Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest Official 9850 OS 7.0.0.362 from Panhandle Communications (PTCI)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1702 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1702
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.0.0.362
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.552
    File name: 9850AMEA_PBr7.0.0_rel1702_PL5.0.0.552_A7.0.0.362_P TCI.exe
    File size: 198.31MB

Download Here

or select your device from the dropdown menu here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B46EA474902797

Instructions for installing on the 9850:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-15-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Instructions/stuck
    BBHTool Creator/Developer
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers
    For the latest BlackBerry OS Downloads and OTAs, check out: theiexplorers.com
    Current Device: BlackBerry Z30 on Telus running 10.2.0.3175 bridged to a 32GB PlayBook
    Thanked by 5:
    69goat (09-15-2011),  the1onlyjosh (09-16-2011),  eclipse33 (10-14-2011),  khl (10-03-2011),  Noface (09-15-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I just switched from a 9550 running 5.1015 to a VZW 9850 running 7.254. I transferred everything (I thought) from the old to the new BB Desktop but I seem to have lost all of the notifier and ring tone sounds that used to be on my old phone. Will switching to 7.362 fix this and/or is there another way to regain all of those sounds? I hate change! Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

Just FYI,. this is an extremely slow download, and has failed on me about 6 six times now, with the DL just cutting off.

If anyone gets the complete file, please post and upload it somewhere?
    Last edited by jsanders; 09-15-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    PIN
    cushion

Same issues here as JSanders (we are in 2 different parts of the US). Download just stops and is incomplete.
    BES Admin somewhere in West Michigan
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ifixbax View Post
    I just switched from a 9550 running 5.1015 to a VZW 9850 running 7.254. I transferred everything (I thought) from the old to the new BB Desktop but I seem to have lost all of the notifier and ring tone sounds that used to be on my old phone. Will switching to 7.362 fix this and/or is there another way to regain all of those sounds? I hate change! Thanks.
    This will not fix your issues with. Notification sounds and ringtones. Os7 has some different sounds then Os5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

i installed this this morning around 8:30am. So far I haven't noticed any changes from the stock VZW version. Battery is about the same, and everything else is functioning as it should.

Also, i have not experianced any of the issues that i see people complaining about all over the boards.(even with stock VZW OS)
    zolt11 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

I've saved the set of ringtones (includes the alerts) since upgrading my former 9650 from OS5 to OS6. Here is the forum thread that gets you the ringtone COD files. Then install them with BBSAK. I did this with my new 9850 with OS7 and they work perfectly!

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...es-os6-530509/

Actually, that was the method I've used to date (works on the 9850). There is a newer way I will try tonite:

OTA .jad file from RIM website to install old BB ringtones missing from OS 6.0

Hopefully this also works, without having to run BBSAK.

EDIT:

Well, the file that the link above provides gets you an install file, and I placed it into the SD Card folder for ringtones. But it gave an error message. Turns out I also needed to download a different file as well and placed that file into the same ringtone folder (the new file was about 4MB). The link to the other file is below. I emailed the link to myself and executed it from the email message from within the 9850.

//mobile.blackberry.com/resources/mbc/downloads/ringtones/drm/net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.jad

Then I ran the resulting file on the SD Card and it downloaded the ringtone files (you see them under the "alert" option when selecting ringtones). Got my ringtones back. Will need to run the program from the ringtone directory after I install new OS updates.

C'mon, you liked this post, right!?
    Last edited by Brianflys; 09-15-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: updated the method to get OS5 ringtones
    Thanked by:
    the1onlyjosh (09-16-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobaloo View Post
    You know, when i installed it, my FB app was the 1.9 version. It was weird. I had to update it to get to the 2.*. Must have been a remnant of an old backup file or something. I never changed the name of my backup folder, which I'll be doing now so it doesn't leak old apps into my new phone. Anyway, i wonder if you had a similar issue with your FB app. Maybe it's an older version or something

Any word on the browser column view I mentioned in my above post?

let me know if you need specifics on how to duplicate the symptom.
    I had the same old version facebook load up. I though it was weird so I looked at the Os files and there is was. So it wasn't a backup file just what's loaded in the Os. It aslo has a newer version of twitter out. Instead of being 2.0.0.16 that's available in appworld it is 2.0.0.19. I haven't really notice any differences with it.

As with you problem with the rendering of web pages after you doubled tapped to zoom. I haven't encountered this with this build yet. Although I was running .353 before this and the stock Os for a few days, I did see that problem with those. It wasn't all the time or even the same site or pages. So I think that this occurs because of the page trying to load and there's just something wrong with the page.

CrackBerry Abuser

Wow. Huge difference from the days of OS releases and leaks for the Storm. No immediate findings/fixes threads or anything and just about no activity in this thread.

I hope my Storm bretheren can help keep things exciting with OS releases for the 9850.

Anyway:

with this release, I'm having a browser issue. When I double tap to zoom in and go to column mode, the sides of the text are off screen. It's irritating. I have to scroll left and right to finish the extremem-right text. I've tried a few different things to no avail.

Check any blog post on CB and see if it happens to you and post your results here, please. My update didn't really go as smoothly as I'm used to, so it could be a problem there. If no one else has this symptom, I may just reinstall the update.

Also, please post any other problems/discoveries relating to this OS.

Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

So initial observations:
    Installation was easy and quick (about 20 minutes)
    Switch between landscape and portrait is much better.
    All the aps worked. ql, pinball, berryweather
    Some of the apps I installed via bbsak are missing, but I expected that, since they are from my storm

Facebook app, says that my plan does not support it and switch to the wifi network. Weird...
    EDIT: Had to reboot one more time. 3 reboots! I know this fact from doing this with the storm. FB connects.
    Last edited by sokar42; 09-16-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: can't spell.
    Playbook 64GB.
    Torch 9850 7.0.0.254 -> 362 ->.374 ->.464 -> 7.1.163 -> .340->.402->.580
    CrackBerry Abuser

You know, when i installed it, my FB app was the 1.9 version. It was weird. I had to update it to get to the 2.*. Must have been a remnant of an old backup file or something. I never changed the name of my backup folder, which I'll be doing now so it doesn't leak old apps into my new phone. Anyway, i wonder if you had a similar issue with your FB app. Maybe it's an older version or something

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    I had the same old version facebook load up. I though it was weird so I looked at the Os files and there is was. So it wasn't a backup file just what's loaded in the Os. It aslo has a newer version of twitter out. Instead of being 2.0.0.16 that's available in appworld it is 2.0.0.19. I haven't really notice any differences with it.

As with you problem with the rendering of web pages after you doubled tapped to zoom. I haven't encountered this with this build yet. Although I was running .353 before this and the stock Os for a few days, I did see that problem with those. It wasn't all the time or even the same site or pages. So I think that this occurs because of the page trying to load and there's just something wrong with the page.

Good to know on the FB and twitter apps.

So to clarify, if you read a blog post on CB, you double tap on the text and it fits within the screen fine? Oh, and this only happens to be in portrait mode. Forgot to mention that. anyway, for me the text in portrait orientation does not fit the screen. It bleeds past the right-hand extreme of the screen. And, actually, now that I'm playing with it more, it's almost like i can't double tap the screen. Nothing is happening.

****update***
    Okay. I figured somethign out here.

In portrait view, it will not activate column view when double tapping. It does nothing on doubletap (well, sometimes it will scroll down one full page). it won't let me go to column view and I'm stuck scrolling left and right to read the full line.

But, if I switch to landscape orientation, I can double tap to go to column view and all the text fits within the screen as expected. I can then switch to portrait orientation and it will stay in column view and all the text fits within the confines of the screen. If i double tap, it will exit column view and go back to page view. I cannot double tap again to back to column view unless I do it from landscape orientation.

This did not happen to me like this on the official VZW OS.

p.s. Why did you edit you previous post to respond to mine? You should create a new post to keep things organized to help others follow along.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 09-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

... So I'm trying CB posts. And I can't zoom with a double tap. Using first post on CB, BBM outage.
    So I'm being an ***** here or should the double tap zoom on that page using portrait mode.
    And tell me how to change to column view... can't find it either. I never used on my storm, so not sure where to look.
    Last edited by sokar42; 09-16-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sokar42 View Post
    ... So I'm trying CB posts. And I can't zoom with a double tap. Using first post on CB, BBM outage.
    Am I'm being an ***** here or should the double tap zoom on that page.
    And tell me how to change to column view... can't find it either. I never used on my storm, so not sure where to look.
    My above post will explain a workaround and explain the bug in more detail.

Column view on the storm was a button on the tool bar on the bottom of the web browser screen. Column view on the Torch is activated by doulbetapping the text. So the zooming in you're trying to activate by doubletapping is what I'm calling column view. there is no check box to set in the options menu as it's done quickly on the fly with a double tap. Hope that helps clarify what I'm trying to say.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

My above post will explain a workaround and explain the bug in more detail.

Column view on the storm was a button on the tool bar on the bottom of the web browser screen. Column view on the Torch is activated by doulbetapping the text. So the zooming in you're trying to activate by doubletapping is what I'm calling column view. there is no check box to set in the options menu as it's done quickly on the fly with a double tap. Hope that helps clarify what I'm trying to say.
    Ok, same thing here. Using CB posts. I can't double tap in portrait mode to zoom/column view. Works in landscape.
    EDIT:
    Tried on several other sites as well (CNN and switch to full mode for example). Double tap does not work in portrait mode. To zoom, I had to use two fingers. But when you switch back from landscape mode, it does start working. sounds like a bug to me.
    Last edited by sokar42; 09-16-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I think they maybe a rendering issue that is adding to the double tap issue as well. see the screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest Official 9850 OS 7.0.0.362 from Panhandle-ql_11916102627.png  
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

All right. Thank you for verifying the findings.

here's another one, which didn't happen with the offical vzw OS.

On twitter, when I scroll down past the newest message, it says release to update or something like that. When it snaps back, the top few posts (the updated ones?) are cut off... at least until it has a chance to catch up with the data. it's kind of annoying.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think they maybe a rendering issue that is adding to the double tap issue as well. see the screen shot.
    Interesting. that could explain a lot. Certainly the symptom I'm experiencing in Twitter. I also had a weird screen tear on the home screen this morning when my alarm went off. I don't know how to explain it though, so I never brought it up. Maybe it's an OS-wide rendering issue.

and I'm getting the same issue you are with the CB home screen. also, it renders properly in landscape.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Interesting. that could explain a lot. Certainly the symptom I'm experiencing in Twitter. I also had a weird screen tear on the home screen this morning when my alarm went off. I don't know how to explain it though, so I never brought it up. Maybe it's an OS-wide rendering issue.

and I'm getting the same issue you are with the CB home screen. also, it renders properly in landscape.
    Yea, should have said that too, landscape works.
    I don't use twitter, so I can't help with that one. This one where I miss the 100s of Storm users posting.
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yea, should have said that too, landscape works.
    I don't use twitter, so I can't help with that one. This one where I miss the 100s of Storm users posting.
    Yeah, I miss it too. Ever since they reorganized the forums and had OS discussion in a melting pot of an OS forum instead of the actual phones the OS is meant for, OS discussion and dissection died down a little bit. But I never thought it would be only two people chatting about a new OS for a brand new phone... especially when it's a prevalent enough bug we're coming across.

Maybe no one cares about our conversation because we're caught in a sticky. Oh, well. I'll keep posting other findings in here as I discover them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Yeah, I miss it too. Ever since they reorganized the forums and had OS discussion in a melting pot of an OS forum instead of the actual phones the OS is meant for, OS discussion and dissection died down a little bit. But I never thought it would be only two people chatting about a new OS for a brand new phone... especially when it's a prevalent enough bug we're coming across.

Maybe no one cares about our conversation because we're caught in a sticky. Oh, well. I'll keep posting other findings in here as I discover them.
    Actually, I had problems finding this thread. Looked here and leaked. I mentally was ignoring the sticky. But looking at the leaked OSs for torch, there wasn't many posts. maybe we are just too early the party.

I'll post findings as well.
    Playbook 64GB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

No, I think we're just lost in sticky land.

I'll make a thread in the 9850/60 forum and see if it takes off or gets closed/moved. The more info and interest we have, the better.

***edit***

Okay. For discussion/findings of this OS .362, check out this thread here

Contribute your findings if you can.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 09-16-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can someone please help me understand how I can upgrade my 9850 with a leaked OS from a Mac. Is this even possible? Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I've discovered that I am not able to move some apps either around the screen or into folders. I hold the icon and that menu never comes up, Poynt, Evernote, Google Maps, to name a few examples. It's like they are locked. Anyone seen this before?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Alot of freezing

Recently Ive noticed an unusual amount of freezing as well as the dreaded spinning clock w the .353 leak. I have a sprint bb 9850.Sometimes a good 10 seconds of nothing then all the commands or if I'm typing,the letters appear. Once or twice Ive had to do a pull.
    Ive returned one phone and replaced another. I have minimal apps on my phone,Flixter, Poynt,google maps etc.Anyone notice this with .362?

Jim
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast