Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Tried wireless update last night, woke up this morning and all I had was a white screen with teeny tiny letters in the center saying app error 602. I have it hooked up to my computer but the desktop manager can't get connected to my phone. I have pulled the battery a few times. I guess I should bring it into Verizon at this point?
    Please come visit my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/darkmuse
    Please like me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/OceanMuseDesigns
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Sure not another case of OE?
    I would not dare think so arrogantly to exclude Operator Error (I assume that is your acronym).
    I used BlackBerry Desktop Software and let it tell me what to do.
    There was no question asking me if I wanted to change my "Default Services - Default placement for new items".
    My calendar was working exactly as I wished prior to the BlackBerry Desktop Software update to 755 supplied by Verizon themselves.
    I have previously needed to dig into the settings to change this default from my vzw.blackberry.net to my att.net account, so I believe I'd recognize a question even vaguely addressing this detail.

I'd appreciate any insights you might offer as to what additional steps I must add to an already long list of details I need to check/correct/fix at every OS update.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel07760 View Post
    Tried wireless update last night, woke up this morning and all I had was a white screen with teeny tiny letters in the center saying app error 602. I have it hooked up to my computer but the desktop manager can't get connected to my phone. I have pulled the battery a few times. I guess I should bring it into Verizon at this point?
    I had the same App Error 602 Msg about 30 minutes into the OTA. I called BB Support and it was a quick fix. Remove the battery and connect to the Desktop Manager, select repair. After that select to install the new OS and re-install the battery. Should take about 30 mins. You will lose all data, hopefully you backed it up or you have contacts saved on Backup Assistant.
    CrackBerry User

Is anyone else having trouble with BeBuzz after this update? I have version 5.0.94

It still technically works except for custom individual BBM contacts.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thank you. Just got home from work, I am trying this out right now. Looking for the repair button, I don't seem to see it on my Desktop Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by EL_KOBE_24 View Post
    I had the same App Error 602 Msg about 30 minutes into the OTA. I called BB Support and it was a quick fix. Remove the battery and connect to the Desktop Manager, select repair. After that select to install the new OS and re-install the battery. Should take about 30 mins. You will lose all data, hopefully you backed it up or you have contacts saved on Backup Assistant.
    Please come visit my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/darkmuse
    Please like me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/OceanMuseDesigns
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333bc686

This OS is pretty solid, overall battery life is longer for me. Wifi much faster, I don't see the hourglass as much.

Memory loss is still there.

Install it if you can.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Transferring files via Bluetooth seems to hang, I end up with "Transfer Interrupted." I would always transfer my mp3 files this way, but now this .755 seems to have failed on that department. For me it freezes at 12% or 13% and I have to wait until it quits.

Can someone verify this to see if this is widespread and not just me, please? Danke.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Latest official OS 7.1.0.755 for 9850 from Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Undenied View Post
    Transferring files via Bluetooth seems to hang, I end up with "Transfer Interrupted." I would always transfer my mp3 files this way, but now this .755 seems to have failed on that department. For me it freezes at 12% or 13% and I have to wait until it quits.

Can someone verify this to see if this is widespread and not just me, please? Danke.
    I transferred 5 mp3 files and none of em failed
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts

I noticed it says "Remove" instead of "Delete" when things are being deleted/removed in this OS 7.1.0.755.. It asks "Delete item?" and then the choice to "Remove" or "Cancel." Not to big of a change, just something that caught my eye.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  

Quote Originally Posted by dc08879 View Post
    don't know how. can you give instructions to do that. i did do a backup on desktop manager while updating the device

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Verizon
    It would have needed to be done prior to loading the new OS. It can be done using DM but most people use a 3rd party software like BBHtools or BBSAK. You might be able to find the CODs somewhere doing a and use one of these to install them.

I've heard you can install it from here as well. OTA Link: TeleNav OTA
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts

Working here. For me, this is the best build yet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Thanks guys. I guess I'll try a few un-installs and re-installs to determine if it's just me and whether I will have to fall back to the last version.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

Thanks guys. I guess I'll try a few un-installs and re-installs to determine if it's just me and whether I will have to fall back to the last version.
    Good luck.
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,198 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    I'm not getting the memory leak like you are. Do you have some 3rd party apps that are known to cause a memory drain?

If you use the media (music or video) it begins to leak. Mine will also not leak until I run music or video. As discussed ad naseum over the last 10 months, there appears to be some broken code deep in the media portion of the OS. Unfortunately - JAVA makes fixing this without breaking or re-writing other significant parts of the OS impossible. Basically - same type of thing that happenned with coding for Open-GL on the BB7 chipsets and theme coding. Too few available resources to fix this given the payoff.
    Ad Lucem

15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/images/icons/icon1.png

If you use the media (music or video) it begins to leak. Mine will also not leak until I run music or video. As discussed ad naseum over the last 10 months, there appears to be some broken code deep in the media portion of the OS. Unfortunately - JAVA makes fixing this without breaking or re-writing other significant parts of the OS impossible. Basically - same type of thing that happenned with coding for Open-GL on the BB7 chipsets and theme coding. Too few available resources to fix this given the payoff.
    Gotcha, I'm assuming then this isn't isolated to just the latest OS but all OS7.X.X.XX and some OS6.X.X.XXX?
    Need help? Just ask.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    3347ADE5

Hi all. Does anyone have trouble getting the Blackberry 5.0 sounds imported with this OS? It shows up on the Options ---> application, but when I go to the Sounds profiles, those alerts don't appear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    334C9480

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel07760 View Post
    I would avoid OTA installs going forward. I had a complete meltdown on the .580 OS upgrade. This go round with .755 was smooth as silk via DM.
    Sent from my Atari 2600, in the back of my van, down by the river...

Storm /Storm2 .1015 /9850 7.1.0.861 /Z10 10.2.0.1725 /Z30 10.2.1.1055
    Playbook-16GBČ & 64GBČ
    middbrew likes this.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  

Quote Originally Posted by vincentkong View Post
    Hi all. Does anyone have trouble getting the Blackberry 5.0 sounds imported with this OS? It shows up on the Options ---> application, but when I go to the Sounds profiles, those alerts don't appear.
    I haven't added those in a long time. You might have to try adding them again. Hope you get it worked out.
    Need help? Just ask.

19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #44  

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
    I would avoid OTA installs going forward. I had a complete meltdown on the .580 OS upgrade. This go round with .755 was smooth as silk via DM.
    Great advice!

Installing OTA is a last resort. As Tommy and a lot more have had trouble with installing that way.
    Need help? Just ask.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Loaded this OS a few days ago its pretty smooth, stable radio

Compared to .580 memory leak not as bad, battery life is better, but the browser is terrible! Its laggy and crashes frequently, won't play any of the embedded videos .580 browser would play, like on blogs....actually every build I've had would play them, except this one! Same results on my 9930 too
  21. gkl
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest official OS 7.1.0.755 for 9850 from Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/images/icons/icon1.png

Any idea if Hybrids help with the leak to any degree?

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Google Maps is corrupted after the install. Seems its no longer available to re-install. Is this a conscious effort to ween us away from Google products? Coincidently, a new version of Bing Maps appeared shortly after I was forced to use Maps on a recent trip. Bing Maps defaults to portrait mode and didn't seem to have a landscape option. All in all, I'm pretty pissed at the whole issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bbobruns View Post
    Google Maps is corrupted after the install. Seems its no longer available to re-install. Is this a conscious effort to ween us away from Google products? Coincidently, a new version of Bing Maps appeared shortly after I was forced to use Maps on a recent trip. Bing Maps defaults to portrait mode and didn't seem to have a landscape option. All in all, I'm pretty pissed at the whole issue.
    same as telenav. it seems like you have to use VZ Navigator that take you to the wrong place or BlackBerry Traffic that is outdated on their searches for instinct salad works is showing Princeton, NJ is the closest but they out of business and the closest is Hamilton, NJ. sucks that we cant have voice navigation for free or a low rate and accurate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Verizon
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm assuming you tried to delete the "corrupted" Google Maps and reinstall it from the Google mobile site? I did a full BBSAK wipe of my device, installed this new OS and reinstalled all the apps manually, including Google Maps. I don't have any problems with it at all.

The problem I am having is with YouMail. I have to sign in every time I reboot the phone (which is daily due to QuickPull). If I don't remember to do it, I don't get any voicemail notifications. Sigh.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by rickkel View Post
    I'm assuming you tried to delete the "corrupted" Google Maps and reinstall it from the Google mobile site? I did a full BBSAK wipe of my device, installed this new OS and reinstalled all the apps manually, including Google Maps. I don't have any problems with it at all.

Appreciate the info. That thought crossed my mind. I'll give it a try.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast