Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Latest official OS 7.1.0.649 for 9850 from China Telecom

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1886 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.1.0.1886
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.1.0.649
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.480
    File name: 9850wapihwAsia_PBr7.1.0_rel1886_PL5.1.0.480_A7.1.0 .649_China_Telecom_.exe
    File size: 232.09MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    Thanked by 2:
    1magine (09-13-2012),  DaFoxGrey (09-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,233 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Wow. Anybody wlling to try this one out? I'm d/l now but its always such a PITA to reload all apps, that unless it fixes things, I'm reluctant to bother.

Media player bug?
    App memory leak?

Anyone?
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts

Media player bug still exists in this version for the 9930...
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

1magine, I have been running this for about a month now.

Wasn't it leaked a while ago?

Media player issues are still present such as music going tinny after pausing a track for more than 3 seconds. I am starting to think that this only happens when you pause the song from the headset (I'm using the Bold 9930's supplied headset). I have not come across music stopping playback, but I have come across it freezing my whole phone after trying to dial out once or twice (a rare occurrence).

Hope this helps!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Will this work on 9860?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

What about the battery life ???
    CrackBerry Genius

there is already a version for the 9860 released.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by masterscarhead1 View Post
    there is already a version for the 9860 released.

Yup. It sucked though, at least for me. I found it to be laggy at times and buggy. I reverted to .569.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well I tried it, fixed darn near all the bugs I've noticed except for the tinny sound when you pause and playback a song on media player. No more freezing when I try to unlock the screen, battery seems to last longer but I'm yet to be sure.
    I noticed, if you put media player on repeat current song, the tinny-after-you-pause bug disappears. Downside is, you now have to be changing tracks yourself....sucks too.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obiroyce View Post
    Well I tried it, fixed darn near all the bugs I've noticed except for the tinny sound when you pause and playback a song on media player. No more freezing when I try to unlock the screen, battery seems to last longer but I'm yet to be sure.
    I noticed, if you put media player on repeat current song, the tinny-after-you-pause bug disappears. Downside is, you now have to be changing tracks yourself....sucks too.
    if u find out more about this new os let us kniw plzzz
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ya . Phone boots up quite faster now. Progress bar used to freeze sometimes under the "e" on the boot up screen but that hasn't happened since I upgraded. Maybe cos I did a wipe before installing? This is the first time I tried that method.
    Battery life and memory leak issue seems to show improvements also, I have absolutely no regret with the upgrade.

Ya . Phone boots up quite faster now. Progress bar used to freeze sometimes under the "e" on the boot up screen but that hasn't happened since I upgraded. Maybe cos I did a wipe before installing? This is the first time I tried that method.
    Battery life and memory leak issue seems to show improvements also, I have absolutely no regret with the upgrade.
    No, you wiping the phone before loading the OS doesn't make any difference. Apploader wipes the device before loading the OS and reinstalling your data. So all you are doing is going through a useless and unnecessary step in the process.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Newbie

Well, I wouldn't know about that being a waste of time. The point behind wiping the device first I think, is that apploader doesn't get to reinstall your apps. If by chance some of the problems you experience arise from file corruption in one or two apps or so, you get to reload them all afresh from appworld. Else, apploader will reinstall the apps same way they were, corrupt files and all and the previously existing problems will persist.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

thanks 4d heads up i'll install it 2nite.... also i've notice the .163 version doesn't have d media prob dunno y but that was observed from a friend's recently bought 9850 so not sure if that media prob would arise later or it only resides with the newer versions
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

i have installed the .649 on my 9850 n i must say it runs ok.. batt. life, processing speed, booting up so far is good but on the other hand in bbm u cant edit autotext, wen adding contact in sim card once saved cant close normally, have to use the end button come out honestly feeling to downgrade back to .580
    CrackBerry Newbie

I haven't noticed the sim card contact issue, but I've experienced the autotext bug. That sucks, but I'm not downgrading. I'll just wait for another upgrade. :'(
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

not having media issue
    but having autotext issue, unable to add or edit autotext

restart is better (faster, only 2minutes)
    memory leak still there
    from 8120 to 8900 to 8120 to 9550 to 9670 to 9850
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icepearl View Post
    not having media issue
    but having autotext issue, unable to add or edit autotext

restart is better (faster, only 2minutes)
    memory leak still there
    wow.. u not having tha media problem how ??
    what u did when u installed the os ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest official OS 7.1.0.649 for 9850 from China Telecom

Has anyone here noticed if BlackBerry Maps disappeared on this version? I had to revert back to .580 because for some reason it was gone and while trying to download and install via the BlackBerry site, I got the message saying my device did not meet the requirements to install it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Does anyone have the new mail notification issue? Anywhere besides the home screen I get he new mail notification on the top. The mail with the red asterisk on it. But of course all mail has been read and no new mail is there. But it just shows the icon which bothers the out of me!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Anybody? Just look at your phone and check if BlackBerry Maps is still there? It's gone for me, just need to confirm if it's only me or .649 all around. Thank you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    t of Guinness and a shot of Jameson.

No maps was still there on 649 for me but I had to revert back to 580. I was having in call issues. My contacts were telling me they were getting a lot of feedback, muffled in the tunnel kind of call quality when not on bluetooth device.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,567 Global Posts

Wow going on 3 months and no new leaks or officials.

I have maps.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun

Quote Originally Posted by Earl_3 View Post
    No maps was still there on 649 for me but I had to revert back to 580. I was having in call issues. My contacts were telling me they were getting a lot of feedback, muffled in the tunnel kind of call quality when not on bluetooth device.
    Maps or no maps, 580 seems to be the better sfi file for phone calls. 649 is better for all else.
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Now using 580 sfi file and the full java for the 9860 OS 714. I think this will be a good combination.
    Need help? Just ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast