- CrackBerry Abuser
- 121 Posts
New year's eve video file showing 2013 creation date - Anybody else?
A video file recorded on new year's eve three hours before midnight eastern time showed it being recorded at 2 a.m. new years day in the video's description under its title. That's five hours ahead. However, when options then properties was chosen, it showed the actual correct time that it was created. I also recorded a voice note and it did the same thing so it's definitely a timestamp in the phone. My phone is displaying the correct time and the phone's time settings are correct, Eastern (-5). What could have caused this? Is my phone possibly a time machine? Anybody else experience this on new year's eve? Somebody record something before midnight and post what your time display says, not the properties, but the listing display. Please provide your time zone too. Thanks!It's not just good, it's BlackBerry good!
- CrackBerry User
12-31-2012, 09:15 PM #2
- 94 Posts
Hmmmm, my guess is that the system recorded the UTC/GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) time? GMT = EST + 5hrs. That's why your Time Zone is listed as Eastern (-5), because Eastern Time is 5 hours behind GMT. At 31 Dec 2012, 9PM EST it was 01 Jan 2013 02:00 GMT. Not sure why it would do that.
- By el_brio in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
- By el_brio in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
- By PhotoBerry in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 21Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
- By PhotoBerry in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 21Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
- By GotThaTech3188 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2009, 09:44 PM