Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Losing Data on my 9580, plus merging multiple .BBB files.

My 9850 running OS 7.1.0.580 is currently experiencing a memory leak issue with the OS so every 12 hours or so I have to reboot the phone to free up ram. Besides that being an issue, when ram runs to 0 then I reboot, I find the phone is removing old emails and text messages at an alarming rate. I am on my third 9850 (both previous ones had unrepairable button issues) and neither of them did this if the ram went to 0. Is there a setting I'm missing?? Also, is there a way to merge multiple .bbb files into one so that I can restore my lost data back onto my phone? I tried desktop manager and multiple free programs online and none worked. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Devices: BB Z10 (Verizon) - BB Playbook 64 GB
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Losing Data on my 9580, plus merging multiple .BBB files.

Upgrade or downgrade your OS now! Do a full wipe (remember to backup files) and then restore os. It can be an older os or newer one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ichat View Post
    Upgrade or downgrade your OS now! Do a full wipe (remember to backup files) and then restore os. It can be an older os or newer one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    This memory leak issue has been on every 9850 I've had (on my third one) and has been pretty much the same with every version of the OS I've upgraded to. I'm currently running the latest official Verizon approved OS, 7.1.0.580. I thought I remember seeing a setting in the older versions of OS 7 where it was set to never delete any old data on the phone but I can't seem to find it now.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

I have learned from experience that memory leaks are due to certain apps using up a lot of storage! "BeWeather" was one of the apps that did that. Bellshare, the developer that makes that app, makes apps that are cool, but end up draining memory because they don't recycle memory.. I have over 50 apps installed on my 9930 and I never have to restart. I have found the right formula of apps.

But today Verizon has come out with an official update 7.1.0.755. No real cosmetic changes, but internally the OS has been improved!
    Thanked by:
    Sibir_Lupus (11-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Maxey05 View Post
    I have learned from experience that memory leaks are due to certain apps using up a lot of storage! "BeWeather" was one of the apps that did that. Bellshare, the developer that makes that app, makes apps that are cool, but end up draining memory because they don't recycle memory.. I have over 50 apps installed on my 9930 and I never have to restart. I have found the right formula of apps.

But today Verizon has come out with an official update 7.1.0.755. No real cosmetic changes, but internally the OS has been improved!
    I do have BeWeather installed on my 9850 but it isn't running due to not being able to retrieve the activation code from an old email account. I'll uninstall it and see if that helps. Though when I go into application management I notice its the web browser and a few other core programs like messages that continuously swell up in memory size after being used. And yes, I saw the OS update show up on my 9850 earlier today so I'll install that tomorrow to see if that helps as well. Thanks for your help so far!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Default Losing Data on my 9580, plus merging multiple .BBB files.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibir_Lupus View Post
    I do have BeWeather installed on my 9850 but it isn't running due to not being able to retrieve the activation code from an old email account. I'll uninstall it and see if that helps. Though when I go into application management I notice its the web browser and a few other core programs like messages that continuously swell up in memory size after being used. And yes, I saw the OS update show up on my 9850 earlier today so I'll install that tomorrow to see if that helps as well. Thanks for your help so far!
    Just try uninstalling certain apps you think might drain your memory. I think some apps may not show they are using a lot of memory, but they could be native and be getting data from the browser and that's why it shows so much storage being used. I have weather bug installed as a weather app now and I have no longer have huge memory leaks. Bellshare apps seem to use a lot of memory and don't recycle it... It was stated in their last update that this update would fix memory leak, but didn't.

This OS update 7.1.0.755 is more of internal update so maybe it will fix the issues you are having.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Maxey05 View Post
    Just try uninstalling certain apps you think might drain your memory. I think some apps may not show they are using a lot of memory, but they could be native and be getting data from the browser and that's why it shows so much storage being used. I have weather bug installed as a weather app now and I have no longer have huge memory leaks. Bellshare apps seem to use a lot of memory and don't recycle it... It was stated in their last update that this update would fix memory leak, but didn't.

This OS update 7.1.0.755 is more of internal update so maybe it will fix the issues you are having.
    Strangely enough its core apps that are swelling in memory like the home screen and messages. The biggest one swelling up after just a little use is the browser. I started noticing my memory disappearing shortly after installing the first version of OS 7.1. It never happened when I had 7.0 on my 9850.