Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbobruns View Post
    Google Maps is corrupted after the install. Seems its no longer available to re-install. Is this a conscious effort to ween us away from Google products? Coincidently, a new version of Bing Maps appeared shortly after I was forced to use Maps on a recent trip. Bing Maps defaults to portrait mode and didn't seem to have a landscape option. All in all, I'm pretty pissed at the whole issue.
    What do you mean it's no longer available to re-install? I just navigated to Google site with my BB and installed it. It seems to work fine.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Does anyone know if this fixes the speaker phone so I can actually use it again? If not why is it so hard to add a little volume boost to the speaker phone like it use to have, I mean when it's on full volume I still have to put it just about to my ear to hear it. This is so frustrating
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glassbottomboat View Post
    Does anyone know if this fixes the speaker phone so I can actually use it again? If not why is it so hard to add a little volume boost to the speaker phone like it use to have, I mean when it's on full volume I still have to put it just about to my ear to hear it. This is so frustrating
    It does not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by dc08879 View Post
    same as telenav. it seems like you have to use VZ Navigator that take you to the wrong place or BlackBerry Traffic that is outdated on their searches for instinct salad works is showing Princeton, NJ is the closest but they out of business and the closest is Hamilton, NJ. sucks that we cant have voice navigation for free or a low rate and accurate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Verizon
    Spoke with telenav they have pulled all support for Verizon BlackBerrys so it is not an issue with the OS its an issue on telenavs side they no longer offer their service on the BlackBerry Torch on Verizon, that is what their support team says at least...On a side note I am having problems with this OS at least I think it is the OS, since I updated to this OS my phone will randomly get into fits where it will continually reboot until I plug it into a charger, I figured it was a software issue so I reloaded the OS both with a back up and with a cleam install same thing so I had VZW replace it so I now have a new Torch with a clean install of the new OS same issue any ideas?
    Torch 9850 FTW
    GO BEARS!!!! DIVISON CHAMPS!!

I have worked for T-Mobile for about 2 years now so ask me anything
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/ask...-2-0-a-447176/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

i installed the .755 about a week now and everything works fine accept that my bb tends to stick a lot but not for long, and when i make a call i get a loud buzzing sound resulting in me and the individual not hearing each other. Also the sound may last for 20secs-1min
    may i have some assistance on this problem plzzzz... im thinking it may be a hardware prob.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel View Post
    What do you mean it's no longer available to re-install? I just navigated to Google site with my BB and installed it. It seems to work fine.
    Well..... Google redirects to their Android Apps and states that I do not have an android device and will not download the app. If there is something I'm doing wrong here, I'd appreciate some tutoring.
    CrackBerry Addict

Well..... Google redirects to their Android Apps and states that I do not have an android device and will not download the app. If there is something I'm doing wrong here, I'd appreciate some tutoring.
    Weird. I get the same thing...only my Google Maps still works on my 9850...
    Yes, we do have CrackBerries in Montana. Go Griz!!
    8130-->8530-->9850-->9930+64 gb PlayBook -->
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Maxey05 View Post
    This is the change log I found for this software version:

+ Push to Talk updates automatically.
    + “Network Extender” icon shows on Home Screen when connected to a Verizon network Extender.
    + NFC Secure Key support allows you to effectively lock and wipe the Secure Element on Near Field Communication (NFC) devices.
    + Improved battery life with Battery Saving Mode.
    + Wirelessly share media with Wireless Media Server.

I appreciate the list, thank you for posting.
    It brings up 2 questions.
    1- what is a Verizon Network Extender
    And
    2- the reference to NFC secure key support.
    Does the 9850 support NFC? I can't find any other reference. Anywhere in my Verizon or BB support documents

+ BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available.
    + Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) application.
    + Increased device stability while making and receiving Push to Talk calls.
    + Improvements to VZ Navigator® app while roaming.
    + Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information.
    + Improvements for VOIP applications.
    + Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi.
    + Improved in quality of audio calls.
    + Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 1.0.1.50 that has improved connectivity and reliability.
    + Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss of audio.
    + If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), improvements have been made to ensure proper delivery of emails.
    CrackBerry User

Over on the General Discussion Thread, graza posted this link for GMaps.

http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad

Evidently, Google has made a fix.
    CrackBerry User

I've had this installed for about a week. Battery life is much better but the browser can be a pain. It crashes a little more frequently but the most annoying part is that it will randomly close tabs without warning. Some apps are a little buggy/don't work.
    CrackBerry User

Almost forgot, texting issues. Ever since i upgraded to .755, my text messages have been acting weird. Sometimes when I text 1 person the phone will send the text to multiple people. I can see when it happens because instead of the conversation with the 1 person, it shows as a conversation with multiple people.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #62  

Quote Originally Posted by pmpott View Post
    I've had this installed for about a week. Battery life is much better but the browser can be a pain. It crashes a little more frequently but the most annoying part is that it will randomly close tabs without warning. Some apps are a little buggy/don't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpott View Post
    Almost forgot, texting issues. Ever since i upgraded to .755, my text messages have been acting weird. Sometimes when I text 1 person the phone will send the text to multiple people. I can see when it happens because instead of the conversation with the 1 person, it shows as a conversation with multiple people.
    How did you upgrade? There are a lot of people who have had issues when installing a new OS via OTA.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Over on the General Discussion Thread, graza posted this link for GMaps. http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad Evidently, Google has made a fix.
    The above URL got mangled a bit. I pointed my browser to http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad , replaced 4.5.3 by 4.5.3, rebooted, launched Maps, accepted terms, and it is working again.
    middbrew likes this.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #64  

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
    The above URL got mangled a bit. I pointed my browser to http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad , replaced 4.5.3 by 4.5.3, rebooted, launched Maps, accepted terms, and it is working again.
    Very cool. Thanks for letting us know how to do this.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry User

I bet this update didnt even correct the speaker phone issues. Also, if anyone know...how do you reinstall the "original" back up assistant.

Not back up plus.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    I bet this update didnt even correct the speaker phone issues. Also, if anyone know...how do you reinstall the "original" back up assistant.

Not back up plus.
    What speaker phone issue?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    What speaker phone issue?
    It's the issue with later versions of the 9850/9860 OS and the volume of the phone speakerphone. It seems a few early versions, your speaker phone volume was loud, which was great for noisy environments or if your have hearing issues. You would normally have to turn the volume down as for some it was very loud.
    Later and it seems current versions the volume of the speaker phone is fairly low, even when at 100%, to the point you have a hard time hearing even when it's up to your ear.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaFoxGrey View Post
    It's the issue with later versions of the 9850/9860 OS and the volume of the phone speakerphone. It seems a few early versions, your speaker phone volume was loud, which was great for noisy environments or if your have hearing issues. You would normally have to turn the volume down as for some it was very loud.
    Later and it seems current versions the volume of the speaker phone is fairly low, even when at 100%, to the point you have a hard time hearing even when it's up to your ear.
    Guess I'm lucky and never had that.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123