Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default memory leak

memory leaking in this device is becoming a pain in the ***, i cant do anything on the phone after its been like 10 hours from the last reset, and i dont like doing a battery pull every 10 hours, is driving me crazy, any suggestions?

Global Posts
    35,392 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

My first inclination would be BBM7, but you have tools at your disposal to analyze the situation. Device Analyzer and viewing memory usage via Application List.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

another method?
    CrackBerry Master

Wait for another month until Z10 is released and sell your 9850 to defray some of the cost if you are locked in a contract. That is exactly what I plan on doing as I have the same phone with the same issues
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts

Default memory leak

Quote Originally Posted by ciabo View Post
    memory leaking in this device is becoming a pain in the ***, i cant do anything on the phone after its been like 10 hours from the last reset, and i dont like doing a battery pull every 10 hours, is driving me crazy, any suggestions?
    I have the same RAM issue on my 9930. Memory will leak after most of a day.. And if I don't keep track of storage, my phone will freeze due to low memory.. It is frustrating since you can't rely on your phone most of the time because we don't know if it will be functional at the moment... I have tried so many things to try and make it work. I have "MemoryUP Pro" which allocates memory on your phone. It only helps a bit. Restarting the phone is just a must do thing now..

I just realize this old OS is overdue for an upgrade. BB10 is the way to go!

Global Posts
    35,392 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by ciabo View Post
    another method?
    Leave me to keep guessing. I can't help you, without your help.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Default memory leak

What OS you running and what apps are running in the background?

I deleted BBM and my mem loss per day went from 20 down to 10. Keep in mind it wasn't BBM 7.

I also have the phone reboot itself every morning at 3am.

I suspect that BeWeather leaks some and thus the current loss of 10 per day. This is something I can live with.

Also using a good mem manager helps.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.3253
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    I want to buy a new BlackBerry but no one has one for me to look at! Let alone buy! Sad....
    CrackBerry Master

I deleted BBM as well, as I never use it, and it did make a difference too. A few other things I have tried that worked for me, but only in my situation. I never use face book or twitter, but I found that if I updated them anyhow, when updates were available, for some strange reason, that helped too. It might be purely coincidental, but I have tried it on various O/S over the past year or more. Also apps that never seem to get updates such as BB Maps, which is another app I never use. When I delete that, it also seems to quiet things down for a bit. All going to come to and end for me though once Z10 is released. Phone has not been a bad phone, as I noticed each time I upgraded the O/S it did get significantly better, but now days I am searching for something a little more then "Significantly" better. I simply don't want to have to delete things to plug leaks in an O/S. I want something where you don't have to bother with this type of thing and that it will just work flawlessly as it should have been intended on from the get go
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default memory leak

My running apps in the background other than the standard 5 apps that always running are:
    bebuzz v6, beweather v2.7.12, beejive IM v2.6.2

and installed 3rd apps 19.

My os is hybrid BL return v2 with 7.1.0.749 base. I use bbm, email, sms a lot in a day and my memory can hold up for around a week until i have to restart it again.

My average discharge rate is around 2-3% per hour. I don't think bbm7 causing a memory leak, and i even use bbm voice quite a lot and it's still doesn't causing memory leak in my device.

I suggest for all of you who experience memory leak, try to use the blackberry device analyzer to find the culprit. Install ur apps one by one while u examine each app after it's installed whether the app is causing a leak or not.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts

My 9930's application storage recently depleted down to 0kb.. And my device was still functional, but certain things didn't work due to not having any available storage.. The "Application Resource Monitor" actually kicked in and asked me to delete certain apps to free up space.. This OS is just outdated and wasn't built for the future. I realize that now and like I said before BB10!