Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Low Memory right out of the box

I have a Torch 9850 that was just replaced by Verizon with a refurb. I depend on device analyzer so I install that first before even restoring my information. I have it saved on my SD card so I always have it. And then Quickpull so I can see the amount of free memory I have.

I immediately do a test for device response just to gauge what the memory's starting point is, and its at 20% which is very low. I was expecting to see at least 30% because less than that is usually a problem. I did a Quickpull and when the device restarted it showed 123 MB which is also very low. My original Torch 9850 would be at about 175MB after a quickpull with about 10 apps installed, lots of saved emails and texts, and a dirty cache.

I thought maybe the OS was bad. Did a security wipe and reinstalled the OS (the most current to date). Nothing changed. I'm thinking I've got a bad device but looking for you genius crackberrier's advice as to what else I can try. Meanwhile I'm going to try to downgrade to the OS just before this recent update (which is what fried my last phone to begin with).

Thanks!!
    Tour / Storm2 / Torch 9850 / * Z10 * / Z30 !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

I actually tried one last thing. I took out the battery and plugged my phone into the DM. Took it through the process to check for updates and installed the latest one. Waited until the JVM part to pop my battery back in. Once all was done, I redid my usual steps. Memory was at a chunky 38% and over 195MB after a quickpull.

I restored my phone, installed all my "can't live without" apps first. Memory went to 37% (still excellent) and 188MB after quickpull. Added the rest of my apps, memory went to 33% (still good) and 174MB after quickpull. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I hope this posts will help someone else
    Tour / Storm2 / Torch 9850 / * Z10 * / Z30 !!
    Thanked by:
    mzceetee (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by frannip View Post
    I actually tried one last thing. I took out the battery and plugged my phone into the DM. Took it through the process to check for updates and installed the latest one. Waited until the JVM part to pop my battery back in. Once all was done, I redid my usual steps. Memory was at a chunky 38% and over 195MB after a quickpull.

I restored my phone, installed all my "can't live without" apps first. Memory went to 37% (still excellent) and 188MB after quickpull. Added the rest of my apps, memory went to 33% (still good) and 174MB after quickpull. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I hope this posts will help someone else
    Yes it sure did help me..Ive always had issues with low memory reasons I didn't even know why on my Torch...this actual work thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

Wow, that seems like a lot of memory! I'll have to try this....