Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest 9860 Official OS 7.1.0.825 from Vodafone DE

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2283 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.2283
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.1.0.825
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.593
    File name: 9860jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2283_PL5.1.0.593_A7.1.0.8 25_Vodafone_DE.exe
    File size: 285.61MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software:
    from RIM

or

Vodafone (direct)
    Last edited by rroyy; 03-30-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    Thanked by 4:
    Jaguarandine (03-03-2013),  Oglon3r (06-27-2013),  pipotobe (01-18-2013),  SlcCorrado (01-21-2013) 
    meske likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    Yup I like you too...

Thanks for this. This new OS version is coming at a great time. I hope this will fixes my signal issues with .746
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,964 Global Posts

And in 6 months one might pop up for the 9850. Hope it's a good build for you all.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's

Global Posts
    13,677 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Lightbulb Updated OS UPGRADE GUIDE

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by 7:
    @mbueno (02-05-2013),  Farbod Naghash (04-09-2013),  Jaguarandine (03-03-2013),  justin_hh (08-05-2013),  Oglon3r (06-27-2013),  PatrickMJS (02-05-2013),  ZeroStream (02-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    Yup I like you too...

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    And in 6 months one might pop up for the 9850. Hope it's a good build for you all.
    True I feel bad for the 9850
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

What are the changes in this OS? I bypassed .746 because of various reported issues. So what's new?

Global Posts
    13,677 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by Net_Surfer View Post
    What are the changes in this OS? I bypassed .746 because of various reported issues. So what's new?
    Hard to answer without knowing which OS you do currently use. And of course there's no changelog released.
    But you won't find much "new" in any BBOS anymore, just refinements under the hood.

One exception is the native ability to select LED colours for notifications. That was introduced as of 746.
    Here's a screenshot of the feature on a 9900 posted by Phill_UK:

Anyway, if you're dissatisfied with battery, memory, and/or signal strength, then give this a whirl to see if it improves anything for you.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Master

This is good news of course! Although I am using a 9850 my days with that device will be limited as I anxiously await Z10. Good luck with this. Please let me know what findings and or fixings this may resolve

Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    Yup I like you too...

After a successful installation, I have found the following:

Pros:
    Reboot time is about the same 1min 54sec
    My device is snappier. The programs are more responsive
    I have a little bit more memory on my device (from 102mb to 145.2mb now)
    I had an issue in .746 where it would take more than 20 mins for my GPS to detect my position. It's near instant for now.

Cons:
    The trackpad light fading away effect is still not there, I really miss that effect.
    My bb browser is acting up on certains web pages, there is no smooth zooming in and out for me. However the pages loads quicker.
    The new youtube icon looks good. But it doesn't do anything. I doesn't launch anything.
    I've lost all my favorite web pages (or speedial) in Opera Mini (make sure to make note of them before you upgrade).

The real test will be next week when I got to work. I have signal issue with my phone on the brige. The signal is interrupted for way to long.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

Installed this morning. Signal is better and stronger compare to .746 & .714.

Quote Originally Posted by pipotobe View Post
    Thanks for this. This new OS version is coming at a great time. I hope this will fixes my signal issues with .746
    Prithvi (Z10/10.3.1.938)
    pipotobe likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Last edited by tezytan; 01-19-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    287D54A9

Yessss... The audio player "pause/equalizer" is fixed )))
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28A6BB27

seems fine for now.better that the last OS i''d used. (714).one of the most obvious change is fluidity.no issues so far.
    8900, 9700, 9790, 9860, 9900, Z10, 9720, Q10 & playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    PIN
    As Seen On TV

How is this for ATT users...any mic issues?
    Just Keep It Real
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just installed on an AT&T 9860. I had the mic issue with the last official release (746), and had to downgrade to the earlier AT&T build, but so far have not see it with this one.

I like the resource manager and how it auto kills background apps that are drawing battery. Killed Vringo within 30 minutes of the phone being updated!

Weatherbug seems more responsive, and looks better. Not sure why. The phone "feels snappier" but that's probably because it's a refresh of the OS. Not been on long enough to see if it still has memory leaks - I have quick pull installed, so I'll keep an eye on that over the next few days.

For some reason Twitter did not come over in the update, so had to reinstall. But other than that, nice and smooth. It seems they put some sort of wizard on this release too - I don't ever recall restoring BBM through a wizard before.

I've only made a couple calls thus far, so, too early to really tell, but it looks promising.
    Thanked by:
    kpin_it_real (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

So, 24 hours into it, I'm a huge fan of this release. The lag is gone, I haven't clocked / frozen, it's been super responsive with GPS, Bluetooth, etc. Battery seems more reliable - I still have the memory leak and have to reset the phone. Oh well - probably some rogue app. Will probably start removing a few things to see what happens.
    CrackBerry User

I've had this running for almost 24hours. The audio bug is gone (finally) with this latest release.

There's a bug that's still persistent in this build. I can't seem to delete saved messages (emails/texts) and they end up being stuck with the green icon beside the message. Even if I send the message out, the icon is still there.

Prior to this installing this, emails were in a display style grouped by subject. Now, my Gmail inbox cannot view emails grouped by subject and can only be viewed by single messages. When I try to group them by subject, the Gmail inbox tells me I have no messages. When I set the display style back to single messages, they all show up.

My Blackberry email can sort my messages both ways. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry User

Just an update regarding the email situation: I ended up deleting the gmail email account, battery pull, and setup the gmail box again and is now working.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Upgraded to this OS fairly easily and quickly (less than 20 minutes).
    After (only) 24 hours i've noticed 2 things. The keyboard input seems much more accurate than my previous versions, in that I seem to be able to hit the letter I aim for with much fewer errors.
    I've also noticed that the battery drain is 3.49% so far...which is a little worse than I was getting on .694 Perhaps things may settle down after a few more battery pulls and a couple of days use.

I can whole-heartedly recommend this upgrade.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Already upgrade my OS from .523 to this new version.
    After a week, I just noticed that i got no problem with my esc and menu key. And i like with the LED color.
    But, after upgrade, my Facebook always cannot connect to server and my 3g signal a bit poor.

Any idea guys?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Make sure you have the latest version of the facebook app. My 3G signal appears to be the same, certainly no worse than previous versions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thumbs up

Hi there,

825 works really smooth, no issues.

CrackBerry Newbie

Default lots of complain this time. I'm not satisfied.

My phone rebooted 2x yesterday. And the blackberry device analyzer always gone when my phone restarted. the phone temperature is hot and lots of logs. The .749 is much better than this update. I reinstalled .825 like 3 times already. Not satisfied with this update.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    PIN
    285710A8

I installed it Yesterday night, 12+ hours working GREAT, also you gotta love no more music pause bug, !!!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

I upgraded from 694 last night. I had installed 694 when getting my phone replaced by AT&T for an accerlerometer issue. I installed the official OS before taking it in, then transferred everything over to the new one before mailing in the defective phone. 694 cured the mic issue for me so I kept it on the new phone. I lost the ability to tether with 694, and I was having a bad memory leak.

The phone would boot with approx 139.5 MB free and it would leak and performance would slow. At times it would end up around 35MB free over a day or so. The phone now boots with 149.5 MB free and after a day of normal usage it is at 145.8. Performance is great so far and I have tethering back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast