Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Latest 9860 Official OS 7.0.0.353 from Chunghwa Telecom

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1672 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1672
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.353
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.544
    File name: 9860hwAsia_PBr7.0.0_rel1672_PL5.0.0.544_A7.0.0.353 _Chunghwa_Telecom.exe
    File size: 203.44MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here (hwAsia)

or

Leaked AllLanguage Here
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I installed the all lang pack leak & is nothing but problems. getting errors and major lag issues.

Going to the .296 leak as I type this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

I just installed this OS with no problems at all and so far seems pretty smooth. I'll post an update in a few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

After having this installed for a few days I haven't noticed any problems with this build. I did not install the language packs that were included with this build.

Some improvements I've noticed:

• Battery life seems a bit better. Unplugged it from the charger at noon today and currently (7 hours later) it is at 65% remaining.

• Compass calibration seems to occur much quicker in wikitude.

• Interesting side note, pretty sure this wasn't in the stock build but now in the about screen there is acknowledgement page to the Android Open Source Project.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Anyone else experiencing an extremely slow download time from this link? Over one hour to go for me...
    Blackberry Torch 9850 / Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Invader3K View Post
    Anyone else experiencing an extremely slow download time from this link? Over one hour to go for me...

In your signature it says you have a 9850, this file is for the 9860, just so you know.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ad19 View Post
    In your signature it says you have a 9850, this file is for the 9860, just so you know.
    I actually did download the 9850 version, which still took a long time. Seems to be working well, though.
    Blackberry Torch 9850 / Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Yes, these downloads are very slow with the "free" download sites. That is how they entice you to pay for the faster downloads. I am patient, therefore the downloads are free...

And yes, the Leaked All Language site has both versions available 9850 and 9860.

Running .353 since for several days now. Very stable, and seems faster than the VZN initial load. Only shortcoming was the large selection of OS5 ringtones were missing.

But with BBSAK I was able to reload the COD files with the ringtones, so I have my "Calypso" ringtone. So life is good and I am learning to use the Virtual Keyboard (previous 9650 owner). Love the large screen and touch.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

i have a memory leak, -58MB LOL. anyone else notice this???
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

Also, this leak has the option to hide the bar at the top of the keyboard that would hide the keyboard when it was selected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

is this good for my rogers torch 9860?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by up488 View Post
    is this good for my rogers torch 9860?
    Yes, I installed in on my Bell 9860. You just have to make sure you delete the vendor.xml file.
    Thanked by:
    up488 (09-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

how do i do that? sorry, haven't done anything like this before
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Thanks again! I figured it out how to delete the vendor file which wasn't so hard. lol Completed the update, all is working fine and all I can say is thank god I can hide the down arrow on the keyboard. Gonna save me a lot of frustration! Woot!
    feldmen01 and black hole like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hmmm...

If you hide the down arrow on the keyboard how do you dismiss the keyboard? Is it like in the Storms you just swipe down on the keyboard and its gone?
    BlackBerry Z10
    sshahrul76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparro View Post
    If you hide the down arrow on the keyboard how do you dismiss the keyboard? Is it like in the Storms you just swipe down on the keyboard and its gone?
    yes, you can just swipe down to hide the keyboard
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive

Just loaded my 9860 on Rogers with this Official
    First impression im loving that we can hide the hide the keyboard shortcut, which has pissed me off enough already and ive only had the phone for a week.

Also with this leak i am noticing that the touch screen and keyboard are more responsive than they were on the Stock OS from rogers. I can not comment on battery life quite yet, however everything else is working as it should cant wait to see how she works out. Will update with any findings

EDIT: After having the OS on my 9860 for almost a week now i can say that the mem leak and battery as finally become stable. Im currently only loosing 5mb in a day(MeterBerry), thats with running weather app, bbm, music, emails, txt, facebook, twitter, Also surfing the net. This also applys to battery - as i am writing this im sitting at 4.9% drain and running apps. I had charged the phone over night and watch an hour of a movie on the train to work and had only used 14% battery, which i think is not bad. I can usually run the whole day with no worries and thats with watching usually a full movie and running music for the walk to the train and the last bit of the train ride when the movie is done and still have about 30-45% depends on how much i message on the walk.

In my opinion this is a solid OS version I have not found any actual problems with this OS. So if you are waiting for the OK to install and run. Here it is.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by SkaterGuy2k; 09-28-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Updates on OS
    up488 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

For some reason I can't install this.
    Desktop 6.1.0.35 bundle 34
    Yes, I deleted vendor.xml.
    When I run apploader it just comes back with App House and Wireless Sync as the installed programs and nothing else.
    I had uninstalled a 6.0 (on my PC)...like .500 or something, rebooted, installed this version.

I did create a full backup of my 9800 and then restored it to my 9860 before. Would this cause an issue?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive

Quote Originally Posted by Cntdwn View Post
    Desktop 6.1.0.35 bundle 34
    Yes, I deleted vendor.xml.
    When I run apploader it just comes back with App House and Wireless Sync as the installed programs and nothing else.
    I had uninstalled a 6.0 (on my PC)...like .500 or something, rebooted, installed this version.

I did create a full backup of my 9800 and then restored it to my 9860 before. Would this cause an issue?
    When I first got my 9860 i had came home and copied everything over from my 9800 and when i tried to load app world it would only say still loading and would not change. soo.... after calling rogers to find out what might had happened they told me the phone was defective and that i had to use a new BBID when setting up my new phone (Which was weird cause then i would have to buy all my apps again) not a smart tech lol, but i listened took my phone back and got a new one and when i returned home same thing copied all over and same thing again bb app world would not load my world or allow me to download any apps.

Once that happened again i decided that screw it i am only going to run the phone with what it has and copy stuff over manually. But then i started reading on the forums that many people are having issues with apps and stuff. So i tried loading my phone with only contacts and emails/txt/ringtones to see if that might help and sure enough i have had no problems since i had done that, the only thing is that i had to download all the apps again. Which turned out to be a good thing because i didn't get alot of the same ones i had on my other phone.

So in conclusion........ When copying over an OS 6 device to an OS 7 device only copy over your contacts and messages, then download any third party apps you desire.

Hope this helps at all :d sorry for the long winded story just showing how some techs really have no idea about BB.

Have a nice day
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cntdwn View Post
    I can't seem to install this one either..... Deleted vendor.xml as well, doesn't seem to show up in apploader or desktop manager!! Loaded many Os's on my storm 1 & 2 and never had this issue!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clowrym View Post
    I can't seem to install this one either..... Deleted vendor.xml as well, doesn't seem to show up in apploader or desktop manager!! Loaded many Os's on my storm 1 & 2 and never had this issue!!
    After you install the OS package and delete the vendor.xml file, disconnect from the internet as the loader will check the internet for a new vendor.xml file.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ad19 View Post
    After you install the OS package and delete the vendor.xml file, disconnect from the internet as the loader will check the internet for a new vendor.xml file.
    This didn't seem to work either..... I'll try and uninstall the update from my PC and reinstall offline see if that makes a difference!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

well that didn't work either..... Only software that apploader will recognize is the telus branded software!! could there be a copy of the vendor file somewhere else?

I also read in another thread to click on Compatibility files under windows 7, but only a pool.bin file shows up, and if i get rid of that apploader will not connect to my phone at all
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

FYI my new O2 9860 in the UK came with 353 installed
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

I just wanna get rid of that little keyboardd arrow!!....wish mine came with it!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast