Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Latest Official OS 7.1.0.746 for Torch 9860 from Indosat

Quote Originally Posted by @mbueno View Post
    I have 2 days trying to install this OS, deleted vendors, restarted, installed os, restarted, all again, no clue, pc cant find OS, not apploader, DM or BBSAK... any ideas?

Im running atm .714

Thanks
    Mee too! I tried twice but no luck! Im not the sharpest at doing these updates but no luck! And was going at it for like 1.5 hrs trying over and over again!! Just sucks and hopefully with the new BBM10 updating will be way more flawlessly then this !!!!!!!!! Sorry had to rant!

Cheers
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I had the same problem... uninstalled BB DM and Indosat, reinstalled both... deleted both vendors... be sure to erase both...!! and voilá....DM recognized that I had a new OS to be installed...
    By the way....so far ...... so good......
    Could someone tell me where do you define led colors in this version...?

Hope this solves your problem..... I was very upset with it... I never needed to search for the second vendor file..... This is the first time I had to erase it....

Regards....!!!!
    PS
    Torch 9860 with 7.1.0.746
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by 007Storm View Post
    Mee too! I tried twice but no luck! Im not the sharpest at doing these updates but no luck! And was going at it for like 1.5 hrs trying over and over again!! Just sucks and hopefully with the new BBM10 updating will be way more flawlessly then this !!!!!!!!! Sorry had to rant!

Cheers
    Try used vnbbUtils_v2.0.4.1_b08
    Goggle how to get that and all instruction was there.
    Simple software and alternative to BBDM.

Good Luck.
    9000 >>> 8520 >>> 9700 >>> 9780 >>> 9300 >>> 9360 >>> 9810 >>> 9860 >>> 9790 & 9900
    Running Hybrids OS 7 from BL Returns v3.0.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

Vendelete+ can search the vendor.xml file automatically. Been using it every time when updating the OS and so far no problem.
    Here,s the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

So far this is the best OS for me. Battery temp and discharge rate has been fair after a couple of days, around 28-30 C with heavy use and discharge rate around 8% per hour. Typing in this OS is a lot better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

*****HELP

I tried to upgrade from leaked .714 to .746.... It was successful, however now will only boot to 75%.

It's Nuked!

SO, I followed the Nuked process...
    I completely wiped te device using BBSAK - which took a few trie to get the PC to recognize the device.
    THEN
    Did the App Loader install (after deleteing the vendor.xml file... 1 as usual, right?)
    App Loader recognizes pin right away - There's NO "PIN UNKNOWN" (I got it like the 1st time, then everything else was device pin).
    I make it to the "app load" section (which I also get with a recognized pin)
    PROCESS
    BUT
    Device will only boot to 75%.. then cut out PC recognition like 5 seconds after.

Am I doing something wrong?

PLEASE ADVISE.
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

This one has 2 vendor.xml. There were several os have 2 vendor.xml files. Usually i did a complete search in my C drive but now i use vendelete+ and it takes care those hidden vendor.xml files.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hi,

Problem solved!! I used a program called BBMCP - BlackBerry Master Control - it offers MORE features than BBSAK - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. See thread below:

Wiped & Loaded 5times but it still freezes at 75% during booting
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have that software installed in my computer but never use it..i prefer jl_commander to do the wipe. Glad to hear u,ve finally got your 9860 fixed..[BOX][/BOX]
    CrackBerry Abuser

EFF!!

I REALLY want this update, but it messed up my Scorch!
    (BUT I fixed it - learning new stuff!)

Has everyone else been successful in upgrading with this leak - I saw I wasn't the only one experiencing the 75% boot problem...
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    PIN
    285710A8

Quote Originally Posted by nyx_ic0nic View Post
    Try used vnbbUtils_v2.0.4.1_b08
    Goggle how to get that and all instruction was there.
    Simple software and alternative to BBDM.

Good Luck.
    Using this program all went well, Its running smooth since a couple of days, only thing i have noticed wierd, is the WIFI signal, going on off on off on my home network.. but playbook stays fine :/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have you tried Vendelete+ to remove the vendpr files?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28A6BB27

so, i've got also a bad side of this release.when i've installed it i've got 245 mb free memory.After a few days , without any other application installed or updates i've got 242, 240, and now already 238,95 mb free.I am a cleaning addict/freak regarding my phone, i do registry cleaning, temp folders/files cleaning almost every day.however, conclusion ... memory leaks ... I'l stay on this release, but i am waiting for the next OS.
    8900, 9700, 9790, 9860, 9900, Z10, 9720, Q10 & playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

This update is useless. My phone freezes every 5 mins. I have to restart it after using whatsapp. The reception is very poor
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default One size doesn't suit all

I've updated my 9860, and previous devices many many times, usually after extensive reading of reviews posted here and elsewhere about pros, cons and general findings.

One this is becoming really clear: a particular update may not suit each user in the same way.

Given the abundance of apps we now live with, and the numerous settings and configurations of our devices, it's no wonder some of us think the latest OS is crap, whilst others cannot be more polarised in thinking its the best yet...

My rules are simple. If I fancy updating, I read a bit about it first, then decide whether to upgrade or not.
    I fully back up everything, take out my media card then set to.

As mentioned above by Abramadhi, I always always, always, without fail, run Vendelte. Its just a no-brainer......and I've never, ever had an install issue or problem.

So, if your install goes bad, it probably isn't due to the OS (especially if others have it up and running). Just review your procedure and revise accordingly.

Also, whilst its interesting to note that the battery drain has dropped from 3.065 to 3.062% per hour, really that's just a personal thing on your device given your configuration etc etc.

To anyone who is still to-ing and fro-ing about whether to upgrade to this version, I did and I'm really happy with it. Its not perfect (audio bug etc) but its an incremental step forward.

What are you waiting for????
    Thanked by:
    abramadhi (11-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    732 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Well I was running .746 for about a week and my accelerometer stopped functioning...my phone would constantly stay in portrait mode and I was unable to get it to rotate. I did battery pulls and even wiped phone and still would not rotate. I downgraded to .694 and it started working again...so I am just going to stick with this one until the next comes out. Anyone else experience this problem?
    CrackBerry User

I have upgraded to this version about a week ago. It has hung - solid hang that needed battery pull - three times. I am rolling back to my previous 7.1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    732 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Yeah that's how mine did too...since I downgraded back down to .694 I have had no problems at all.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    on demand

anybody has tried to use headphones skullcandy with the 9860?

my experience was awfull

sorry my bad english
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Excellent upgrade

This is the first time I upgrade the OS, so far no issues, nice features are the resource monitor and the hot spot function. I love this phone.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

for that guy who's having trouble with the install, just go to the search motor of your pc or mac, keyword vendor. It'll show you all the files with that name, and after that, make sure that all vendor files are related to the rim folder in common files, or related in some way to blackberry, and erase it, then restart the program, and it should be work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is the most useless upgrade ever. I have to restart my phone atleast 10 times a day.
    CrackBerry User

Default Latest OS

Will this software work fine for my B/berry 9860. I am in UK on t-mobile
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Latest Official OS 7.1.0.746 for Torch 9860 from Indosat

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcH View Post
    Will this software work fine for my B/berry 9860. I am in UK on t-mobile
    There's a newest update from vode v7.1.0.825. Don't forget to wipe first and after you've installed the os, search for vendor.xml in your C drive and erase it. There are 2 vendor.xml files in os 7.1.0.825. If you forgot to erase the vendor files, usually you'll have a lot of bugs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    There's a newest update from vode v7.1.0.825. Don't forget to wipe first and after you've installed the os, search for vendor.xml in your C drive and erase it. There are 2 vendor.xml files in os 7.1.0.825. If you forgot to erase the vendor files, usually you'll have a lot of bugs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Me: I'm with AT&T in the USA will it be ok to upgrade device?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2B2790D7 Z30

Quote Originally Posted by EricSteeleLive View Post
    Me: I'm with AT&T in the USA will it be ok to upgrade device?
    You can use any carriers OS that matches your device as long as you delete the vendor.xml file or files before installing as mentioned above.

Mike
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast