Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest Official 9850 OS 7.0.0.374 from Verizon Wireless

*NOTE: Although this is not posted up on VZW's Smithmicro site yet, the download is available from VZW's servers. Also, please note that I am using Crucial's template for providing this information. Thank you to all!

EDIT: Now available on VZW's download page: http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/

Software For BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 smartphone
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1739 (English & Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1739

Consisting of:

Applications: 7.0.0.374
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.552
    File name (English): 9850AMEA_PBr7.0.0_rel1739_PL5.0.0.552_A7.0.0.374.e xe
    File name (Multilanguage): 9850jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel1739_PL5.0.0.552_A7.0.0.3 74.exe
    File size (English): 198MB
    File size (Multilanguage): 242MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download English HERE.

Download Multilanguage HERE.

Instructions for installing on the 9850:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. For NON-VZW 9850 users, please follow notes (Taken from Crucial's notes): Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.

**Finally, more information about the update can be found HERE. (Special thanks goes out to MeetJoeAsian for this )
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 10-25-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Alphalucard (10-20-2011),  b52ninja (10-18-2011),  BeRefreshed (10-19-2011),  CarGuy#IM (10-18-2011),  eclipse33 (10-18-2011),  Edmo (10-22-2011),  mangcool (10-19-2011),  MeetJoeAsian (10-19-2011),  NinerJet9 (10-18-2011),  Noface (10-18-2011),  remmy00 (10-18-2011),  sokar42 (10-18-2011),  vincentkong (10-19-2011) 
    Edmo likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Your link to update is broken. It's adding a </ br> to the url.
    Playbook 64GB.
    Torch 9850 7.0.0.254 -> 362 ->.374 ->.464 -> 7.1.163 -> .340->.402->.580
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Both download links seem to be working just fine... the link to the Verizon update info page had to be corrected tho.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 10-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

So the install went smoothly. 3 reboots later. Quick impressions. Also I upgraded from .362

All the app works, quicklauch, berryweather, pinball, jewel break, score mobile
    touch is quick and responsive (just a little better)
    switch between landscape and portrait is fast.

There is still problems with the browser in portrait view rendering correctly (same as in .362)
    Typing in portrait still difficult.

Otherwise, pretty good.
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry Addict

Upgraded from .353, used BB Boss 2.2 to shrink the OS first. It didn't remove the intro video, but the stock wallpapers are GONE. Managed to shrink things from 198 MB to 94.7MB. The actual install went fine, apps were all restored (except for the "unsupported" ones like Google quick search, e-office flashlight, Blackstar GPS & Weatherbug). Reloaded the .cods for those & everything works fine.

Had to reload the OS5 ringtones again too. I still don't understand WHY they got rid of 75% of the ringtones going from OS5 to OS6....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

I have never had an upgrade complete so fast. No more than about 15 minutes from the time I told DM to install the new update (which I had installed from the link in this thread) to when it said "update complete; you can disconnect your phone".

Still no sign of the update on the usual update pages on either Blackberry.com or VerizonWireless.com, nor from DM (it found the package I had installed locally, not the network version).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Just upgraded from .362. Absolutely no problems installing it. I probably should have used BB Boss like PJD because you get a lot of the OEM bloat. So far everything seems snappier ie. faster keyboard response, better response from the touch screen while hitting active links in the web and faster screen rotation. All of my programs are working... I recommend, even though I REALLY was content with .362.
    Storm 9530/Storm 9550/Droid X/Torch 9850 with leaked .362(gone), iPhone 5 on iOS7 AND a Z10 on 10.2.1.1925 w a companion Playbook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Just finished updating and loading all my apps. All apps work fine. The only thing is I'm worried about battery life since this update is faster and more fluid then all the other builds. Only been an hour now but so far so good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

9850jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel1739_PL5.0.0.552_A7.0.0.3 74.exe

jAllLang!!! japanese support!!!! finally.... my waiting is over.... OMG i feel like Christmas come already
    CrackBerry User

is this download for Verizon users only?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Downloaded and installed. Desktop manager failed to save my third party apps and failed to load the os - stopped at a 507 error. Had to use loader.exe in order to finish the installation, and re-install apps from app world. Not entirely sure what performance improvements I'm seeing over .362 unattributable to multiple reboots and a freah install of applications. It's late.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

yeah I'm not sure either orgonebox. It seems like the browser is snappier and things have been popping open much quicker now. Like facebook seems more responsive but that may be due to the fact that all the notifications are history now so haha. Same with BBM. But I wiped the phone and then installed the OS using BB Hybrid Tools. Lyricidal, if you read this thank you so much for such a wonderful program. I'm VERY pleased to see japanese characters now supported. I can now get the Japanese people's help to navigate the site for my Cellphone usage here haha.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by lucass View Post
    is this download for Verizon users only?
    It'll work on any 9850. If you have a carrier other than Verizon, just delete the vendor.xml file in C:>program files>common files>Research in Motion>App Loader.
    Twitter.com/K9Carly
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333bc686

I agree with some have mentioned. Update was quick , everything went fine except losing all my groups. But im use to that. Phone does seem more responsive and quicker.

Haven't seen the hourglass yet. I installed it about 7:30 yesterday.
    CrackBerry User

Hello,
    Everything is great on this update but the same problem still exists when searching through the contact list. for example, you type in da on the search, all the da names come up, for example:
    Dad
    David
    Daniel

i want to call Daniel but it always jumps back up and calls Dad...does anyone know the fix to this or have this same problem as well?

thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kahoots View Post
    Hello,
    Everything is great on this update but the same problem still exists when searching through the contact list. for example, you type in da on the search, all the da names come up, for example:
    Dad
    David
    Daniel

i want to call Daniel but it always jumps back up and calls Dad...does anyone know the fix to this or have this same problem as well?

thanks
    how about, instead of just typing "da" you type one more letter and type "dan".
    That said, it does seem weird that if you click on "daniel" that it would call "dad"
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    how about, instead of just typing "da" you type one more letter and type "dan".
    That said, it does seem weird that if you click on "daniel" that it would call "dad"
    yeah when i click daniel, it quickly highlights it, then goes and highlights dad and calls him since thats the first that comes up on the search.

does it happen to you?
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts

I do not have this issue. I highlights and selects what i want to choose.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

I agree - no issue with search and selecting proper caller
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orgonebox View Post
    Downloaded and installed. Desktop manager failed to save my third party apps and failed to load the os - stopped at a 507 error. Had to use loader.exe in order to finish the installation, and re-install apps from app world.
    When I re-installed .254 with DM, I got the 507 error, but DM actually popped up a dialog box and suggested that I reconnect the phone. I unplugged and reconnected the USB connector, and DM resumed re-loading my apps and completed normally.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Still no sign of the update on the usual site (http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx), nor from DM. I wonder what the holdup is, since they put it on the VZW download site (the link in this thread) a few days ago.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 10-19-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    CrackBerry User

I'm trying to use the built-in Software Update but keep getting "Update Request Failed". I've rebooted and tried it without WiFi but it just won't go. Anyone else having luck with it? Seems like a problem on Verizon's end, maybe? The reason I'm trying software update is because it seems to do a better job of actually backing up my apps and restoring them (and re-activating me on the BES) whereas if I do it thru DM I'm left having to reinstall everything manually and in this case I'm going to lose some apps in the process because the devs haven't updated them for OS7 compatibility. But if I'm wrong about that or there's something that can help alleviate that I'd love to be educated.
    CrackBerry User

Ok, so I loaded the new update and i CAN NOT MOVE any of the messaging apps (windows, Yahoo or Google) from the home screen!!!! I can move all the other ones around, but when I press the BB key NOTHING happens for JUST the messenging ones. ??? Press BB key, no menu, nothing, like it does for any of the other ones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

So after about 24 hours of use:
    No spinning clocks, everything is still fast and responsive (except appworld, but it never was fast).

One oddity with email. I got a new message, showed the mail icon with an *, showed in the notification bar, but I could not find it in mail folder. Had get it via the status bar instead. Not sure what happened there.
    Last edited by sokar42; 10-19-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

doesn't work with mac....any help appreciated
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast