Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Quck Pull Problems

Hey Folks, I have been using Quick pull for as long as i can remember without any issues. I would have it reset daily at 4am. However ever since i have upgraded it last week to the new version Im having all kinds of problems with it. Can never ever get it to reset on the daily schedule. I have been doing the manual good old battery pull. Any help or suggestions out there would be great. Every time i do this battery pull i keep saying to my self BB10 could not come soon enough.

Cheers
    Thanked by:
    Thachoc1 (01-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 007Storm View Post
    Hey Folks, I have been using Quick pull for as long as i can remember without any issues. I would have it reset daily at 4am. However ever since i have upgraded it last week to the new version Im having all kinds of problems with it. Can never ever get it to reset on the daily schedule. I have been doing the manual good old battery pull. Any help or suggestions out there would be great. Every time i do this battery pull i keep saying to my self BB10 could not come soon enough.

Cheers
    Did you uninstall the old version before upgrading? That's what the developer note says to do before upgrading.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28A6BB27

go back to the previsious version.I've done the upgrade twice.and it has several bugs.
    1. you can't schedule dialy reset
    2. you can't set memory monitoring option.
    3. it keeps you asking to accept permisions
    4. he's downloading quickpull rebooter / quickpull llib every time when reset
    it was quite annoing so i've downgraded from the version from their site.
    8900, 9700, 9790, 9860, 9900, Z10, 9720, Q10 & playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry User

Default New Quck Pull Problems

I'd like to know why need a battery pull? Is your device full touch? If it isn't, you can do the 3 button combination just like Window's alt+ctrl+del to soft boot the device. It's less damaging than pulling the battery physically.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

The 9860 and 9850 are full touch devices.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It appears that this update was a major one and it didn't carry your personal settings with it. When I upgraded my family's phones I had to reset the automatic morning reboot time, including checking the box to activate this feature in the Options menu. All of the last upgrades did not require this. Once set again I have had no problems.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,487 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

I thought it was just me, and the fact that I recently enabled encryption on my device. I'll give re-installing a try. Otherwise, I'm going back to the old version as well. Thanks for the thread, btw.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,487 Global Posts
    PIN

Same issues after three re-installs. Gonna turn encryption off and see what happens.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Hi folks got very very busy. And now good lord my media card is apparently damaged after doing my morning (battery) pull. Lol

Lost all my pics. Bb10 you need to be out like yesterday !!!!! Yes I tried reinstalling it again and same problem I just can't get it working. And btw yes I did uninstall the previous one first. Strange maybe quick pull don't like us 9860 folks.

Did I mention I have lost all my pictures in my library due to a "defect" in my media card!! *%^< !!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

I don't use Schedule and do Reset Now, on demand. The only thing I confirm, then, is that Reset Now works as expected and I get back more free memory.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Folks check which version quick pull you are using. I'm almost positive a new version got released today. Version 5.4.8.

Reason I say that is cause I don't remember the older version # I downloaded last week. Regardless download it fellow torch members that are having issues. All works well for me again.

Now have to fix this internal media card issue. Was hoping it would fix on its own. But looks like it doesn't feel like it as of yet.

Cheers
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,487 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by cbvinh View Post
    I don't use Schedule and do Reset Now, on demand. The only thing I confirm, then, is that Reset Now works as expected and I get back more free memory.
    Funny I was just thinking about doing that before I read your post.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,487 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by 007Storm View Post
    Folks check which version quick pull you are using. I'm almost positive a new version got released today. Version 5.4.8.

Reason I say that is cause I don't remember the older version # I downloaded last week. Regardless download it fellow torch members that are having issues. All works well for me again.

Now have to fix this internal media card issue. Was hoping it would fix on its own. But looks like it doesn't feel like it as of yet.

Cheers
    Well lets see, yesterday when i went to re-install I did it from appworld. The version was 5.4.7 I think. Still didn't work so I went to the dev site, and downloaded what I thought was the the same version. Turns out it was 5.1. something (from the OS6+ link), soooo with all that said, ya umm no, still doesn't work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Indeed this morning I got the splat on App World letting me know of version 5.4.8. Do a refresh on your Upgrade list if it's not there. This upgrade did not screw up my nightly auto-reset and works great on my 9850. Version 5.4.7 worked just fine too, BUT required me to go to the "Schedule" menu and make sure the "Enable reset schedule" was checked (version 5.4.7 unchecked mine for some reason) and then I had to reset the reboot time which defaulted to the current time. I had no troubles with both of our 9850's or a Curve 9370 once I did this.
    Thanked by:
    Thachoc1 (01-17-2013)