now on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Crap I could have sold you mine... I went and bought a 9900 just so I could have the physical keyboard. Mine was only a month or so old as a replacement for the old torch. Problem is I fount out that when the phone is cold(not even close to freezing) or my fingers are cold the touch screen didn't work very well at all. Frustrating to say the least. Inside and warm it works great. I'm usually outside so its not good for me. I don't have it anymore though because it "broke" the last time it acted up on me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by izaakku View Post
    Loving my torch 9860 Monza so much but the bottom back button easily looses its click and i'm gonna press it more smoothly from now on.
    I noticed the track pad button lost its click once in awhile too...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Got it a few days ago...switched over from an iPhone 4s. I actually like it alot Had a Blackberry when I was studying abroad in Asia because they were openly available and everyone had them...it was a bold...I <3 the Torch. Cheaper plan per month. Only problem I have is the the storage is small without buying an SD card etc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well after using my 9900 for a little while I have to say I was very impressed...... until the last few days. Here is why.... No auto-focus..... Seriously? I fix a lot of appliances and I used to take pictures of stickers with serial numbers and model numbers. No way can I do it with the 9900 phone... Blurry every time and yes I tried the various settings.... Why is it that every time I think one of these phones is perfect there is always 1 major flaw.... Other than that the phone is great. I was so happy until I found out no auto focus. The physical keyboard combined with the touch screen works perfect. Anyway.... I hope the BB10 phones come with auto focus and a combination of physical keyboard and touch screen
    CrackBerry Abuser

Why put this in the 9850/9860 thread if you got a 9900.
    Last edited by JORENO; 11-13-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    widderschynnes likes this.