Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crucial_Xtreme
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest OS: 9850 7.0.0.1346/7.0.0.261(Sprint)

Software For BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1346 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1346
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.0.0.261
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.464
    File name: 9850AMEA_PBr7.0.0_rel1346_PL5.0.0.464_A7.0.0.261_S print_L.P.exe
    File size: 197.61MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download HERE

Instructions for installing on the 9850:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default sprint bb9850 on t-mobile network

hello, i just bought the blackberry 9850 from sprint but i am on t-mobile network, i have unlocked the phone and its working but i cannot browse the internet or chat with my bb messenger and i also noticed that the edge on my phone is small letters and not all caps like on other blackberry phones, anyone please help me with any setting or what to do to make my internet work, thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Update to a newer software version.... I received mine from Verizon yesterday and I can't believe they're sending out phones that only work 50%... updated the software using Sprints... and it's 100% working
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    PIN
    K and GREEN: SKEE WEE!!!!!!!!

Yes, my phone has been trying to download this all morning. Does anyone know the difference with this one vs the last OS?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,133 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

This is a particularly old OS. I believe us cellular has an official .424.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Mine bricked early yesterday morning. I reloaded it with .464 and it's worked perfectly since.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

7.0.0.261 is the software version that came on my Sprint phone when i got it in October. Many of the other providers have new updated OS versions.