Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Ive also noticed a edit button when viewing a contact that was not there in my last OS. I had to hit the menu button to edit now an edit option is right there on the contact card. I also can confirm on the bold letters along with the switch application thing. I use to have issues trying to select text to copy/cut with the trackpad. It would select text above or below the text that I wanted and I would have to then go into menu and click start selection. This has been fixed as I can now just simply use the trackpad to accurately select the text that I want without having to go into the menu.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    NO it's vendor.xml files c:\program files or (x86) if 64 bit windows)\common files\research in motion\apploader vendor.xml and the other is in users\your profile\app data\roaming\research in motion\blackberry\loader.xml\vendor.xml

Or open a command prompt and run this

click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
    oops,,, what he said..
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

music bug is GONE... yea.......... bravo blackberry
    fast restart, under 2 minutes

one problem exist how to remove caller id name ? never see it before now it there and cannot be remove
    from 8120 to 8900 to 8120 to 9550 to 9670 to 9850
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by icepearl View Post
    music bug is GONE... yea.......... bravo blackberry
    fast restart, under 2 minutes

one problem exist how to remove caller id name ? never see it before now it there and cannot be remove
    do you mean it displays your name or incoming caller??? if you go to phone>options>call logs & lists, there's a tickbox on the bottom of page that says,"show my number",,, untick that box...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    CrackBerry User

Google Maps is working again.

Edit: Wifi Music Sync is back as.a selectable option in 'Applications'. Works well, too.

I don't think the media player memory leak is there anymore. I haven't had to do a battery pull in a couple days. Was getting used to previous OS telling me I was out of memory and could delete things to free up room. I would expect this anytime I used the media player. That hasn't happened with this new OS.
    Last edited by dviles; 03-01-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    CrackBerry User

For me the load worked fine. I was able to do thru Blackberry desktop, after deleting the vendor files. BUT the spelling correction works differently by giving you only one word, a handful of my apps disappeared, and other touch things don't seem to work (although that is probably a lower setting).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

i have the verizon 9850 and for some reason it won't install on my bb... i've tried wiping the prev os off and still nun
    i used the loader.exe and dtm and nun worked.... may i have some assistance if possible???????
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by solo71 View Post
    i have the verizon 9850 and for some reason it won't install on my bb... i've tried wiping the prev os off and still nun
    i used the loader.exe and dtm and nun worked.... may i have some assistance if possible???????
    Did you delete the vendor.xml files?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Did you delete the vendor.xml files?
    yes i did and every time i have to install back .755
    CrackBerry User

Make sure you log off and back on to Windows, or restart.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dviles View Post
    Make sure you log off and back on to Windows, or restart.
    i'll try again..don't recall restarting ..thanks will post my results
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

ok I've tried most and this os cant go on my 9850.....i usually use the use the loader but it wont read the mobile
    CrackBerry User

Default Best OS update yet!

I've done a LOT of OS updates, both official and leaks. This one is BY FAR the best I've installed (coming from 0.755). I've been running on it now for a week. Everything is FINALLY stable!

The bad: BB Maps not finding the GPS immediately and the speed dial buttons need to be pressed a little longer to dial. (Updated on 3-7-13: sometimes my small "in box" notification icon at the top of the phone shows unread messages, but there are none. Only a reboot will clear it out.

THE GOOD: The boot up is fast, and the memory leak is very minimal. (Like 1mb over a few days of heavy usage) The media player bug is fixed! The volume appears to be louder on my Bluetooth devices, so i am ratcheting down the volume on the phone. Native LED Notifications PER contact means getting rid of an app, YAY!

Thanks BB for not abandoning support for this device, just because BB10 is out finally.
    Last edited by blenheimpalace; 03-07-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added more to findings
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by blenheimpalace View Post
    I've done a LOT of OS updates, both official and leaks. This one is BY FAR the best I've installed (coming from 0.755). I've been running on it now for a week. Everything is FINALLY stable!

The bad: BB Maps not finding the GPS immediately and the speed dial buttons need to be pressed a little longer to dial.

THE GOOD: The boot up is fast, and the memory leak is very minimal. (Like 1mb over a few days of heavy usage) The media player bug is fixed! The volume appears to be louder on my Bluetooth devices, so i am ratcheting down the volume on the phone. Native LED Notifications PER contact means getting rid of an app, YAY!

Thanks BB for not abandoning support for this device, just because BB10 is out finally.
    Agreed. For me, everything works. Finally.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,105 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Agree with most above. This is a fine OS. Along with the native BB Navigator app and voice calls for BBM - I can only imagine what the state of Blackberry might have been like today, if this device with this OS and Navigator released 2 years ago and BB10 released last year. I know I shouldn't dwell on what might have been, but every now and then...
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,105 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

ok I've tried most and this os cant go on my 9850.....i usually use the use the loader but it wont read the mobile

There are two(2) Vendor files, did you delete both? If so - walk through how to fix a bricked Berry thread. There is no reason that one 9850 OS can load onto your BB and another can not. None.

Edit will for can. Leaked OSes need help to load.
    Ad Lucem

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

Yep, best so far on mine also.

I have to wonder why some seem unable to install it?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

i only know of one vendor file and i always deleted it.. i've upgraded many os on a few BB b4 and this is the 1st i encounter this....imma try wipe the BB and see whats the outcome
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,697 Global Posts

click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
    Thanked by:
    solo71 (03-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,105 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

i only know of one vendor file and i always deleted it.. i've upgraded many os on a few BB b4 and this is the 1st i encounter this....imma try wipe the BB and see whats the outcome

There are TWO. Has been for a very long time. Many threads about this. Feel free to Google delete vendor file BB. There even is a small program to delete both files. Do this and everything will work fine. Promise. I've been doing this for many, many, many years.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Addict

Found a (new?) Vendor.xml location in Windows 7
  22. gkl
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest 9850 Official OS 7.1.0.861 from Bluegrass Cellular

I have had a fairly good experience so far. The memory is definitely better when using the media player and streaming media.

The downside for me has been GPS and battery. GPS is not always bad but has failed to connect using Traffic requiring a reboot.

The battery reading is the worst. Admittedly, it could be a bad battery, but the coincidence is too hard to ignore as it started right after the update. The main problem is that the reading drops quick with heavy usage and is shutting down my radios. Then a battery pull brings it right back to where it ought to be. Or, if I just plug it in for about 10 minutes, it jumps back to 50% where it ought to be.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

i took the advice of kbz1960 and searched 4 the 2nd vendor.xml file and found and deleted it. its clear to me that the 2nd 1 was the headache..lol. i installed the os and will post my findings and opinion on it soon... i'd like to sincerely thank everyone that helped.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Briard View Post
    With this version, you can pick the color of LED notification on a contact basis.
    how to do this ????
    CrackBerry Addict

how to do this ????
    Select a contact in your Contact list, Menu button and choose Edit.
    Scroll down to the Custom Ring Tones/Alerts and choose which one to edit (Phone, Messages, etc)
    A new section in that setting is Visual Alerts, you can choose a LED color from there.
    Thanked by:
    solo71 (03-07-2013) 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast