Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default need help wiping my 9860

Okay, I'm a rookie.

I've searched and read other threads on wiping my device and they all use a lot of acroynyms that I have no clue what they are.

My 9860 has started to develop some issues in the last month or so-

hourglassing
    latency typing
    slow opening web pages
    latency when going from portrait to landscape

I'd like to wipe the device clean and start again. I've made a backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software including emails and contents of my media card. Is my next move to do a Security Wipe from the device? Or do I use Delete Data from the Device menu of the Desktop Software?

Thanks for helping.
    CrackBerry Genius

Your on the right track. Just do a security wipe from your device like you mentioned. That will set the phone back to like new.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the help!

I just finished my security wipe and other than having to re-enter passwords, everything is working smoothly.

Hopefully I won't have to pull the battery every day now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Also if you have uploaded any App, be sure to load them one a day. there may have been an app that was causing you all the issues.
    CrackBerry User

Unfortunately, you'll start "needing" battery pulls within a fortnight.

Use a reboot app with auto-scheduling option. I use Reboot Device for twice a week hard resets. Quickpull is also OK. Both are free apps...